“Great Service, Great Value, Great Stay”

InterContinental Shenzhen
Ranked #7 of 2,860 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a fantastic stay with my better half. We were just passing through Shenzhen and chose to stay at the Intercontinental because it was positioned in a great area and for a 5 star hotel was really good value. When we arrived it was really great to see they had Christmas decorations up, it can be quite hard to get into the Christmas spirit when in Asia so that was a big thumbs up from me and my girlfriend. When we went to check in we were met with some lovely smiles, all the staff were really helpful and we were up to our room in no time. Our first night we ate in the hotels Brazilian restaurant, the food was excellent. We then enjoyed a couple of drinks while enjoying the entertainment, which was very good; not at all cheesy which can often be the case. The second night we went out and were given some great recommendations. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Shenzhen. If we happen to be in Shenzhen there is only one place we will be staying and that's the Intercontinental!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Daniel A, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear martinanderson333, thank you for sharing with us your staying experience with the InterContinental Shenzhen. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and like our Christmas decorations. Many appreciations for you to share your dinning experience in our Brazilian Restaurant and the recognition to our helpful staff. Please rest assured your commendation will be shared with our entire team as reinforcement to continue their efforts to provide exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen where you may be assured of our best possible attention at all times.
Daniel Arbenz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Luxurious hotel in Shenzhen but unfortunately I didn’t have time to enjoy it further. Just a quick fly in fly out type of trip again. Hotel is really high class one with clean and big rooms. Especially I enjoyed good bed where you had enough pillows. Also the bathroom was nice with good shower and big bath tub for relaxation if you wish.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Jyrki M, thank you for choosing InterContinental Shenzhen and your nice comments. I was delighted to receive it and glad to know that you enjoy to stay with us. We will definitely keep up the good work and improve our products as well as service continuously in order to make sure our distinguished guests like you will have a pleasant experience when staying at our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen in the not too distant future.
With best regards

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

i often come to shenzhen for business and Intercontinental shenzhen is always my choice. rooms are insanely huge and very well serviced. breakfast and restaurant have high quality food. one black mark? the espresso coffee. it has the same [bad] quality of many other places out there while i was expecting the best from Intercontinental also for this little detail. other than that it is just perfect

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Francesco M, thank you for supporting InterContinental Shenzhen as always, we are very pleased to receive your comment and glad to know your commendation about rooms, service and food quality. Regarding the espresso coffee you mentioned, we had shared with F&B team for further improvment, thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

It was pleasure to stay at the intercontinental. Amazon view towards the pool. Metro across the road made life very easy. Room service and housekeeping was prompt when you required something. Friendly staff had time to answer your questions if they spoke English. Very clean atmosphere and large rooms made life easier. To get into down town it takes about 45 minute by metro but you get a lot to see around the hotel too. Rooms are bit old I guess but modern clean and nice. I enjoyed my stay and didn’t have any thing bad to stay. Special thanks to Owan the consierge for directing me and helping find out things. He was very helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Shanaka M, thank you for choosing Intercontinental Shenzhen, it's our great honor knowing that you enjoy you stay with us especially our prompt service, comfortable room and convenient location. We appreciate that you taking the time to recognize our staff, we will keep up the good work and look forward to welcoming you back in the not distant future.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I was staying at the Intercontinental Shenzhen for 3 nights in November and have to say this hotel is one of a kind. Everything was perfect.

The room was great. It is spacious and very bright. The bathroom was great and plenty of amenities.

I was having dinner at the Alenha Brazilian Restaurant. The food was super and also the service was great.
Further I can recommend the 1982 Lounge, they have a nice wine selection.

I want to thank all the Concierge team. They were all helping me a lot. Especially I want to mention Christine here. With her sunny mood, she was putting a smile on my face every day and was giving me a lot of tips what to visit in Shenzhen.

I will come back to this hotel for sure, when I visit Shenzhen next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Niklas N, thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the InterContinental Shenzhen. It is my absolute pleasure and honour that you enjoyed staying with us. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognises our team’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Please rest assured that I have conveyed my deep appreciation with our Concierge team and Christine for their excellent service & assistance, which will be shared with our entire team again, as reinforcement to continue their efforts and improve our service in order to make sure our distinguished guests like you will have a pleasant experience when staying at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen.