See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Stayed here for a few nights, did enjoy my stay in overall, great room and service. Very professional and helpful staff, helped me around with recommendations around the city and this area. Would definitely recommend it to my friends, and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 9 February 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are making great effort to offer high-quality service and hope to become the best hotel at Longgang. Hope you all the best!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I came to Shenzhen with a business purpose and have chosen Friends hotel because of its location and good comments. Nice room, especially the bed - big and soft - that it was hard to leave it getting up early in the mornings, haha. I have stayed in a couple of hotels in different countries abroad and from what I can tell its a very nice hotel. Good breakfast! ( Just add the core of the any westerner - scramble eggs -, a bit more fruits and it would be perfect! Professional stuff at the reception, good attitude and very helpful. I have taken walks every evening in the park by the hotel. In one word, I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are making great effort to offer high-quality service and hope to become the best hotel at Longgang. Please receive our sincere invitation and hope you all the best!

Reviewed 7 January 2017

This hotel is fairly modern but showing its age. I'm currently staying here and have been here for four nights. Rooms are spacious, bed is comfy and shower is good. The details are beginning to wear and tear - woodwork in the bathroom is rotten after repeated floods, some of the fixtures and fittings are tired.

Breakfast is a bit odd, for a westerner. There is plenty of local fair, which the locals seem to enjoy, plus there is a small amount of western breakfast which will just about suit. There is a lack of fruit, the coffee machines seldom work properly and the fruit juice is gloopy and laden with sugar. As a colleague commented - it's a bit like they've seen a photo or a video of a good hotel breakfast setup and tried to copy it with no idea what temperature anything should be - they have all the metal dishes and buffet arrangement, but things you expect to be hot are cold and vice-versa.

The main problem I have with this hotel is the attitude they take to locals versus that to European guests. There is a no-smoking policy throughout the hotel that is clearly labelled in different languages and in symbols, however this doesn't seem to stop many chinese guests who smoke freely in public areas and on non-smoking floors. When I mentioned it to reception, as the smoke was wafting into my room, I was told that there was a large number of Chinese guests at the moment, and they were not going to ask them not to smoke, but offered to move my room, which I declined (I could have been moving all week)!

The Sauna is off, unless you request it, then it takes half an hour to warm up - don't bother, it's tiny and the wood is peeling off the walls.

There is also an odd policy for the pool - you must wear a swim cap. I asked for clarification and was told buy a cap or don't swim. Never been asked to do this before and I wasn't prepared to do it. In fact the staff seemed to get rather antagonistic when I asked for reasons why this was policy.

The hotel management seems to want to enforce silly rules in the interest of public health, but not the big ones. Either that or there is a racist attitude towards foreigners - the locals can do as they please but you must stick to our rules.

There is a Crowne Plaza around a kilometre away, with more food outlets / bars / shops around it - go there instead.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking and make sure it's enforced, or just go to the Crowne Plaza instead
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 February 2017

Dear, Mr. Coventry.
Thank you so much for all your comments. We will do all necessary to improve the breakfast choice. Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for the smoke that caused such an uncomfortability. We will do the necessary trainings with the stuff in correction and improvement so all that you mentioned above will not happen in the future.
Thank you very much for your stay and your feedback. We are looking forward to see you.
Best wishes and regards,
Friends International Hotel Public Relations Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

I came here for a quick 2-day business trip and spent one night here with business counterparts. The hotel is clean, beautiful and luxurious. The food is decent coz I am not necessarily a fan of local cuisine, but I get what I need. I didn't get to try all the fancy facilities available but it seems it has all. The room is very nice and I totally enjoy my stay after I had a very long day. This is a hotel I'd recommend for anyone traveling in town.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 June 2017

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

It was better than I expected, especially for the kind of rate you can get this hotel. Rooms are truly exceptional, service was great as well. I thought it was too good to be true but the hotel that business travelers stay at and my factory recommended was booked. I'm glad they were. I'll be staying at this hotel from here on.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business