Very nice hotel situated in a great little town. We arrived early in the morning and were met at the airport by the hotel. It is about a 15 minute ride to the hotel and upon arrival we were immediately greeted by the hotel staff. Even though it was only 08:30 in the morning the staff did everything they could to get us in our room early and after a nice breakfast we were in our room by 10:00.The room was very spacious with a king size bed, sitting area, flat screen with lots of channels, balcony, and large bathroom. There was a huge claw foot bathtub that was filled and topped with lotus petals!
The breakfast buffet was very good and I can't imagine that even picky eaters couldn't find something to eat. Made to order eggs, made to order crepes, salads, breads/muffins, Asian cuisine, you name it they have it. We did not have any other meals at the hotel but the menu looked very good. Very reasonable drink and mini bar prices.
The hotel arranged for our tour the day of our arrival. We had a car and tour guide and it was well worth it. The guide was great at gauging us and how much "knowledge" to impart and he knew of all the great spots to get amazing photos. It was very hot while we were there so it was very nice to be greeted by the driver with a cold water and washcloth. On our first day of touring we did the main Angkor complex and common temples. On our second day we went out to Bantey Srey and Beng Melea which is outside of the city of Siem Reap. You have to pay more money but it is definitely worth it. Beng Mealea is a temple that has only recently been opened. It has the jungle 'lost temple' feel and has amazing trees growing throughout the ruins. There are very few visitors which is also great and you really feel as if you are the only people around.
The hotel is very close to Old Market area and the hotel will call a Tuk Tuk for you at the door. The Tuk Tuk's cost about $2 for the downtown/old market area and are a fun way to see the town.
Overall the hotel was great and the service was outstanding. I would return again in a heartbeat.
1. Beng Melea
2. Pre Rup
3. Angkor Wat
4. Ankor Thom
5. Banteay Srey
6. Old Market
1. Cold Margarita's at Viva's in old market. (The best after a hot day!)
2. Cambodian BBQ with snake, crocodile, squid, chicken, and beef.
3. Any type of massage.
4. Amok, Lok Lak, Tom Yum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by thousands of travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel in Siem Reap is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap