See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I spent the day at the Interlaken OCT Hotel for some rest and relaxation. The location was perfect. The nature that surrounded the hotel was serene and calm. The place was empty though. You can tell that much of the operations are down probably bec of the lack of funds to maintain the area bec not many go to the area. But all in all, the environment was something new worth visiting.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I took my daughter there for a weekend escape. We rented a villa and enjoyed our stay there. The hot spring is nice, fun for kids as well as there are a variety of pools and hot springs. Hotel guests can go to the Tea Valley after 6pm, which works well for us to take a stroll and enjoy the sunset scene. I do think the hotel restaurant needs some improvement. The Chinese restaurant is always short of capacity and the waiting time is long. I think they should improve the restaurant quality overall.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The main problem with the hotel is that the staff couldn't care less. Underneath the surface of the quirky European architecture is a throwback to the customer service of a state run enterprise. The room was not very clean and there was toilet paper in the bin beside the toilet on arrival. The lakeside restaurant has an extensive list of beers and deserts on the menu most of which were not available. The service in the Chinese restaurant was extremely slow and the dumplings were cold and hard. The facilities are not available for most of the day. We has hoped to have a relaxing day having a massage and spending time at the pool, but we were told firstly that we couldn't use the pool after checkout and then that it did not in any case open until 3:00. So we decided to have a massage while we waited. Having haggled down the price, we were driven to the spa only to be told when we arrived that it was also closed until mid-afternoon. So we just left the hotel. While we waited for the bus, the doorman tried to sell us an overpriced car. The hotel did not respond to my email setting out my complaints.

You could maybe live with this if it were not for the price, It claims to be a "luxurious property "offering "a 5 star European holiday experience" and at USD 300 per night it should be expected to live up to this claim - it would be a high end price even in London or New York, let alone Shenzhen. In terms of value for money, this is the worst hotel experience I have had - I felt like I had been robbed any left feeling anything but relaxed and rejuvenated.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rene-Artois
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

If you have a spare day, the Old China Town Is a good place to visit.

Lots to see and some nice walking trials. Food inside the park is not as expensive as one would imagine.

Numerous street shows and even a bird show at the Four Seasons pavilion.

Do buy tickets to the show.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Excellent 5 star hotel, excellent customer service !!! I Love It!!!!
We stayed on 15 Dec for 1 night and in rm 1536 (probably) with my girlfriend, everything would be perfect, I have an unforgettable birthday trip!!!
From excellent service of GSC team (Front Desk) and staff of Italian restaurant (Vista Lago Italian Restaurant) to room facilities, especially the lake view from our room, that is breathtaking !!!
By the way, there is one thing may the hotel need to improve, cleanness !! There are some stains on the bathtub and sofa.
Finally, I definitely would recommend my clients and friends to stay in this hotel!! Thanks again, you made my day & my birthday trip !!!
Troy Tsang

Room tip: Lake view, high floor, Italian restaurant (Vista Lago Italian Restaurant) good!!!
Date of stay: December 2016