All reviews swimming pool big balcony birthday cake great pool western standards beautiful resort guest rooms hotel area short stay many choices good size pleasant stay decent hotel chinese restaurant lake facilities english
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I’m guessing the positive reviews are mainly due to the “resort” like atmosphere because the hotel has a very large indoor pool and multiple buildings but what it has in appearance it lacks in everything else. I stayed a total of 2 non-consecutive nights and is very disappointed.
Cons:
-KTV in one of the buildings so if you are in a nearby building like I was (building E), you can hear people singing karaoke until 2:00am.
- Across from the hotel is a lotus pond so if you come in the summer months there are a lot of activities around the pond and yes, outdoor Karaoke is one of them. Both times I’ve stayed here I’ve had to endure 2 karaoke events going on at the same time. 100% of the time the singers are terrible.
- Not the cleanest guest rooms. The carpet had obvious stains and debris that could’ve been easily vacuumed. The light switches are sticky.
- Not deadbolt or chain on the door so if you need that extra sense of security from perhaps the drunk KTVers, you are out of luck.
- Worst of all, during my second stay on 6/16/18 I had yellow water from the faucets and shower (see photo). I called front desk and all they said was that I need to let the water run. I asked why was it yellow to begin with and they couldn’t answer me. Let the water ran for 5 mins, still yellow and still disgusting.

Pro:
-Bed is comfy
- very larger bathrooms

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear valuable guest。
Thank you for taking the time to post a Tripadvisor review of your resent stay in GoodView Hotel Tangxia Dongguan. I am of course more concerned to learn of your disappointments and would like to extend my sincere apologizing that your experience fell short of our standards. We are renowned for archiving. Please allow me to reassure you that I have personally addressed your feedback with the concerned department’s heads
Beside I would like you to explain with your permission that we do not have any room near the KTV and even we don’t have outdoor KTV. .and E area in any building I guess there is some inaccurate detail. I hope next time when you visit Dongguan we can clear the misconception.
Also I would like to inform you that we have already fixed the problem of water which was occurred during the pipeline fixing. But I still feel sorry for that. your Feedback is extremely vital in order for us to be able to identify service and product deficiencies that may otherwise not to be brought to our attention We take our guest feedback seriously
I do hope you will provide us with an opportunity to restore your confidence in Goodview Hotel and will visit us again, should an occasion arises in the future, please do contact us direct so that I can personally meet you and look after your requirements.
Best regards :
Assistant Manager
Goodview Hotel Tangxia

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel. Service was alright just that the staff are not so proactive as they should be for a five diamond category. Place was big and room was big and comfortable especially the bed. Breakfast selection was good with many choices.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

warm greetings from Goodview Hotel Tangxia . we appreciate for your valuable comments . we would consider of update of training to the staff for being active and Good service . please visit Assistant manager in the lobby if next there would have any advisable opinions .hope this matter doesn't effect your rest of the joyful time .
hope to see you soon in your next visit .

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have stayed many times at the Goodview hotel, but not for a few years. This time around I was put in a separate wing, rather than the main building, due apparently to renovations at the hotel. I must say that this stay was not nearly up to the par I expected from past visits. The room itself, although well equipped, had a poorly working shower drain, causing one to stand in a puddle after just a brief shower. The location in the remote wing is awkward, as it is a very brief ride from the main lobby, but about a 10 minute walk. So you wait for a golf cart and even if quick, the process is cumbersome. The wing has its own restaurant, but it is not up to the election or level, in my opinion, of the main restaurant. And indeed the service here was poor. The only source of coffee was one Jura espresso/coffee maker, which was clearly overmatched by the commercial application.
I don't have an alternative to offer, but I can say that Goodview is not what it used to be 5+ years ago.

Stayed: January 2018
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Greeting from Goodview Hotel,
We really appreciated your valuable comments which help us to improve our services and facilities. our room's locations has its own benefits: due to the , lake, swimming pools and gardens , we have relatively clean air and beautiful views our guests can enjoy walking around. We also have 24 hours service of electric cart for saving guests energy and time.
We always working on the quality of our services especially on the rooms and restaurant's menu assortment to provide better service during your next stay .your comment has forwarded to relevant departments for more improvement I hope next time when you visit us can find the variations. Please also feel free to contact us for any assistance or any suggestion you may have .thanks once again for valuable suggestive words
Thankful
Sukhpreet Singh

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Chinese hotel with grand entre big rooms and a lot of bling bling but overall it was very nice stayed on the Excecutive floor with a big balcony and a nice view over the water, Cj´Chinese restaurant in the Hotel was really good,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Guest ,
very warm greetings from the entire Goodview team .it is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay in the GoodView. Your positive comments on rooms , balcony and lakeview shall be passed to our team. also you were kind enough to mention our Chinese restaurant .Please feel free to contact us for any assistance! Looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Sukhpreet Singh
Goodview Hotel, Tangxia, Dongguan

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I had a smooth check in and got a room facing the lake. I was wowed by the lake view which was stunning and the serenity of the lake just looking at it.
The breakfast spread was great too. Fresh breads, good fruit selection, great service at the egg station and many food choices.
The king size bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spacious though the door to the toilet was unnecessary as it made the space to the toilet bowl seemed too tight. I wonder how can a fatter, bigger size person could use the toilet as the space was really tight.
Only complaint is that you have to eat in the hotel as the hotel is far from downtown and there is no eateries nearby.
Overall, I had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the lake. And be sure to specify non smoking floor if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AvidObserver
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear guest!
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers. It is such a pleasure to read a positive feedback on our lake view; after all, the hotel is named Goodview for a reason. We are either glad to know you enjoyed our buffet restaurant service and food. As for the size of your bathroom, it may differ a little from room to room; we hope it didn’t bring you much inconvenience. And the hotel location, due to the lake and gardens, better quality air and quietness is more suitable for a peace holiday far from city noises, so all the shops and restaurants are located a bit distant, but we have three restaurants and a bar to suit different guests’ preferences.
We would be honored to welcome you again in the future!
With much appreciation,