This was my second time at this resort. My memory of the first experience was about one hotel in a wonderful place but that needed urgent care. This time I was invited by a friend and we were upgraded to a villa.
1. If you can take a villa: privates hot spring and cold swimming pool. Unforgettable.
2. Enjoy the service of the friendly staff. Specially at the restaurants where Peggy (at the Chinese restaurant) and Jayson (at the Café Veranda Restaurant) are leading enthusiastic teams that are kind and always ready to please you. Everything we tried from the menu was delicious and I only can congratulate who is in charge of the cookers team.
To be considered as improving areas:
1. The Club. Nothing to compare to a standard Club in any other hotel of the group (can you imagine that you don’t have a beer or a gin tonic? just a bottle of wine is available at the Club).
2. The details. It is clear that the management do not pay attention to the small things (lights have mixed colors on the lamps, from the bright white till the warm yellow; you have to ask for more soap on the bath or extra towels in a place that is supposed that you are enjoying with the water; you have a kitchen but no refrigerator, etc.). Seams that the management is saving on the pinups.
3. The surroundings. I remember a nice place to take a walk but now everything is closed (the bridge to cross to the other side of the lake, the outdoor forest hot spring…). Seams again to save on the pinups.
What is unacceptable:
The payment with a foreigner credit card provide a bank slip where you don’t realize that they are converting the local currency to the currency of the country where the credit card is issued. There is small letter saying that they offered you to choose the currency option and that for “the currency service" they will charge you a fee of 3,6%!!!. Of course they didn’t “offered” any option and of course they charged the expensive “service fee”. Another example that the management of the hotel is concentrate in the small money and not on providing great experience. It is a pity.
In any case, knowing what the traps are, I will go back and take care of myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Huizhou Resort is located only 90 minutes from Shenzhen and 120 minutes from Hong Kong. Set in a lush green valley with 360-degree panoramic views, InterContinental Huizhou Resort offers 220 stylish guest rooms and villas, five restaurants and bars, a ballroom and seven meeting rooms, a Spa and scenic golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Huizhou Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Huizhou Hotel Huizhou