1,051 results
All reviews vegan food digital detox dharma talks life changing ecstatic dance amazing week cambodian village coconut ice cream hidden temple daily yoga shiatsu massage present moment personal practice dance night bamboo hut the main house spiritual journey
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a fantastic week at Hariharalaya! I went alone, and spent a fabulous week getting to better know myself and the other 20 people in my retreat. The Hariharalya team and grounds create a peaceful, welcoming environment for all backgrounds, nationalities, ages and level of experience. The design of the retreat week offers time for community time, getting to know the Cambodian way of life, reflection and fun. The meditation and yoga teaching meets you right where you are. The grounds and rooms are clean and well maintained, and the food was incredible. Do yourself a favor and book a week at Hariharalaya!

Room tip: I stayed in a private bungalow and loved the quiet neighborhood feel.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hariharalaya, General Manager at Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing such kind words with others. We are so pleased to hear you felt welcomed and supported on this journey of diving deeper into the yoga and meditation practices, as well as getting to know others in both our small community and larger village community as well.
Keep the practice, OM!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the first yoga/meditation retreat I have been too, and I left wishing I could have stayed longer. From the yoga, to the meditation and dharma talks, my world expanded. Go with an open mind and the rewards will be immeasurable!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rebecca, an open mind is one of the most important gifts we can allow ourselves to share. Thank you for a beautiful week!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1 month after returning from Hariharalaya, my heart is still full as I go about my life in Melbourne. Thank you Joel, Caybin, Amanda, Rachel, Ula and the Cambodian team for creating a safe and clean space in which to bring together yoga, meditation, creativity, nature and community.

My favourite bits? I loved that the retreat had been running for 9 years and all the kinks have been ironed out. Every activity and experience flowed beautifully from day to day and there was enough time to get together as a community during the mandatory yoga and meditation sessions, but also ample time to read, sleep, journal, paint, lie in a hammock and dream. I also loved the beautiful vegan meals (all the colours of the rainbow! And sloppy Joel and chocolate heaven were my favourites) as well as the sacred temple pilgrimage, massages, fire ceremony and silence on New Year’s Day.

I also need to mention the incredible community that came together during the December retreat. I have never been in the company of more diverse, well travelled or curious spirits. There was such openness to learn, love and grow and they made such a positive impact on my experience.

One of the highlights of 2018 for me and the most beautiful way to welcome a brand new possibility and love filled year. Thank you, team Hariharalaya!

Room tip: My room was a private room on top of the main dining room. Right next to the toilet. Got a bit noisy sometimes but very convenient
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for sharing part of your journey with us. It is wonderful to hear your heart is still shining brightly.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the time of relaxing, sharing, growing and that you had plenty of time to incorporate this into some of the organized activities as well.

We love sharing our passions for living and having open minded people like yourself coming into the space is why we love what we do.

Keep sharing the love and light.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really loved the whole week and all the things you are able to learn and do at Hariharalaya! It was an amazing week, it’s such a beautiful area to relax and be connected with nature, great vegan meals and for me as a beginner it was a great opportunity to learn about yoga, meditation, taking part at extra courses and find out how to deeply connect with yourself! The Hariharalaya family was more than kind, loveable and helpful!

Highly recommended - one of the Most amazing places to stay in cambodia!

Trip type: Travelled solo
hariharalaya, General Manager at Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It is wonderful to hear from you Theresa! Thank you so much for joining us and sharing a beautiful week together. OM!

Reviewed 18 January 2019

I've just returned from an incredible experience at Hariharalaya. This was a 6-day program which included yoga, meditation and many other experiences to bring us back to the present moment. I would highly recommend Hariharalaya to anyone who wants to slow down, learn and play! The program (including classes, practice, workshops, even an excursion) is excellent, with phenomenal leaders and instructors. The food is really tasty and satisfying (I am not vegetarian or vegan and was a bit nervous about this, but I found myself not missing anything while I was there. I've even sought out vegan food since leaving - I was that convinced!) The grounds are simply beautiful and fully integrated into nature. Be prepared to walk barefoot and feel like you're living in the jungle a bit! The facilities are all very clean (you do have to make your peace with bugs, geckos, frogs and the like, which is part of the experience). And the program is so cleverly designed - you have time to reflect and integrate alone, but end up connecting so organically as part of the community experiencing the retreat with you. It can be a bit loud at night with the natural surroundings and loud music from the nearby village, so headphones may be required, but that is truly my only minor complaint. It was wonderful and I hope to return again one day!

Room tip: I stayed in the dorm and found it very nice and spacious. It's for four people and has some partitions for privacy.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Kara, thank you for writing such kind words about your time here. We are so glad that you enjoyed the food to an extent that you even sought out vegan food once returning back to Siem Reap! Cooking and eating with consciousness is one of our biggest approaches here and we love being able to show guests like yourself that vegan food can be just as tasty!

We are currently in the middle of Wedding season and this brings an even more true level of the Cambodian culture. Thank you for being understanding about the village surroundings.

We look forward to your next return.