All reviews lobby bar spacious room chinese restaurant great hotel executive lounge international hotel bedding china ferry shuttle
Reviewed 28 January 2018

A sparkling hotel on entry. Would like to hear more English spoken, this being an international hotel. The Chinese restaurant was clean and service attentive. Choices of dim sum dishes varied and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
RennieCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wing On City Zhongshan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedbacks regarding the stay with us! We value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We treasure our guest comments seriously and always strive to provide unforgettable, comfortable and friendly accommodations.

We are processing and conducting more English training course for our service team to have a better communication with our foreigner guests.

Looking forward to seeing you and your family for the next visit to Zhongshan!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Beautiful lobby and friendly and efficient reception.
Hotel is clearly new, very clean and shiny. Spacious room and nice view of city.
Breakfast was very good with international selection. Location a bit outside the city center, around 15 min drive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank pfb85
RennieCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wing On City Zhongshan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip here in Zhongshan. We're glad to know you're satisfied with our good front desk service and had conveyed to our colleagues. And we shall strive further in continuing to improve the level of our guest service.We highly appreciate your support.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Management / Crowne Plaza Zhongshan Wing On City

Reviewed 27 May 2017

First at all, even I don’t use always IHG hotels, I’m a Spire Member of the chain and this means, at least, that I know something about hotels and what hospitality standards are. You will not find any complaining review from my side because I always try to see the good side of everything.
On May 30 I attended a Fair in Zhongshan and I booked a room at Wing on City Crowne Plaza. There is another Crowne Plaza in Zhongshan but I already staid on it a year ago and I was really disappointed because it was dirty and without restaurant options (the breakfast was a buffet in round tables for 8/10 people with the dirties tablecloths I had ever seen in a 4-star hotel).
The book at Wing on City Crowne Plaza was for a premier room because I wanted to have access at the lounge where was supposed I can hold several meetings.On the website can be read “Upgrade to a club lvl rm and enjoy free bkfst and evening cocktails in the exclusive club lounge”
Just arriving I got a nice welcome and was noticed that I have been upgraded. First surprise, the lounge does not open till 13:30 and no other place to have a meeting than the lobby bar. This also means that the breakfast is also in the Plaza Bar (not in the lounge as should be when you book a Club Room). The first morning I was warned that my breakfast was not included; after a short discussion and a call to the “manager” I receive, as a gift, a breakfast for that morning (after breakfast I had to go to the front desk to make everything clear and receive the first “sorry”).
At the Plaza Bar I enjoyed the excellent service of the Restaurant Manager and her team (one good thing at least!, she and the lady that was cleaning my room were the only kind and professional people I found there). To put on the other side of the balance, one night I had dinner at the hotel’s Chinese Restaurant and I felt all the time as if I was disturbing them: no kindness, no smile, only rude manners… (even the last dish was served when we already cancelled it when asking for the bill, one hour after ordered).
But was in the last day when they exhibited the disdain they can provide to who is paying their salary. When I made the check out and pay with the credit card, they charged to me on the foreign currency (from where my card is issued) instead of RMB. Without notice me. And asking me to sign a paper showing that “I have chosen to pay in the other currency”. Everybody knows that this is 5% more expensive because the local bank applies a 5% worst rate than your bank should apply (if it is not also a thieve). This means that they put the hand on my pocked and give and unbelievable 5% tip to his bank. I told them why they did this and I only got the classical “sorry” meaning “you will pay for my mistake” (if you experience this, do not accept to cancel the operation because the bank applies even a worst rate for this cancellation and you will pay twice his tip).
Because the car was blocked in a bridge for an accident, my picking was being delayed and, as the lounge was open at that time I went to seat there and have a coffee. The delay for picking was really long and the “happy hour” started and, with it, a new demonstration about their kindness come to me as a remember that “you cannot take anything of the happy hour because you already checked out”. I felt astonished (I asked them to repeat it twice). The “sorry” I got when they take off my money and gift to the bank was just an empty word; no sorry; just I have to pay for their mistakes without any kind of attention from their side.
My car finally picked up me and I could escape from that place. They will not see me anymore.
If you are going to Zhongshan don’t think that you can have any value for your money booking a room at these Crowne Plaza hotels. No any chain’s expected standards there; just the brand printed everywhere. No any respect for your loyalty to IHG. You will get just a fake “sorry” when they deliver bad service to you. You have been warned: go there if you like risk of mistreated.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
RennieCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wing On City Zhongshan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Zhongshan Wing On City!

Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards, staff training which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your satisfaction. Please do accept our sincerest apologies for this incident.

We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to us in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I stayed here 1 night for business as it was near a factory i was visiting for work. I avoid non western or international brands in China because they tend to be geared towards locals tastes, not to mention lacking in cleanliness or service.

The hotel is nice clean and the staff are friendly. The rooms are modern well appointed and comfortable.

DON'T.... i can't say it strongly enough..... Don't waste your money on a room with executive lounge access.... it is shocking. The food consist of cut a few very basic sandwiches on individual plates covered in GLAD (Plastic) wrap.I tried one and honestly would say it's been around longer than any food should. Everything was old, stale and not inviting at all.

I've experienced a few bad club floors but this one takes the crown as the the worst ever.

Room Tip: Standard Room... Not Executive Floor
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
RennieCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wing On City Zhongshan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Crowne Plaza Zhongshan Wing On City.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our club lounge service may have caused you. Your comments about the food quality has been documented and will certainly be looked into for improvement. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We hope this would not deter you from choosing Crowne Plaza Zhongshan Wing On City again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.
Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 25 October 2016

The Crowne Plaza is, as many other high end Chinese hotels, a modern and beautiful decorate place. The bar or cafe area in the lobby is a nice place to relax. I attended a Chinese wedding of a local friend of mine and the venue was a perfect fit for this kind of happening.

The rooms are very nice.

All in all, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
RennieCP, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Wing On City Zhongshan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Crowne Plaza Zhongshan Wing On City and writing us to share your great reviews about the recent stay. It seems that you have had a very pleased stay with us in Zhongshan.

Should you have any additional review, suggestion or detailed request, we are always more than happy to hear from you at any time. You may email to our Guest Service Manager at the address: gsm@cpzs.com.cn.

We look forward to having you back with us again very soon!