See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

The hotel should close for a top to bottom refurbishment. The decor says it all really circa late 80s.

The corridor outside the twin share room had mouldy wall paper; the bathroom set up was far from private; and the room itself was like the hotel, namely tired while reading lighting was inadequate.

The breakfast buffet was a shambles on the two days we used it. Basics such as fresh fruit and yoghurt often ran out and it was often a scramble to find seating.

The only redeeming feature were members of the staff.

Avoid.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2015

Arrived at La Fonte on a business trip and reception is very impressive. Very clean throughout.

We made the mistake of eating in the hotels lobby restaurant on the first night. I ordered the Salmon. Massive mistake!

I was in the very hard bed for the rest of the trip. No-one at the hotel spoke any English so I couldn't even tell anyone I was ill in bed and therefore couldn't stop the cleaner from coming in.

Hotel is okay if you don't mind an uncomfortable bed and food poisoning! :)

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2015

The hotel is located a few subway train station from CBD. The neighborhood is very quiet and safe. Staffs are helpful and very polite as well. Breakfast is good with large selection which located next to the main lobby. The room is very spacious with all toiletries included. I had a king size bed with clean sheets and 4 pillows. Wifi is available everywhere though it is a bit unstable and you have to login every now and then. Nonetheless, it's broadband. There are several restaurants in the hotel, health centre, swimming pool and a tea house by the pool. I would love to stay here again and would highly recommend it for business travelers like me.

Room Tip: Choose one with a bigger window.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

There were hardly anything to rave about the hotel except its in the middle of a residential area & am not sure how many would want it that way? Staff is just not responsive, i asked for milk powder 3 times & they nodded in yes but the mil powder never came! this was just an example to convey that one has to be careful. it might be a good idea to pick up some placards in kanji which will help to communicate with them. I was in for a shock in the middle of my breakfast! the clock struck ten & they removed everything, although they offered me some fruits. there is hardly anything to see from the hotel except sky scrappers. rates are reasonable 600 RMB

Room Tip: 10th floor & above
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Yes, it seems to be so. This hotel has no bar. They serve drinks in the lobby's Maple Restaurant, and in the Chinese Restaurant on floors 5 & 6, but by my scoring system this doesn't count. One evening I tried drinking at the Maple Restaurant with colleagues, and service was slow and the drinks chintzy. Clearly not my kind of hotel at all, so read the remainder of my review with that in mind. A major early problem was internet failure. There is no wifi, so I used my room's Ethernet connection, which was OK. It worked, but was intermittently slow, and I lost connection a few times. One morning though, it was totally dead. I called the desk and nice young lady with a technician in tow came by and carefully checked it out, using my laptop for trouble shooting. They confirmed what I already knew, i.e. while the Ethernet connection was live, I was getting no service. They couldn't fix it and said their main IT guy would come when he started his shift at 8:00, just a short time afterwards. He did show up with a replacement router under his arm, showing he had a good idea of what the problem was, i.e. it happens frequently. Again using my laptop, he worked for half-an-hour or so in my room, and eventually fixed the problem by changing out our floor's router. Thereafter, the service was acceptable. The Maserati. Over the 4 nights I stayed, a weird guy had his yellow Maserati parked in pole position by the main entrance. Occasionally, he would check it out and roar up and down Jingtian Rd. a couple of times, then re-park it. Is he the hotel owner? Was he running a wake-up service? Does anyone understand this behavior? Is he protesting the bar shortage? If he's a guest, I would suggest he reassess his asset allocation, and move some of his underperforming Maserati fund towards staying in a nicer hotel. If he's the owner, I question his investment strategy even more strongly. The neighbors. My next door neighbors were noisy partying non-stop. Their door was always open, and based on the comings and goings to and from the smoke-filled interior, they were running a vice racket whose details I'd prefer to not know. Don't they know that in their business it's best to arouse as little attention as possible? The misery just doesn't stop at this place. The breakfasts are lame. Soggy potstickers, the only milk is sweetened condensed, no cheese, bacon served in a huge cold congealed clump, ... I could go on. And on. Perhaps just one more breakfast gripe, if you'll indulge me. A couple of times, I was there right at opening time, 7:00 or just after, and there was no coffee. I'll pause while you consider the implications. No coffee damn it! Just like a prior reviewer, I couldn't figure out the safe either. The bed was also too hard for my taste. Then there was the laundry caper. I sent three shirts and some pants to the laundry, but they didn't come back. I was sleeping off an n-martini lunch that afternoon, so I assumed they had tried to return my clothes but found my room in a do-not-disturb state. Nothing arrived that evening, nor the following morning. Note, this is a key detail: I asked a colleague to remind the desk that I needed my pants back. The condition of the ones I was wearing was proof enough. I went straight up to my room, and sure enough a few minutes later a menacing guy without a uniform arrived at my door with my laundry in hand. He demanded immediate payment in cash. He had my laundry, and I knew the front desk had sent him, so I assumed he was legit. I paid up. But he offered no receipt and quickly left. He actually didn't even want to give me a copy of the order, but I insisted. I didn't have to pay my hotel bill, which my hosts covered, but I will wonder until my last acrid mouthful of Beijing air, whether the laundry charge also appered on my bill. I bet it did. Finally, the pants were ironed flat. Did I look like I needed the aid of a sail on each leg, or cowboy chaps? Perhaps the desk had told the laundry that's apparently the style I prefer. I'm skipping my usual sustainability review. In this place, invoke survival mode, and don't think about the future. The whole place is seedy. There's gotta be be better options.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business