1,850 results
All reviews spanish theme pirate ship galleon bar brazilian restaurant real sand el chino outdoor pool the club lounge huge hotel theme park rooms are huge splendid china business trip great facilities special thanks happy valley beautiful hotel
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

My room is facing the pool, great view, spacious room. However the noise from the park nearby totally ruin my mood

There is a party in the theme park nearby, I can hear the music and the guy speaks in a microphone, clearly from afternoon till late around 10pm, non-stop

I have requested quiet room in my booking, sadly they still assign this room to their premium ihg member!

The poster saying the theme park is having this noisy party from June till Oct

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Zdela
Paul H, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the InterContinental Shenzhen.
We are sorry that the noise from Splendid China ruin your mood and brings down your experience. Please accept our most sincere and humble apology and kindly note that we will arrange a room for you further away from the noise for the future visit.
Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope we could welcome you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen where you may be assured of our best possible attention at all time

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Honestly, this is the worst hotel/accommodation experiences I've ever had in my entire life! It makes me have to go to see doctors afterwards, such a nightmare, even more like haunted.

When I checked in, the staff argued with me for invoice issue which I followed the rule they made on 17th of April. And I showed them evidence too, the staff at front desk just wouldn't let go. She has an attitude and confronting me with a rage face and tone , denying everything I proved myself.

However, this is just a beginning. The next morning , construction woke ,me up at 7 am. Is this some kind of joke? There , there , it's not even the worst , yet. They changed my room to 8th floor around 8:30. Within an hour , somebody just broke into my room! Seriously , BREAKING INTO MY ROOM. Bloody hell! They apologized they made a mistake but I'm still in shock till today.And I've been seeing my shrink every single day after , this hotel didn't even bother to check if I'm alright. I deeply believe it worth a sue for everything I've been going through and their attitude.

The last thing is that just an hour before I checked out, the staff who sent me back my laundry asked me to pay in my room for some reason she couldn't tab on my bill. I showed her my deposit sheet which I paid in in cash . What an insult!

I'm still seeing my shrink right now, I've been having nightmares lately.How can someone break into my room? How do I avoid this in the future ?

You gotta pay back, for every pain the caused me , and for justice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience at the InterContinental Shenzhen.
We are very sorry that the experience was below your expectation.Please accept our most sincere and humble apologies. Upon receiving your review, I informed our Division Head immediately to conduct an investigation. We apologize for the invoice issue, the construction noise from opposite the street and our staff wrongly entering your room. Kindly note that we have immediately conducted refresh training on the issues that you mentioned, and will pay extra attention on equipping our staff with the necessary training to ensure they provide personalized and skilled service.
It is only through constructive comments such as yours that we can provide an exceptional experience to our guests. As I understand that our Front Officer manager had emailed you and conveyed our offer to make up for this unpleasant experience. We hope we could welcome you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen where you would experience our improved service.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

So far one of the best hotel chains I've stayed, I always enjoy my time there, whether it's a rush business trip or the pleasant family time, I always have a great comfortable time. Great location. And really helpful and friendly staff. I will definitely come back. P.S; love their swimming pool and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Paul H, General Manager at InterContinental Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear yozimimbela, thank you for choosing InterContinental Shenzhen. It is my great pleasure and honour knowing an esteemed guest like you enjoyed staying with us especially our location, swimming pool and helpful staff. We are extremely grateful for your comments. We will definitely keep up the good work and look forward to welcoming you back to our InterContinental family.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a Spanish themed and it is located at a very strategic location of Nanshan area, you could probably find anything nearby. The environment is so clean and well maintained in detail too!

The hotel room are huge, bed are supersoft and amenities looks premium. I couldn't find anything negative in the room!

They have lots of FnB outlets to choose from. I've been to two of them; Macardo and El Chino which is outstanding! All of the staffs are professional and meet the standard of InterContinental hotel but Rheinsan from Macardo is up and beyond who speak fluent English! He is a huge asset to the hotel

Overall, I find the hotel is the best hotel in China. Would stay again whenever I go to Shenzhen!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Anthony O, thank you for sharing with us your experience with the InterContinental Shenzhen. It is my great pleasure and honour knowing you enjoyed staying with us especially our environment, guest room, restaurant and our staff who speak fluent English. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen where you may be assured of our best possible attention at all times.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

What can I say? This is probably the best hoter I ever had.
Clean, large, good service, incredible breakfast, well situated, ... .
I do recommend this hotel. My room was luxury. Two toilets, a big bathroom, with a shower and a bathtub, 3 TVs (!), a large bed and cooler (a must have) and a large living room with a desk for working (my room number was 5122).
The indoor pool was nice. I couldn't test the outdoor one, but from my balcony, I could see it well.

Room Tip: The higher, the better
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jeanclaude479

Dear jeanclaude479, thank you for your comments. I was most delighted to receive it and glad to know that you enjoy to stay with us.
We will definitely keep up the good work and improve our products as well as service continuously in order to make sure our distinguished guests like you will have a pleasant experience when staying at our hotel.
Once again, thank you for the recommendation and all the nice words on the room and swimming pool.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Shenzhen in the not too distant future.
With best regards