“Chinese holiday - break from business ”
Review of Xichan Temple

Xichan Temple
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

With a week long business trip to Fuzhou during the Tomb sweeping celebration I had a free day to myself so I decided to visit Xichang. Temple and the associated park. The architecture of the buildings was well worth the visit. Additionally, the park is beautiful in this spring weather with new flower blossoms including the fruit tree blossoms that line the streets just outside the Temple grounds.
Because the Tomb Sweeping celebration was going during my visit, the park was very crowded. However, this was okay as I got to see hundreds of local people celebrating this holiday paying tribute to their ancestors in traditional Chinese methods.
This was well worth the visit and a welcomed break from the duties of this business trip.

All reviews
"park"
in 4 reviews
"china"

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Although parts are very ancient, most of structures are relatively new...less than 25 years. Gardens and lakes are beautiful. Well worth climbing the stairs to the sixth level of the large temple and to walk arount the balconies on the 3rd and 5th floors. Views of Fuzhou are terrific. We spent 3 hours here and enjoyed the calm.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We always visit this temple when we are in Fuzhou. I admit for my wife, her family and myself this temple is truely of different importance than for regular visitors.

But we can highly recommend the whole site to enjoy a couple of relaxing moments. If you wish you easily can spend a few hours there just absorbing the atmosphere, the tower and temple.

Maybe you wish not to visit on a public holiday to find yourself in a big crowd of locals visiting their deceased relatives.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Came here with my wife and son. All of of us were thoroughly enjoying the visit. Very peaceful which made you very relaxed.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Visited in the low season, when it was a little cold & rainy, and this place was empty. The emptiness contributed to its decor, however, and this became one of my favorite temple visits ever.

It was a pretty huge area - we could've spent another hour or two exploring everything.

There was a 20 yuan entry fee, but I'm guessing that was to help with temple maintenance.

Been to Xichan Temple? Share your experiences!