All reviews swimming pool big balcony birthday cake great pool western standards beautiful resort guest rooms hotel area short stay many choices good size pleasant stay decent hotel chinese restaurant lake facilities english
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is 5 stars, but Chinese stars. The building is impressive and they do have a lot to offer.
My company have a big project in the area and we will be at least 10 people for an average of 6 month.
We all decided to check out, due to lack of service.
A colleague arrived in the evening, just in time for dinner. We should meet 7.30 but at 8 he was still not there. The lock in his room was broken, so it took them 40 min to get him out. The manager apologized and gave him his card with promise of free food. So a bit late, he had a pizza with the rest of us. No free food, it was a language problem. They had offered him free fruit. We all got free fruit in the room at arrival, so basically they compensated him with a free apple.
The restaurant can be full in the evening. We got send away once and had to order room service and eat in our rooms. They could ask to wait 10 min, they could clear some of the tables that people had left already but no alternative was offered, but leaving the restaurant. The hotel is far from everything and a 30 min walk in the dark is not what you want at night.
Forget about taxi, the hotel cannot get one for you. I tried several times, but what they offer is a unlicensed car at 3 times higher price. On my way back to the airport, I had no other choice. I got a small car with a crazy driver,. overtaking inside with 30% higher speed, crossing 4 lanes of traffic and spending most of the ride playing with his phone. If that is the service I get from the 200 I had to pay MORE than a metered taxi, I would prefer the one with a sign on the roof or Uber.
The restaurant has a nice budget, but it's expensive. If I should live there for 6 month, I would not get the buffet every night, and the menu is kind of limited.
With great pool, the lake and many options, it's a great place for 4 days holiday, but for me, staying for work for a long time, I want more options. Just a small store where I could buy something would be nice, but that would require 45 min walk or a taxi ride. (Black marked overpriced one).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Flemming R
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Warm greetings from Goodview Hotel!
We are most thankful to you for staying with us recently and taking time in writing us a review. You were very kind to mention our facilities like landscapes, swimming pools and the impressive main building. However, please accept our sincere apologies as the overall experience didn’t meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your dining and taxi experiences have been shared with the hotel management and staff for immediate review and improvement, such situations should never be repeated. The taxi driver who drove you to the Shenzhen airport shall be particularly warned about driving safer on the roads. Just one thing to say here in case you were misinformed: outside cars are cheaper that hotel cars, we have no intension to overcharge our guests for car orders. Besides, we wish to apologize for the unpleasant case happened with the broken lock and any language misunderstanding afterwards. And finally, the hotel location is due to the lake and gardens, better quality air and quietness is more suitable for a peace holiday far from city noises, we are sorry that it might be inconvenient in some cases.
Please feel free to contact us directly by the email address you have on our manager's card: AM@goodviewhotel.com so we can make all the arrangements for your next stayings to make it beneficial as much as possible, the same time to compensate your last experience.
Look forward to welcoming you back to Goodview Hotel in the nearest future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I stayed here because one of my suppliers is nearby. Check in was a very slow, laborious process. Seems to be a common complaint based on other reviews. Long walk to rooms. Got to my room and the AC wouldn't blow, bed was like a giant pillow (not in a good way), smelled of mold and mildew and there were mosquitoes. I complained and they changed my room. Second room was MUCH better. Firm bed, blowing AC and no bugs. Still: The rooms are dark, old and a little dingy.
They could really use an update. Check out took an EXTREMELY long time and there wasn't even a line. I did have the breakfast buffet both nights and it was quite good.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Warm greetings from Goodview Hotel!
Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us and other travelers here! We are sorry to learn that your experience at Goodview Hotel Tangxia didn't meet your expectations completely. Your comment still could be helpful for our further improvement of the service weaknesses provided by our staff, we always working on their skills and abilities to serve our guests better. As you also mentioned, the guest rooms need to be updated, rest assured we are currently renovating the guest rooms as well. The same time, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed breakfast inn the Solmar restaurant, besides all-day buffets here is to introduce our Chinese and Japanese restaurants for your dinning during next trips.
Please do let us know when you plan to return to Goodview so that we can welcome you back and help with any arrangements.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I arrived after dark and my first impression was the size of the foyer, which was is just massive. It look like a lavish move set where everything was larger than large. I was on a business trip and the hotel had been arranged by the company I was visiting, so did not know what to expect. Needless to say, I was immediately impressed. The front staff were very efficient and I was checked-in and in my room within a few short minutes.

