All reviews spacious bathroom business hotel the executive lounge business trip closet baoan district comfort
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Amazing comfort and room amenities! First class hotel experience from check in, dinner, rest and breakfast. Live bands in the dinner lobby area are great, along with good TV selection including FOX sports. 210 rooms, 2 restaurants and 6 meeting rooms. I highly recommend this first class hotel

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Hotel is good, I was there for a long staying terms and found it an excellent place to stay.
Room was always extremely clean, Coffee bar also serve an amazing espresso! Staff is nice and proactive, lot of people speak fluent English. European people among the management.
Restaurant has to improve.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2016

I stayed in Grand Skylight International Hotel, Guanlan , Shenzhen for 2 nights in March 2016. I was very pleased with the room, service, staff and food. Unfortunately, I also had a very bad experience in that hotel – On the evening of my arrival I drew RMB3000 from the ATM machine located in the Lobby. Only later I discovered that some of the notes were counterfeit!!! I am well aware and know not to change money in the markets or streets – but to use an ATM in a 5 stars hotel and receive fake money???!!! I was sure that once I notify the hotel , they will take responsibility and compensate me. How surprised I was to find out that the hotel denies any kind of responsibility and sends me to deal with the bank of China directly. I am writing this review only now as I wanted to offer the hotel a chance to reconsider and understand that they are responsible to what happens in their hotel. Had I eaten something bad in the hotel restaurant would they have sent me to complain to the meat supplier? Had I fallen because of a broken chair, would they have sent me to the carpenter who built it?? Same with the ATM machine. It is located in their lobby so hotel guests should feel that it is 100% safe to use it. It is a shame that a hotel prefers to gain an unhappy customer who will never return and will notify all his friends and business mates not to book this hotel, rather than take responsibility and compensate.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank NathalieIsrael
Reviewed 9 April 2016

I stayed here for six nights. I had a room on the 7th floor facing the garden, which was very peaceful. There are two restaurants, one with quite loud live performers each evening and a slightly more western menu. I ate most nights in the other one with a Chinese menu. I found the food very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and despite me speaking no Chinese we got by pretty well using translation on phones etc. The menu had pictures anyway. As well as the service, the reason I ate here was not only that the music was quieter, but being solo the restaurant is well lit enough to read a book or magazine over dinner. The hotel staff were really helpful - getting taxis for me and so on. There's not much to do in the locality. You can walk by the river and there are some shops across the road, but really nothing to entice you out. The downside for me was the morning and evening traffic which meant 45 mins twice a day stuck in traffic to get to and fro to work.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Booked this hotel with Expedia to include breakfast for one night for a meeting with my two brother-in-laws. On arrival the reception staff said the booking only included breakfast for one! When we queried it the staff were very rude to my wife. We then battled to get the Expedia booking form back off them so we could check. They were right and we had to pay an additional expensive amount. The room looked decent enough however the marble bathroom floor was filthy (take some damp tissue and wipe the floor if you don't believe me).
The next morning while waiting for a taxi there were a Chinese family complaining about being cheated and one of the middle aged ladies got very upset and angry with the (non) response of the desk staff and threw the sweet bowl on the reception desk in frustration. The hotel's way of dealing with the situation was to call the police. Hardly customer friendly.
This hotel as nice as it is on the surface has a complete management failure and does not deserve to call itself "International".

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family