“This place was SUPERB !!!”

The Villa Siem Reap
Ranked #77 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Denver, Colorado
“This place was SUPERB !!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed at the Villa Siem Reap with my 18yo sona nd 15 yo daughter. we had a lovely time. The staff were always there and ready to bend over backwards (literally), helpful with any questions or facilitating whatever we needed. Our guide and driver were top par and flexible for our changing schedules. The quarters we stayed in were great ! yes a few mosquitoes but hey, we were in Cambodia. The quarters were always cleaned spotless for us daily, and on any day when we left late after maid service came through, they would folow in after our departure providing us with clean towells and fresh beds. I reccomend this place to anyone on any budget. That being said, the price is extremely resonable and the food was delicious too!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
SOKHOM, General Manager at The Villa Siem Reap, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear mhrudolph,

Thank you for providing us with your favorable feedback and I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay in our Villa. Your comment is definitely valuable as it allows us to improve on our products and services towards overall guests’ satisfaction.

We always strive to ensure every guest of The Villa Siem Reap be it on business or leisure leave the Hotel contented, and meet the guests every need.

The Villa Siem Reap & Team work,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Varazdin, Croatia
Reviewed 16 August 2012

All together, I think it's a good bargain, especially for someone like me who is not willing to engage in an extensive study of Angkor and planning prior to arrival, and, feels a bit uncomfortable at the sight of impoverished Cambodia scenery from the plane. I took a five-day package that I didnt previously book, maybe I was just lucky. The price of the room on the upper floor was $ 30, which to me,in the beginning, seemed a bit excessive considering that we were in Siem Reap. But, the plan included in the price was excellent and included a remote temples, driver, guide and some meals. Room on the first floor was a beautiful with a four-poster bed and fresh flowers in the same shade of violet as the walls of the villa, spread on it every morning. Guide was very knowledgable about everything from history to practicallities and even knew how to take your photos so they turn out well. Neither the driver I can not complain about, except that he sometimes wanted tofinish the program for the day around 2 a.m. and I wanted to see, despite fatigue every temple on the programme for the day. He looked a little grumpy but still we have done everything I wanted. Visit to the silk factories, silver shops and other stores that do not have to look for yourself is also a good thing .. a picnic with a view of Angkor in the sunset was beautiful, I regret only that I was too lazy to get up to see Angkor at sunrise which was also in the plan.. Really, really, a fantastic program and the best way to make the most of 5 days in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: fiest floor with a view of the main street, I hear the downstairs rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Dear Laliqueent,

I will be happy to share comments to the hotel team members and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back home again soon.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is my second stay at The Villa Siem Reap, and again, it was wonderful. The new management staff are attentive and did their best to anticipate our needs. They made suggestions for attractions and shopping as well. Our guide, Len, is such a great and knowledgeable man who knows the area and history. The chef is exceptional! I would go to the restaurant just for the food. The restaurant and food is very clean and the chef and staff are attentive the hand hygiene and safe food handling practices. We took a Cambodian Cooking Class at the hotel and had such fun and the food was so tasty. The location is near the markets and popular and safe eating establishments. The rooms are spacious and clean. Thanks to The Villa Siem Reap for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EeWest
Dear EeWest,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the end of July with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed our time here. The hotel is a five minute walk to pub street which was pretty cool. Plenty of places to eat and drink. There is a night market just off pub street which is definitely worth taking a walk through. We got the bus from phnom penh and the hotel sent a tuk tuk to pick us up at the bus station (free of charge), the driver had a cooler with drinks for us which was a nice touch. They employ a few tuk tuk drivers in the hotel so that's handy too. We had the same tuk tuk driver collect us from them bus, bring us to Angkor Wat and bring us to the airport and he was a really nice guy and very helpfully. Breakfast is lovely. The hotel was nice and clean with wifi, fridges and air con. The room was basic but nice and all you need. Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Great hotel if you want to be near pub street but not in the middle of it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnAoife
SOKHOM, General Manager at The Villa Siem Reap, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear JohnAoife,

The Villa & Team Work,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Kicking off with a great pickup from the airport with a cold beer & a tuk tuk ride to the hotel, I couldn't have asked for more from The Villa Siem Reap.

My room was clean, spacious and always nice and cool. The bathroom was large, always had hot water and clean.

The real highlight of this hotel is the Fantastic staff, starting from the minute I arrived I was treated as family, with fantastic service, always a smile & the question "how was your day/night/dinner/beer/etc". These guys will break their backs to make sure your having a great stay.

The reception guys were always helpful, well informed & keen. The ladies out in the restaurant were super friendly, fast with the food and drinks & happy to share a story or 2 over a meal, great for a solo traveller. The hotel will supply you with your own tuk tuk driver, which is fantastic as it saves you from the insanity of dealing with the ones out on the main street, such a pleasure not having to deal with that, my driver was always happy, keen & a genuine all round great guy.

I booked all my tours through the hotel, a mix of both private & group tours (although even the group tours ended up only being me or 1 other person), and was very happy with them all, great value all round.

I spoke with the owner one morning who said they were getting a pool soon, which would have been fantastic after a hard day climbing temples.

I'll definitely be heading back to The Villa Siem Reap, when I return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo