“The perfect place to stay in Siem Reap”
other travellers have booked this property
Front view of the main building.
Our Superior Homestay Family Room on the top floor of the main building. Superior Homestay Family Room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front view of the main building.
Our Superior Homestay Family Room on the top floor of the main building.
Superior Homestay Family Room.
Superior Homestay Room 2.
Access to the Superior Homestay bathroom.
Superior Homestay bathroom
Our Garden Cottage.
Garden Cottage, front view.
Bathroom for Garden
Cottage.
Side view of the main building.
Group photo with Indian  guests.
Anita, our 8-year-old. Photo courtesy Gus Vranken, one of our returning guests.
The grounds with our two youngest children and visiting guest playing. Photo courtesy Gus Vranken.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Dillon Ta...
“The perfect place to stay in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

The best part of this home was how quiet it was. It's completely surrounded by nature, and because of that it is very quiet and peaceful. Perfect for relaxation after long days at the temples. The home is perfectly situated between the city and the temples (each is a 10 minute or less tuk tuk ride away, or about 20 minutes if you choose to ride the bikes provided by the family). And the family is absolutely one of the friendliest group of people you'll meet while in Cambodia. I honestly don't think my stay in Siem Reap would have been as pleasurable had I not stayed here.

24 Apr 2017
Dillon was such an easy guest to please. He was out on his own in this part of the world for the first time and clearly unfamiliar with many things. But we got along really well, and I guess it was a perfect match for both parties. He got along really well with our children too. We were able to help him sort out his itinerary and give him a few useful tips. We are glad it all worked out!
harripl22
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful Home Stay”
Reviewed 21 February 2017 for a stay in November 2016

Lovely family home stay out of town in a quiet neighbourhood. Channa's food was delightful, very tasty and Cambodian. Thomas' home cooked bread rolls were a daily winner for breakfast with local fresh fruit.
I really appreciated Thomas' local knowledge when planning my 6 days of temple visits enabling me to avoid crowds and the heat of the afternoon.
I felt very safe with his recommended tuk tuk driver Mr Chin, who minded my bag at the temples and always had a cold bottle of water waiting when I emerged from each temple.

23 Feb 2017
Hi Dephine,
Thank you for this fine review. I know that you do not usually write reviews, which makes this one so much more special :-)
We enjoyed having you here as one of our more long term visitors, where we had the opportunity to get to know you better and share in your itinerary making. Happy travels onward from all of us here at Channa´s Angkor Homestay!
Romsroms
Hamilton, Canada
“A home away from home, with a twist!”
Reviewed 12 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

We, there were 4 of us, had an excellent experience staying with Channa, Thomas and the kids at their home in Siem Reap. Thomas had arranged for us to have the 2 bedrooms upstairs. The twist to this being a 'home away from home' was the atmosphere and culture that seeps through everywhere in Cambodia. We were treated to excellent breakfasts as well as two very good dinners, cooked and served up by our hosts. Very good company, and it was really nice chatting with Thomas and Channa - as well as the children.

Thomas arranged for our daily transport every day - so we had nothing to worry about when we visited the temple sites around Siem Reap (Angkor Wat and others) as well as a ride to take a boat trip out to the lake Tonle Sap. All very nice and a really interesting experience for all of us.

23 Feb 2017
Dear all,
Thank you for this kind review. We really enjoyed having you here, the "twist" for us being to receive our oldest guest to date - your mother (in law) - and learn about her history. We have had Indian families before, and for some reason this combination with our family works particularly well. It is always a pleasure to share these diversities in cultures :-) Please extend our warmest greetings and thanks to all the family members, both in Canada and Bangalore!
a u
“An outstanding location in which to stay if you visit Siem Reap, Cambodia!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Thomas and his entire family were excellent hosts. They catered to all my needs including my special food regimen. Their homestay is in an excellent location. It is near many temples including Angkor Wat. In addition, Thomas provided great advice on what to see and do while in Siem Reap. I really, really enjoyed my stay there and I highly recommend others consider using Thomas' homestay if they plan to stay in Siem Reap. Thank you very much, Thomas and family for the great time I had staying with you.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The entire experience of lodging in a homestay.
Liked least: Not applicable.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
5 Jun 2016
Hi Al.
Greetings from Denmark, where we are enjoying our annual vacation while the rain is pouring down in Cambodia!
We all remember your stay with us (the last of the season), and only the other day our children were talking fondly about you. Anita was recalling how you took her on one of your numerous temple visits. We had many good laughs together :-) Say hello to the missus, and all the best from here. We open up Channa´s Angkor Homestay for a new season in September!
M P
Chicago, Illinois
“Just like home - wish we could stay longer”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

It felt like home. We stayed at Channa's for 4 days. I wanted to stay the entire week but the house was completely booked.

The house is located in the Angkor Archeological Park only 5 minutes on a tuk-tuk ride to/from Angkor Wat. It couldn't have been anymore convenient than that.

Since the house is in the park, aka the jungle surrounding Angkor, it is noticeably cooler than other parts of Siem Reap, thus offered a reprieve from the oppressive tropical heat and humidity.

From my bed, I watched the sky slowly lighten dawn approached and listened to the roosters' crowing, dogs barking and howling, gecko crying, lizard crackling and not a sound of modern "civilization". Bliss. I would love to wake up like that everyday for the rest of my life.

Channa and Thomas were most welcoming. Thomas made the most delicious bread for breakfast every morning and Channa's dinner was delicious.

I was truly sorry we had to move elsewhere to complete our stay in Siem Reap. I will definitely book with Channa's again if I go back to Angkor.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses
Liked best: The proximity to Angkor and the peaceful & quiet setting
Liked least: Mosquitoes - but hey it's a tropical country.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
6 Jan 2016
Thank you so much, we loved having you here! We are indeed in the middle of nature and thus surrounded by natural sounds. It is great to know that people appreciate this. And even though we are secluded here, we always have tuk tuks available, ready to take our guests anywhere on a short notice. This is still the cool season and the nights are refreshingly cool, although not as cool as Chicago, I suppose :-) All the best!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing