“Great hotel, 2 mins to metro and lots of shopping”

Zhong Tai Lai Hotel
Ranked #189 of 2,865 Hotels in Shenzhen
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Stayed at ZTL for 2 nights. It's not easy to identify the hotel as there is some road works on going in front of the road. Was greeted with smiles upon entering the lobby. Friendly receptionist and answered all my queries with ease. The room are quite big in size and the bed is on the hard side but it is comfortable. There is a restaurant at level 2, which served nice Canto and Chinese food, affordable price. The location is superb with 'LaoJie' metro just 2 mins away. Across the street, there are many shopping malls and wholesale centre, great for people who are here to shop till you drop. Overall, its a great experience in ZTL, the staff are really great! And they provide transportation from hotel to HK airport , cost 800RMB one way

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JackChua92

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on the first day of my business trip in China. The hotel is right at the walking street and a few steps away from nearest metro. Rooms are clean. Staffs are nice. Breakfast are very chinese styled styled. But I would say valued for momey.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Lovely little hotel in Dongmen area. metres away from the metro Laojie which is only 2 stops away from luohu.(hong kong border). One suitcase only is manageable via the metro as there are many escalators and barriers to go through, The hotel is bright and clean and the staff are great The bed was not hard and some staff did understand english. , thanks to Helen for arranging to have my parcel's kept at reception prior to my arrival. Breakfast was basic for westerners but there are many of other places to eat in the area. The area is great to be in at night as many shops and malls close very late and the prices are very good,

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2017

I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are a good size and reasonably well appointed, the bathrooms cosy but modern and clean. It's a great location, close to the local subway and with easy foot access to the Dongmen shopping and restaurant scene. I didn't try the in-house restaurant and the suggestion that there was a bar was misleading (I did look for it) but there is a garden bar, restaurant area across the road, so this wan't really a big deal. WiFi was a little patchy but for the most part worked well. One point, for English language speakers, if the in-room TV is important to you, the only English language channel is CCTV News.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2016

In my opinion, hotels in Shenzhen are considered to be quite expensive in comparison to the quality offered. I've read so much reviews and made so many comparisons beforehand so I am aware of the terrible state of most hotels in Shenzhen. I chose this hotel mainly because of its location (close proximity to Laojie station) and I thought I could overlook the cleanliness issue of this hotel. However, I was so disgusted by the actual conditions of the hotel when I got there. I stayed at the Family Suite since I traveled in a group of 3 adults. Once I got off the elevator, there was a strong smell of cigarette and soon afterwards it turns into a smell of mold as I walked along the corridor heading towards my room. There were mold spots everywhere and even a huge one right on the ceiling in front of my room. It was so disgusting that I felt like puking from looking at it. The room was not any better and were dusty everywhere. There were even a small amount of hair on the floor. Since I'm only staying there for 2 nights, I just bear with it. However, one thing that I really had a hard time there was the lingering smell of cigarette outside and inside my room. I found out later the reason behind this when I saw a local man smoking on my floor in front of the elevator (an enclosed and air conditioned area) despite the no smoking sign pasted. What a shocking sight! I hope to never be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family