“The Famous Kyle at Shenzhen was helpful and honest.”

Luohu Commerical City (Lo Wu Shopping Plaza)
Book In Advance
Ranked #9 of 497 things to do in Shenzhen
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Luohu Commercial City (simplified Chinese: 罗湖商业城; traditional Chinese: 羅湖商業城; pinyin: Luóhú Shāngyè Chéng) is an enclosed shopping mall located on the Shenzhen side of the Shenzhen River, right outside the entrance/exit to Luohu Immigration Control Point.The mall is five stories tall and sells a wide range of items, including watches, handbags, clothes, shoes, audio-visual products, souvenirs, curtains, DVDs, etc. The mall also includes a number of restaurants and shops that offer services, such as massages and dental work, at very low prices.The Luohu Inter-city Bus Terminal is located directly under Luohu Commercial Center, and buses to locations in Guangdong and Fujian provinces are available here. A shuttle to Shenzhen Airport is also available in the Bus Terminal. Shenzhen Railway Station is next to the mall and provides long-distance travel across China. Visitors with permission to enter Hong Kong may cross the border at the Immigration Control Point and take the East Rail Line as far as Hung Hom.Located on the north side of Luohu Commercial Center is a bus station for intra-city buses and mini-buses. Immediately to the west is the Luohu Station of the Shenzhen Metro. Taxis are also available at a special taxi stand location below the intra-city bus station.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just came back from the Shenzhen "fake market." I went to see Kyle after I read about him on the internet. I found him to be honest, sincere and helpful. This was the third "fake market" I went to in China. The quality there was much better than the others (including the "best market" in Shanghai. There are different levels of fake merchandise. He gets items from others, but is honest and helpful. I believe that he sends runners to the different locations in the warehouse. Sure he makes a profit off of what others sell. But it appears that it is over their prices. When one item I asked for was not of top quality, he had the guy go back and search for it. He even walked us toward the train (and I don't think I spent all that much for an American tourist - $900 American dollars on numerous items (purses, watches and pens), I recommend him. I bought copies of brands that I own real items from - Balenciaga, Dior and Mont Blanc. He wasn't pushy or annoying. I didn't have to hear "Missy" or "pretty lady" one time while with him. I recommend him.

14  Thank SusanB_L197hv

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Luohu is a huge shopping mall with many shops offering almost anything you will need whether it be for yourself or family and friends.
Good quality copies and some original brands.
Be sure to negotiate as the first price given is almost three times what they are prepared to sell for.

2  Thank Candice P
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Lots of individual vendors for this and just about everything else in 6 huge floors each with about 50-100 vendors; no chain stores. If you want a fancy, high priced mall, this is not the place for you. My son goes to school in Hong Kong, and this is where his classmate took him to buy a custom suit and electronics. Yes, you can find fake goods here, too, that you won't find in the upscale malls.

There are the typical hawkers trying to lure you in, and they will quote crazy prices. Most are quoted 4-5 times what you should pay, though my suit was quoted at 1800 rmb, and I ended up at 1200.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I always stop here to pick up gifts on my way home to the USA. Large variety of stuff but be wary that all name brands are fakes and sub par quality. Prices can be bargained down up to 75% from the initial asking price. If you stay away from the knock-off stuff, you can can find some great quality things at great prices. Open late till 10pm.

1  Thank Allan S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

my friend and I recently went to Shenzhen from Hong Kong for shopping. As we stayed in Kowloon, the train ride ( light blue MTR line) was easy and only took about 30 mins to LO WU ( end of the line). The cost of the train ticket was $34 hkg dollars ( each way) which you can top up on your octopus card. We knew the shops did not open till about 11am but got to Lo Wu about 10am to get visa. As it was early, the visa took less than 20 mins to process as only a handful of people waiting. There are plenty of signs to guide you to the visa area. Yes, it is a bit tedious to fill out a departure form from Hong Kong, then the visa form, then an arrival form for China all in the space of a few metres, but that's the process. The visa payment must be in RMB ( Chinese currency) as well as the shopping. We got our Chinese currency in HKG at a money exchanger on the street. Easy and we got receipts from Western Union. We are quite used to Asian bargaining, so were not put off by this routine in the shops, and yes you can experience arm-pulling to get you back into shop to buy if you have been bartering and start walking away, but open with ridiculously low price ( 1/4) of price quoted if you don't really want it and only go up to half and see how serious the shop owner is. The popular copy bags are procured after looking at books and the item is brought to the shop from a ware-house. The watches are cheap copies but good for relatives back home. With our aussie exchange rate, we found shopping in HKG expensive but Shenzhen was ok. Go with an open mind and a smile.

3  Thank ausbron