All reviews terrace room colonial style pool area nice pool location was perfect rooms are large massage cambodia swimmingpool
Reviewed 5 September 2007

Stayed at the Casa Angkor as part of a tour for 3 nights. The room was clean and comfortable with a bath and shower, aircon etc. The hotel was well located for getting around town on foot or by the motorcycle carriages. It was $2 anywhere around town to or from the hotel. We had an evening meal and a lunch at the hotel and they were pleasant and reasonably priced. Would go back there if we were to return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Lindos06
Reviewed 28 August 2007

While on the last leg of a month long tour of Viet Nam and Cambodia we arrived in Siem Reap for the final 5 days. The Casa Angkor seemed like heaven when we arrived. There was a glistening medium sized swimming pool! We raced to our room which was nicely air conditioned and comfortably decorated. We had cable TV with several English speaking channels, nice beds, desk and chair and clean well appointed bathroom. A coffee/tea maker was supplied , no refrigerator. Each room had an individual safe. As quickly as possible we were in the refreshing pool before checking out the rest of the hotel. There is an attended poolside snack and bar area with a happy hour special.
The dinning area on the first floor is an open veranda set with white table linens and has a choice of both Western and Cambodian meals. I can personally vouch for the pork chops and apple sauce and the beefburger and fries. The wine was good too. The wait staff has varying degrees of English skill but you can always get what you want. They are very eager to please. Dinner was about $6. The breakfast buffet was included with our tour. There were eggs or omelets to order, bacon, sausage, rolls, toast, butter ,jam, french toast, pancakes and syrup, veggies,rice and other Cambodian traditional fare. The coffee was good.
There is a business center where the internet is available. We did not use it but others on our tour did. There is a gift shop and a comfortqble seating area in the spacious lobby. I think I saw a work out room but walking the ruins means you don't have to work out. The front desk was most helpful when we discovered the need to change our return flight. They called the airline for us and directed us to the airline office.
Mr. David Yang the owner and president of Casa Angkor met me at breakfast the first morning to inquire about my stay. He is very "hands on" in the management of the hotel and is most anxious to see that every guest has a pleasant stay. Mr. Yang lived in the Fresno, California area for 15 years and knows what Americans want and he tries to see that it is delivered in Casa Angkor.
I do not know the room rate of the hotel as we were on a package tour. My guess is that the rates are moderate but the service and amenities are of greater value.
If you are planning a trip to see one of the new eight wonders of the world ( Angkor Wat) you can't go wrong with Casa Angkor Hotel. www.casaangkorhotel.com , Fax:(855-63)963 657 , Phone: (855-63)963 658

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank tripsterTampaFl
Reviewed 7 August 2007

After confirming my reservation and airport pickup multiple times, NO ONE showed up at the airport. I waited until my entire flight had departed and took a taxi there for $5. When I arrived to check in, I informed the front desk, and they apologized, saying they had sent someone, and reimbursed me.

I was given a glass of juice upon my arrival which was delicious, and I shrugged off the feeling at the airport of being the last kid picked up from school.

The hotel itself was quite dark, even though it was daytime, although past the lobby there is a small pool that gets a lot of sun, and is always crowded. I arrived at my double room, greeted by a large, dying cockroach waving it's little legs directly outside my door. I mean, I'm glad someone in housekeeping had sprayed it, but maybe they could've also swept it away?

Anyway, the double room I was shown to got little sun, and had a lovely view of a wall out the window. The room itself was quite nice, albeit generic. Lots of space, great bathroom, big closets.

Location wise, Casa Angkor is a bit far from the action, but you can walk to the Old Market area in about 20 minutes.

My main problem with this hotel was it's service. After arranging very carefully with the front desk for a driver, we discussed where I wanted to go, and I asked how much it would cost. He told me the price per day (we had planned for 3 days). I then mentioned I wanted to go to Angkor Wat at sunrise, and he said that was an extra $10, and I agreed.

However, at the end of the day they tried to raise the prices another $10. (I was already paying more than most people I spoke to. ) Before the driver even looked at the amount of money I gave him, he protested, and said maybe we'd better talk to the man at the front desk. It was obviously a very practiced scam, as the driver was also a former employee of the hotel (he had told me this). The two of them were clearly in cahoots and the front desk manager tried to tell me it was extra because we had driven farther that day, even though the driver had earlier told me the cost was the same regardless of whether I used his services for a whole or half day.

At any rate, I checked out 2 days early, but was still charged a half day fee extra (written in pen onto the bill by the same man at the front desk).

I moved on to the new Viroth's Hotel, which was heaven, and I highly recommend!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank cabbage27
Reviewed 24 July 2007

I stayed for almost 2 weeks as a combination pleasure/business trip. For the cost of a room, with a nice breakfast, this is a great value. Rooms are clean, the tap water is safe to drink (not that bottled water costs much there), and the breakfast is very nice.

The previous complaints about intermittent hot water are true, and the wireless internet tended to go out for days (there are numerous local places to get on the internet for a dollar or less an hour, so no big loss).

This hotel is much closer to the city restaurants than many other hotels, and nothing in the city is more than a 5-10 minute walk away. Tuk-tuks are lined up outside the hotel to go anywhere in the region for at most a few dollars, no need to pay more to arrange anything via the hotel itself.

A great convenience store is around the corner, very cheap, with a surprisingly varied amount of food and necessities, including fresh-baked breads from a local bakery.

Still, it has no great luxury comapared to other hotels, but for the price it is well worth it and has everything needed for a relaxing and convenient visit to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank jcn2045
Reviewed 3 June 2007

For the very affordable price, Casa Angkor is a great find in Siem Reap. Comfortable rooms with a nice colonial ambience at the lobby and breakfast areas. We've stayed there twice already and would definitely return. The hotel's drivers were also very friendly and reasonable at US$25 per day. Only setback is the water system - the hot water is rarely hot. Hotel is within walking distance to the center market. The old market and pub street are a little further out, but tuk-tuks will take you almost anywhere for just US$1 or so. This is much better located than the big hotels along the airport road or those on the road to Angkor Wat.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family