I booked this resort for a company off-site location (5 people total) blindly. Having never been to Cambodia, I was clueless, however NOT dissapointed! Everyone from the drivers to the waiters and everywhere in between were spectacular! We rented a meeting room for a day of meetings and those folks were just as pleasant as everyone else working at the resort. Top notch service!!
The rooms were beautiful and spacious, very clean and well maintained. The bowl of fresh fruit and flowers was a nice little touch. Loved the shower area :)
The breakfast buffet was good....typical for a hotel/resort, but good. Freshly made egg dishes, waffles, pancakes etc. Fresh cut up fruit each morning which was well liked and eaten.
Dinner was great; I only suggest when ordering lamb that you ask for it medium or well. Being a Westerner, we like our lamb pink, not red. This has nothing to do with the quality or presentation of the food, just a personal issue. When ordered the second time, I asked for medium and it was PERFECT!
Our Team really enjoyed the swim up bar and found ourselves there each night after our adventures and activities. They have a food menu, you just have to ask for it. We snacked on Pizza's :) The pool was very tidy, clean and refreshing.
Activities....while I gave the resort serveral attempts to make recomendations, the information was always incomplete. How many times do you suspect they are asked "what is the best restaurant in town for traditional food?" and yet they still did not have a recomendation? No biggie, I did my own research..the resort is not there afterall to be your travel planner! We did the following:
Service Project by helping to build the walls for a school in a village where children and adults. The walls were made from plastic bottles!! We did this project with this orgranization: http://www.beyonduniqueescapes.com/ Beyond is organized by LOVELY people.
We LOVED their organization and plans SO much that we ended up booking the 2nd day (Angkor Wat Tour) with them too!
And the 3rd day, you got it, we had a private sunset cruise!
While the prices were great, the EXPERIENCE will leave you with more than you can imagine! Lim was our guide, he was AMAZING. I recommend Lim, however, everyone at Beyond was wonderful to be around. *Lim speaks PERFECT English incase you are looking for an English speaking guide. A walking book of knowledge, great tone and just overall wonderful to be around. We spent 8-12hours a day with Lim during our entire trip to Siem Reap!
I hope you choose to stay at this resort and wish you safe travels! You will not be disappointed!
Dont forget to call Beyond for your adventures, I promise, just like the resort, you will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of ultimate luxury and bask in the splendor of elegance at Angkor Palace Resort & Spa, the perfect base to explore the legendary Angkor Temples and undiscovered treasures in Cambodia. The only international 5-star resort designed and built by a Cambodian architect, its décor and furnishing reflect the finest in Cambodian architecture, befitting royalty and dignitaries. Nestled invitingly within a spacious 11-hectare estate, the lush resort offers you the serenity of a secluded retreat whilst ensuring you are provided with every possible convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Fastbooking, lastminute.com.au, Otel, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Angkor Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace, Resort And Spa
- Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace Hotel Siem Reap
- Angkor Palace Hotel
- Angkor Palace Resort