This hotel is situated in the city center. On the base floor there is a connection the metro station. This is an average 3 star hotel by Chinese standards. Most Americans would rate this hotel a 2 to 3 star hotel. This hotel is geared towards the male businessman.
1. The plug in front of the mirror is only for shavers. You can not style your hair with a hair drier or curling iron in front of a mirror.
2. The mirror area is not not large, and it is hard to put on make up on. The sink takes up the majority of the space.
3. For business traveling I feel that there isn't enough storage. I found myself leaving everything in my suit case and consistently sifting through my luggage.
1. Centrally located, with a subway station below the hotel.
2. Many places to eat around the hotel to grab a quick bite to eat.
3. Very close to the convention hall.
4. Very close to the Ritz and the Four Season hotel. It's off the main subway line that goes through the city, s minimal transfer to get to major tourist locations.
5. The AC works well.
6. They actually have an extra shelf in the shower to place your toiletries.
1. A little musty smell.
2. Everything doesn't feel very clean. It does look clean.
3. The internet is ok at best. I'm sure this will improve as people complain
4. The curtains are not great at blocking out all light. This is very important to those who are jet lagged. It's early April now, and the sun rises before 6 AM.
Overall, I think with a few updates this hotel would be a great hotel. Fresh carpeting and new wallpaper, and remodeled bathroom.
Oh yes, all USA travelers, bring an adapter. All of the plugs are Chinese standard plug configurations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Golden Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.