The room was all that I needed, with a few extras thrown in. The bed was massive (the size of two queen size mattresses pushed together).

The breakfast buffet should be able to please just about everyone, catering for Asian and European palettes.

My room was showing it's age a little with the usual wear and tear you'd expect from a ten year old room, but it was well cleaned each day and was always welcoming at the end of each day. The shower was fantastic with ample high pressure.

Like I have already mentioned, the hotel is huge, so don't be surprised if you do a bit of walking from your room to the other amenities. :)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MrChur
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear guest! Thank you very much for your generous review. We are thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are always committed to provide finest service and a warm environment where our guests feel at home. Rest assured your kind word about the efficient service of front desk staff shall be passed to our team. We hope you can come again to experience more of our facilities such as our 11,500 sqm outdoor swimming pool which is opening very soon for the summer season.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful time.
Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

For the area, this is probably the best there is and a 5-star rating, but if I am comparing it to other places I have been, it is an average place to stay. I only stayed for one night, so maybe staying longer I could find things that would make it better.

Why I say average, the room was a decent size, but it has a few years on it. Smoking is allowed, so the room was not a non-smoking room. That said, it did not smell too bad. The bathroom needs a little more attention when cleaning, I should not see black mold in the grout and caulking. The mattress was the hardest I ever slept on. The cot I use when camping is softer and more comfortable. Last, the gym opened at 7:00AM. Maybe that is normal practice in China, but not in the States.

The good... the staff was very pleasant and attentive. The breakfast buffet was very delicious and there were a lot of choices. The water pressure in the shower was insane, like a typhoon going off in their, if you like that kind of shower, which I do. The property itself was very well kept. If you need to be in Dong Guan I am not sure you can do much better.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Warm greetings from Goodview Hotel!
Thank you for staying with us recently and for leaving this comment. First of all, we should mention that we are sorry to learn that cleanness of our guest rooms didn't meet your expectations. Your note is well taken for our continuous training and improvement, thank you for letting us know. Second, we should inform you that we have different kinds of mattresses and pillows for your choice, while checking in you may always require a western (soft) bed room as well as non-smoking floor. Also, the hotel's gym can be opened with your room key any time you need, 7 am is the time when the staff gets to work. And finally, thank you very much for the nice comment on the restaurants service and a pleasant staff attitude you received during your stay! On the behalf of the Goodview team we promise to keep up with the spirit in the future.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon; please feel free to contact us directly anytime!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is not the first time I have stayed at this hotel, but definitely one of the better times. I was upgraded to a suite room that was poolside. Had a two story room with patio and steps directly into the pool. It is too bad it was January and cold. I can imagine how nice this would be in the hot summer. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, no problems. This hotel is so large that once you check-in, depending on where your room is, you may need to take a golf cart to another building. Beautiful grounds. Spa is very relaxing. Many selections of restaurants at the main building. Will come back when in town.

Room Tip: Lake view is nice, so is poolside
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear guest!
Thank you so much for the 5 star review and taking your precious time to share your experience with us. It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay in the GoodView. Your positive comments on cleanness and comfort of the guest rooms shall be passed to our team. Also, you were kind enough to mention our wide range of facilities such as swimming pool, SPA, restaurants, golf cart service, however we are convinced there are still plenty of others you have not tried: there is one more restaurant in the Poolside building, renting boats, fishing, shooting, free gym and indoor swimming pool with sauna and etc. We hope to welcome you soon, would be even better in summer season when you can enjoy the outdoor pool or any other time. Please, let us know if you need any assistance by contacting directly to our hotel, we are always happy to help!