“Great location, close to Pub st, large rooms for a cheap price.”

Angkor Voyage Villa
Ranked #122 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. I had a large room with a fan, 2 double beds & a bathroom with hot water for $13 a night. Food was provided downstairs, but I always explored the streets looking for Cafes & restaurants. The Australian owners are very laid back & extremely welcoming. We booked a couple of tours through them & they were quite reasonably priced. Overall my stay was lovely!

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 15 February 2012

This place is magical! My son and I stayed here towards the end of an epic 7.5 month journey through SE Asia. We ended up staying 2 weeks with Bob, Claire, and their amazing crew...we were so comfortable, we didn't want to leave! Bob took us to visit a few schools they trust and support, and will happily arrange for you to volunteer if desired. Claire sips wine in the evenings under the entrance canopy, and it was common for guests to be sitting around chatting with her and other staff members. Bun is great story teller with a personal history that will surprise. Tohor is a gem. If you need a tour guide, he will not disappoint. Sochea is a bit more quiet, but also wonderful....with a smile that will melt your heart. The cook, her name escapes me at the moment (M?)....works so hard, she even returned to cook our meal one evening after the kitchen had already closed. Can you believe it? Rooms are spacious and spotless. The vibe is warm, loving, and you will always feel welcome and safe. Food is delicious and prepared fresh while you wait...even the bolognaise sauce is made from scratch, with meat that is chopped by hand to imitate our "ground beef/pork". We ate most of our meals at the guesthouse. Serving sizes were ridiculously large....my picky eater gained at least 5 pounds of flesh during our stay. Our favs - spagetti bolognaise, chicken alfredo, and real canadian poutine! The "big breakfast" was enough food for a family! Honestly, I can't say enough good things about this place. Even though we were on a tight budget, particularly after extended our journey by an extra 3mths...I was happy to be paying an extra few dollars to stay at Our Best Western - I wanted to support the amazing work Bob and Claire are doing to help the young people of Cambodia. Don't get me wrong, at $15/night....it's cheap...but it is on the higher end of cheap, for long term travelling duos. No need to consider other options....this is the place that will make your stay in Siem Reap complete!

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping through the sound of croaking frogs, ask for a room where this will be...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The whole team at OBW makes you feel at home. Very important for us travelers who have been on the road a long time. So helpful with anything you need, travel arrangements, etc.
Tasty meals. Lovely conversations. Super great Internet.

To be very clear about the rooms, the great and not so great.......Great: large rooms with desk, refrigerator, western bathroom, VERY QUIET. Not so great: hard beds, air-dried, dusty towels, no curtain on the shower, poor lighting. ALL of this is minor to the great rate you pay and the wonderful people you meet.

If you want to meet other travelers and just have a very calm and comfortable experience, stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had the pleasure of calling this wonderful guesthouse my home for a month. It was a very comfortable stay with anything you need only being an arms length away. Materially this guesthouse has everything, tv's in the rooms and in the communal area, room fridges, desks, bedside lights, tea and coffee, a great book swap, fast internet and good computers with skype. The kitchen was great and my days were fueled with the best eggs in the northern hemisphere!
However what makes this place stand out is the wonderful team of staff working here. Any question i had... And there were a lot, were all happily answered for me along with a smile. Day trips were organized for me and the drivers, hotel staff were fantastic. I felt really safe on the Motos and were taken to some very special places that were above and beyond what I had organized. The staff wanted me to really get to know the local area and culture. Bob and Claire took me to visit many schools and helped me establish a connection with schools I could teach out. This I cannot thank them enough for and I feel so privileged for making this relationship. The communal area is a great spot to meet people and catch up on what everyone has been doing. Honnestly I cannot reccommend this place enough and if what I wrote isn't enough I cried at the end leaving everybody. This is a great place for famies to stay, couples, groups, or single travelers like myself. No matter what your age and budget try and stop here to stay ... and hopefully volunteer or even just swing by for a great meal and drink and hear about the wonderful things the team there are up to!

Room Tip: it is in the centre of town!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We wandered down the road, having 'escaped' from the nightmare of The Bun Seda Guesthouse after one miserable night. There was Claire, a lovely Austrailian woman behind the desk. She said she would be happy to make room for us for a few nights, which was amazing considering it was right in the middle of their busiest week. She assured us that we were in good hands and we need only return with our bags and she would have our room ready. Claire, her husband Bob, Manager Bun, and superior staff (specially selected local students learning the hospitality trade) anticipate their guests' every need. The rooms are spotless, the beds and bedding comfortable, and ours came complete with hot water, mini fridge, cable, ac, high speed wifi, and bathtub! We requested a one day tour from Bun, and our guide and tuk-tuk driver were there the following morning waiting for us. Our tour guide, Chatnam, was amazing and the whole day was impossibly affordable for myself and my two children. We ate breakfast at the guesthouse and the food was great! They also offer fresh coffee in individual presses.,.aaah! Cold beverages are always available, including a nice wine selection, and with all the guests so content and well care for, a "happy vibe" permeates the place. There is a crocodile farm out in a walled area behind the guesthouse, that can be viewed from many windows. Regardless of one's opinion about farms that raise these slow moving giants for food and skin, to see so many, so close was really interesting. The location is super, and close to everything. We LOVED the Khmer Taste restaurant across the street and the Blue Seven Spa with the most affordable fish spa in the area ($1 for 30 minutes) and I tried their two hour full body traditional Khmer massage for only $10. and it was great! What more does one need? We love Our Best Western Guesthouse, and you will too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family