1,051 results
All reviews vegan food digital detox dharma talks life changing ecstatic dance amazing week cambodian village coconut ice cream hidden temple daily yoga shiatsu massage present moment personal practice dance night bamboo hut the main house spiritual journey
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Can’t say enough good things about the retreats at Hariharalaya! The best way to start or end your travels abroad, but also worth a pilgrimage on its own, you won’t be disappointed doing a retreat here. The schedule was the perfect balance of group meditation/yoga and independent time, during which you can read in a hammock, take a nap, explore the surrounding area by foot, bike, or on a jog, eat amazing coconut ice cream, scale a rock wall, chat with new friends, listen in on a dharma talk, enjoy three different types of massage (all so affordable!), or take part in the various other activities scheduled during the week. But it’s completely up to you! I definitely expected something more regimented or more lax, and was so pleased with how the schedule honored both and how respectful everyone was of each of our different intentions. On that note, you don’t need to be a yogi master or meditation guru to feel comfortable, but if you’re less practiced, prepare to feel challenged and embrace it! You won’t feel left behind or confused, but if you have questions or issues, the staff couldn’t be more mindful or helpful. The best surprise for me was the ecstatic dance night. Just do it! Will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
hariharalaya, General Manager at Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Lena, Thank you so much for sharing part of your journey with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the balance of personal time and group classes, as well as the optional workshops and activities. It was a truly inspiring week and we would love to have you back anytime.
Love & Light from your Family in Cambodia!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is definitely one of the best things I’ve ever done in my life!
Joel, Caybin, Rachel and Brie are simply amazing and they walked us through this incredible journey: the discovery of our body and soul, the connection between them and the realisation that there is so much we still don’t know about ourselves.
These 6 days have been filled with so many emotions and happiness and compassion that my heart has been overwhelmed with joy!
Thank you again for everything!
I will put into practice what you taught me!
Namaste!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo

Gloria, Thank you so much for joining us for such a beautiful week full of happiness and connections! It's so inspiring to hear about your experience and we appreciate you sharing it with others. Keep Practicing!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is amazing for anyone from people who have never meditated or done yoga before to seasoned practicers. It's a very inclusive approach and anyone would learn a lot or enjoy it. It also offers many unique Cambodian experiences as it's located in a traditional Cambodian village and the owner has been living there 8 years. I love this place and would absolutely recommend it to anyone who's visiting SE Asia.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for sharing part of your journey with us. It was a truly inspiring week and we would love to have you back anytime.
Love & Light from your Family in Cambodia!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a fantastic week at Hariharalaya! I went alone, and spent a fabulous week getting to better know myself and the other 20 people in my retreat. The Hariharalya team and grounds create a peaceful, welcoming environment for all backgrounds, nationalities, ages and level of experience. The design of the retreat week offers time for community time, getting to know the Cambodian way of life, reflection and fun. The meditation and yoga teaching meets you right where you are. The grounds and rooms are clean and well maintained, and the food was incredible. Do yourself a favor and book a week at Hariharalaya!

Room tip: I stayed in a private bungalow and loved the quiet neighborhood feel.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing such kind words with others. We are so pleased to hear you felt welcomed and supported on this journey of diving deeper into the yoga and meditation practices, as well as getting to know others in both our small community and larger village community as well.
Keep the practice, OM!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the first yoga/meditation retreat I have been too, and I left wishing I could have stayed longer. From the yoga, to the meditation and dharma talks, my world expanded. Go with an open mind and the rewards will be immeasurable!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rebecca, an open mind is one of the most important gifts we can allow ourselves to share. Thank you for a beautiful week!
OM!