1,683 results
All reviews butler service tallest building social restaurant kk mall duplex suite chief butler drawing room entire city floor lobby guest recognition spg gold member infinity pool floor to ceiling windows perfect stay upon check grand theatre guest relations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I went to The Social Restaurant in the St. Regis Hotel a couple of weeks ago and have been dreaming of it since. It was an absolutely beautiful experience.

My friends and I were greeted by pleasant, smiling staff who showed us to our table over looking the spectacular skyline of Shenzhen and Hong Kong. This is truly breathtaking especially at nighttime. The manager, a bubbly, friendly guy, personally showed us around the buffet. The variety of food is excellent and there is certainly something for all tastes, be it Japanese, Italian, Chinese or Simple Western. The ingredients for each countries cuisine is specifically imported from that country, so we get the genuine tastes and flavours from around the world. The presentation of the food was excellent.

After filling our plates with beautiful breads, cheeses and meats, we returned to our seats where our drinks were waiting along with complimentary oysters and mussels. They were delicious!! Going back to the buffet for seconds, there was so much to choose from. Freshly baked salmon Wellington, roast beef, succulent duck.... The list is endless. Again, on returning to our seats, juicy marinated lamb chops and sliced steak was waiting at the table for us, as well as a drink too up.

After eating as much as we thought we possibly could, the manager reminded us of the fanatastc desserts available. The chocolate fountain, both milk and white chocolate, automatically made some room.

The entire experience from start to finish was of the highest quality and a real treat. The outstanding food and stunning views paired with the exceptional service and attentive, friendly staff made this one of my most memorable times in Shenzhen.

I can't wait to return. Thank you to everyone at the St. Regis for this wonderful culinary experience. You really have a fantastic team at the Social Restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
PubilcRelations, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Shenzhen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear rainyfallon,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had an exquisite dining experience at Social, with the breathtaking view, delectable food and attentive service provided by our team. I will share your comments with our Social team and thanks for their great effort.

Strongly recommend you to visit next time and have a try on our Gueridon service, which presents the best ingredients of the season and will be served to your table.

Thank you once again for your nice words. We all look very much forward to welcoming you back, whenever you are in the city.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

My stay at the St Regis,... it's jus amazing! Reception is as usual very welcoming.
Views from my room is amazingly awesome! On the clear day, u can see many miles of the city, and the mountains view across the border of Hong Kong. Room is clean, neat, spacious and comfortable which is what I need when back from the tiring work.
Food at breakfast,.. plenty of varieties & selections. Services there are just excellent. Staffs are really friendly, smiley & courteous! It will be a page full of names, but just to name a few, Emilio, Leo Yuki, Paul, Tom, Renuard, Jessica, April, Penny, Monica, Jesse, Janice, Paris...and many more. Even the interns, they are pretty well trained, I saw them the first day at work & they seemed they had been there a long time already after a couple of days. They are excellent. And guess what, they remembered your name, & even my egg preferences.
After a long day at work,.. took the elevator to the 100th floor lounge. Happy hours for the Platinum status is really nice,... There, I can enjoy the fantastic night views, light snacks, beers, wine, brandy, cocktails etc,...fabulous place for me to finish my daily reports, meet friends & to chill. Staffs there too are super friendly, courteous & attentive, that's what I need cheerful happy faces. Thanks to Laura, Kelly, Yolanda, Yesica, and Amy....

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank kng223

Dear Kng223,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel, with the convenient location, wonderful interiors and especially the caring service provided by our associates, like our Front Desk, Housekeeping and our talent F&B team.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The St. Regis is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is excellent. The view is awesome!!! I would recommend anyone traveling to Shenzhen to stay at St. Regis

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Matt M,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel, with the convenient location, wonderful interiors and especially the caring service provided by our associates.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The Social restaurant is on the 95th floor of the St. Regis Hotel. I went there with a group of friends last week. We had a truly enjoyable evening and I would highly recommend a visit.

Firstly, I was very impressed with the breathtaking views right at our table. When the clouds cleared we could see the beautiful Shenzhen-Hong Kong border.

Our server, Amber greeted us with a warm smile and explained the layout of the buffet and the origins of the various types of food.

The restaurant imports food from a range of different countries to ensure world class variety and flavour. Among my favourites were the cheese baked oysters, oven roasted vegetables, fresh salmon and Peking duck rolls.

And then there is dessert...
As a chocolate lover, I was actually ecstatic when I saw the chocolate fountain; marshmallows, biscuit or meringue on a stick waiting to be dunked in flowing brown or white chocolate.
I also loved the ice-cream, the flavour was high quality.

At the St. Regis, the food, the service and the setting combine to provide an evening that is one to remember.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elaine R

Dear Elaine R,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel, with the stunning view, diversity of choices and especially with the caring service provided by our associates, like Amber. I will share your comment with our Social team and thanks for their great efforts.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

A few things I will keep in mind after my business trip from last month.

1. The amazing view from the lobby! What a start of my stay.

2. The bulter service provided in the hotel. They made me feel so welcome and helped me with all my needs throughout my stay. Proactive thinking and his attention to detail make me remember butler Louis. Awesome guy!

3. One evening had drinks in the bar, and funny enough got a Pepsi coke bottle and a Coca cola glass. Strange but funny, I asked a rosehip and pepermint tea. I believe the chinese guy just didnt understand my British english accent! But good recovery from the chinese chap, as he offered us the tea!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Jasper D

Dear Jasper D,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel, with the gorgeous view and especially with the caring service provided by our St. Regis Butler, like Louis. I will share your comment with our Social team and thanks for their great efforts.

And please also accept my sincerely apology for the inconvenience during your visit in the bar. Please rest assured that I have already personally shared your comments with the respective managers to improve our training system and to emphasize one more time that this should never happen again to any of our guests.