Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 358
USD 318
All reviewslao jieexit dhotel is locatedwriting deskdongmen areaconvenient locationin house restaurantdongmen walking streetan ironmetro stationhong kong borderrooms are cleanan upgradeshopping mallenglishchineseluohu
Reviewed 7 August 2012

So surprisingly to see the hotel right in front of us when we stepped out the exit D of Laojie subway station. It was incredibly situated at the most convenient location where Dongmen Laojie is the most famous shopping area in Shenzen. You can move around the whole Shenzen using the subway system conveniently at cheap fare. Food can be easily found at the area too.
The hotel lobby was clean and quiet with 2 sets of sofa allocated for customers. Two lifts to the hotel rooms are just opposite the hotel reception counter. The check-in was very well-prepared before we reached. They only need to fill in the guest details before submitting you the room key card. Check-out was done extremely fast too.
The hotel looks new, clean and well-maintained all the way from the entrance till the room. The room is actually quite small. I booked for a superior twin room. However, the bed is quite big and comfortable which could actually accomodate 2 adults per bed if you don't mind to 'squeeze' yourself. The bathroom is very small too, especially the shower room. However, we are very satisfied with the hotel room. The room looks exactly the same like shown in the picture found in website.
During my stay, the hotel was undergoing renovation of their LED signboard on the outside of the building to change their name to ZTL Hotel Shenzen. I will definitely choose the hotel again for my next trip.

Room Tip: Only superior twin room is available if you are looking for 2 beds per room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Choose to stay at the business room this hotel just for its location. I think it is only 8 to 10 meters from Laojie station exit D. This hotel is very strategically located. Right in the middle of the busiest area in Dongmen, Shenzhen.In this area, you will spend time savouring the nice food and also look at the thousands of shops.

The room is big whith a separate dining area. All furniture, carpet and every thing in the hotel is old. Since I hardly stay in the room, old furnitures and fittings is not an issue. The only issue I have with the room is the lack of hot water in the shower. When I noticed that there was no hot water in the shower at about 1 am, I informed the frontdesk and the housekeeper came to try out the water but could not fix the problem after about 10 mins.

I was exhausted by then and decided to ask her to leave and took a quick shower with the icy cold water instead of changing room since it will take me some time to pack my stuff.

I had informed the front desk again the next morning and apparently the night shift staff had not informed those in the morning shift. Again a different house keeper came to try and fix it and later offer me the room next to the mine.

The shower in the next room was working well.

Overall, an average experience. Please also avoid rooms near the lift as there is a big smoking area next to it despite it was a level designated for non smoking rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The hotel itself is in good standard with spacious rooms (a bit old already, but ok), great beds and the location is very good (right next to a subway station) and next to an enormous shopping complex in Shenzhen. Unfortunately, we were first given a smokers room, although we explicitly asked for a non-smoking room at the reception. It smelled terribly, and we asked for another room, which wasn't ready yet. So we had to wait 2 more hours. The new room was good, only the view a bit disappointing (right next to another skyscraper). When we left the hotel, we wanted to leave some postcards to be sent by the hotel. Unfortunately the receptionists English was so poor, that we needed a couple of minutes to explain what we wanted. All in all, we are a bit undecided what to think about the hotel. Probably there are better options in Shenzhen for the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hotel is good the size of the rooms good and the restaurants in the same building as the hote are good as well. The location is very good and the srvice the same. However there is need for changing of the carpets everywhere and probably the whole of the hotel need to renovated. The carpets are old and weard out and they smell. Otherwise all good .

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights directly through the hotel via email as they promised the best rate through email. And indeed it was. We were given the rate of 320RMB without breakfast! The rooms were quite spacious and at that rate. I have really nothing to complain about. The beds and pillows were comfortable and amenities were adequate.

Free internet was available in the room and free Wifi was available in the lobby and 5th floor, where buffet breakfast was served. There is also a pc in the lobby.

Breakfast costed only 30RMB/person. What a steal! The spread was quite good. Again, no complaints for that price we were paying.

The location is very convenient, only about 2 mins' walk from Laojie MRT station and there were many eateries and restaurants and shops around the restaurant. However, my brother felt that the location was not that ideal as the hotel was not near to any bus stop.

My brother brought us to a Cantonese Restaurant opposite Days Inn (another side, not the main entrance) & Laojie called Tang City. The food is quite good. All Cantonese restaurants charge a 10% service charge in Shenzhen.

Would recommend all to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family