All reviews the river hong kong breakfast buffet duty manager spacious room great gym stayed one night feast restaurant coffee lovers the usual amenities beautiful hotel the ground floor bit dated checking in a river view room choice of food dim sum
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

During our three-day stay at the hotel we when through some pretty dramatic experiences . We rode out the tropical storm Mangkhut, packing winds up 240 kph. The building took the full impact suffering only minor leaks from windows in the hallway and some guest rooms. So structural integrity is excellent. During this near emergency situation I have to say their staff, concierge to front desk staff and the duty manager all deserve my praises! One of the best travel experiences I have in hotels of similar class. This one beats the hell out of my last stay at one of the Hyatts. Amenities give hotel the edge but it is what makes a hotel great. The Sheraton Zhongshan demonstrates exactly that. The overall condition of the hotel is very good. The rooms are clean, bed's firm, sheets soft and clean, low mechanical noise from A/C, excellent sound insulation, high water pressure allowing a luxurious shower. I stayed in 1809, a non smoking room with a view to the city.
The front desk Ms Rita Luo is exemplary in her service and so is the concierge staff abour 180cm with a crew cut whose name I regrettably forgot. His kindness is genuine! Last but not least people aren't perfect but the duty front desk manager or simply duty hotel nanager resolved a small safety concerned that I had in a timely fashion and with a follow up call. There's a executive lounge for high tier SPG members, a Chinese restaurant, a Starbucks and small a Western restaurant.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Well deserved Certificate of Excellence (isn't it always?). I liked all about this hotel: room, buffet breakfast and dinner, staff, views ... As our stay was for just one overnight I could not enjoy the pool and other facilities offered in this hotel. Next time I'll plan longer stay. I especially enjoyed early morning dancing with local women - just across the river! My husband was choking with laughter (and taking videos) but I must admit that I felt in much better mood after it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The room was comfortable and had a lot more television then the other hotels in the area. I stay here in this town a lot. The breakfast had a large variety but I was not impressed with the taste. The front desk says they don’t offer points if you are a member And don’t book directly. Keep in mind there will also be tax added to the amount you’re paying. The hotel is certainly a luxury hotel and is probably the finest when I’ve stayed at in this area. It is close enough to shopping maybe 2 to 3 blocks away.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2018

calm, quiet and good property. People are business like friendly. The room I got (2116) was smoke free and had a working air con, which is already a BIG plus for me given my recent years of experiences with SPG hotels.

The lounge only opens after 7am for breakfast, which is too late for me. I went to the lobby restaurant instead, which opens at 6am although not all things are out. Bread and pastry is not fresh, just warmed up leftovers. Also no taste. Nobody came to ask me, what I wanted to drink (I was the first and only guest at that time) until I asked them to prepare an espresso for me. When I asked where the jam is, it took them a while to understand what I meant, then I asked in Chinese. I was pointed to the pancake/waffle station and was told, that the different syrups they had there for the waffles and pancakes were their jams!!! I seldom say this, but the room and the view from the room were really nice. That was the big plus. The rest below average.

Room Tip: 2116 has an excellent view down the river and overlooking the park
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulobtrip
Una T, Online Manager at Sheraton Zhongshan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear guest, thanks for choosing Sheraton Zhongshan Hotel and your precious comments on us, we do apologize for your unhappy experience about the food issue and will give feedback to relevant departments to improve.Looking forward to see you again.Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Many upgrades since last visit. New beddings, upgraded luxury towels. Also much better service and work attitudes. Club lounge offers great breakfast and happy hour food and drinks. Service there was excellent.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business