See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My boyfriend and I came for the hot spring and it did not fail us, it is tranquil and cosy. 5 hot spring pools situated at the top floor of the hotel, open air with gorgeous garden design. On the 2nd day when we came in the afternoon & were told the largest pool was being cleaned and will take until the next morning to refill, 2 smaller pools out of 4, which were already refilled, were as hot as 60-70 degrees Celsius, there was no warning signs anywhere to alert guests of the water temperature nor the progress of the refilling, the pool staff had to tell us verbally. Chinese restaurant is good, reasonably priced, breakfast also fresh. Staff very friendly although a little green. Room air-conditioning is a big fiasco, room temperature was 30 degrees C while outdoor is 23!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ICHuizhouMarCom, PR Officer at InterContinental Huizhou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Sylvia,

Thanks for your review and and your recent stay with us.

Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enable us to improving the quality of hotels to better meet the needs of our guests. We would like to take this oppotunity to apologize for any inconvenence our notice service may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best recource for improving guest service.

Thank you once again for your construtive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This place is quite out there, imagine it would be quite hard to reach if not by tour. In-house hotspring is good enough i think. Lots of recreation activities nearby the gym - snooker, pingpong, biking, karaoke etc...

Theres a big hotspring close by the hotel via golf karts, didnt go though as it was too cold.

The buffet was pretty good, wide selection, a very big section for Indian food-quite rare in Asia.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
ICHuizhouMarCom, PR Officer at InterContinental Huizhou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Carley,

Thank you. Most guests responded favorably regarding our Hot Spring Pool facility and recreation facilities. According to the authoritative report of Zhongshan Medical School of Zhongshan University, InterContinental Huizhou Resort is a rarely-seen top curing hot spring that contains radon and fluorine. The water contains a lot of trace elements and micro sulfureted hydrogen and is famous for its unique health preserving efficacy.

We were pleased to note that you appreciate the India cuisine of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

Your encouraging review will help us to be better, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near futhur.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our family of 7 went there on chinese NY 2014 with expectation. Becos we had a great exp. at Shezhen Intercon. Unfortunately, the rooms, hotel set up(get loss and spend 20mins to source your rm with wide spread & poor directory), horrible buffets,etc really spoil our mood. No air cond. disorganize with all 3 rooms spread out with kids, not enough food plus 2 stars food quality. Only good things are free gym, sports, etc. and the hot spring pools are nice.

Room Tip: No ideas when to go without air cone. in winter or summer? and not clean n well managed facilities overall with proper food served within the resort.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ICHuizhouMarCom, PR Officer at InterContinental Huizhou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay at InterContinental Huizhou Resort, your comment have been noted, and we are planning for improvements to hotel signage in the coming months. Also, you can use the emergency telephone to get the way to the room.

Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standard, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectation.

We would like to respond to you personally, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to reservation@ichuizhou.com ?

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

my wife and i spend 1 day vacation in Huizhou Intercontinental resort on Dec-31, 2013 to celebrate the new year, the room is good, hot spring is good. but i was not expected there is no air condition in such cold winter. i call the service center and they claim there is no warn AC if the room temperature is higher than 15C, i don't know what the real temperature is in the room, but both my wife and i feel really cold in the room, we didn't feel comfortable in the room, and my good feeling got serious discount. also, i have to change the swimming dress in my room, and walk 5 minutes outside to hot spring, even has towel coat, still feel cold since there is no AC in the hotel as well. good news is i did enjoy the hot spring.
we also have a buffet dinner in hotel, this is last day of 2013, i expect hotel can provide sth special, but unfortunately it didn't. we don't have too much choices of food. but the service is pretty good.
last thing i want to mention, it's a little bit dusty on the head of bed. i don't think it aligns 5 star resort quality.
overall, it's a great journey, my comments is a little bit cruel, but i am a fun of IHG, i do expect IHG can do better

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ICHuizhouMarCom, PR Officer at InterContinental Huizhou Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.

We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to the air condition. Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectations.

Once again, we thank you for your constructive feedback and look forward to your continuous support in the near future!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Although located quite far (4 hrs ride from HK), IC Huizhou is a solid resort set in a relaxing atmosphere and space. Work is being done in the major building and I'm guessing it will reach other buildings as they too require refurnishing.

I was quite worried before staying at this hotel because of the lack of photos on tripadvisor. I will upload a bunch of photos for the consideration of future undetermined guests.

The resort is quite big with 5/6 buildings stretched out from the main building. Private villas that surround the golf-course. Within the property are also some private housing for sale. They have club cars that take your around the property, for a tour or back to your villa. Unfortunately, the golf course & driving range was closed but the green looks nice. The huge outdoor pool was closed also, not like I would have used it anyway (was 10C). They also have an indoor pool, hot-spring pools, tennis court, table-tennis, snooker, gym, huge kids area and club lounge. I would say don't pay extra for the club access, visiting once was enough for me.

Be warned most guests staying at this hotel are traveling in tour groups, so expect group movement during meal times, check-out time etc. I think this is the reason why software lacks behind at this property. Most guests interact with their tour guides, instead of hotel staff. Never once did an employee interact with me walking pass the corridors, even when I greeted them. There are no queue set up at the front desk, people (especially tour guides, checking in their group of people) would bump in with questions and cut the line. I never saw a concierge staff stationed at the concierge and no loyalty members counter at all. I would advise checking in during off peak hours, if possible. I saw a much professional and gracious staff when the front desk is quiet.

I was amazed by the restaurant staff, they greeted me by name and remembered my beverage choices every time. With generous and courtesy staff, dining was the only time I felt like staying at an InterContinental. 2 out of the 3 restaurant were open when I was there, a Chinese cuisine and western buffet. Like other reviews said, choices are limited and breakfast is better than the dinner buffet.

I had to change rooms 3 times during the course of my 2 night stay. With reasons being hygiene, hardware malfunction etc. I would have been more upset but every time staff offered their deepest apology. I would say lower your expectations when you arrive, if you deem the room to be unsatisfactory, inform the staff (calmly) and remember the hotel is very willing to change your room.

Room Tip: Rooms can get reach quite far out, ask for room near lobby or hot-spring if necessary. Rooms with in-room hot springs are on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing InterContinental Huizhou Resort and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel facilities and service.

Our golf course is ready to be operated in these days. Otherwise, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comment about the meal time and check-out time service have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

We hope you give us a chance in the further to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!