1,189 results
All reviews tuk tuk driver top floor rooftop restaurant angkor wat honeymoon suite salt water pool third floor egg station lovely hotel sitting area lovely pool after a long day room rate pub street tour guide rooms are spacious family room
Reviewed 3 November 2011

..enjoyed our family trip to Siem Reap... an excellent place to relax after our visit to Angkor Wat temples. The rooms are clean and all hotel personnel are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed with my husband and my two children at Siddharta boutique hotel for 4 days holiday. It was the second time that we stayed at Siddharta.

We had booked two rooms next door. The rooms were very spacious with all necessary amenities available. The rooms and common parts of the hotel are very well decorated with a lot of old pictures of Angkor Wat and Cambodia, statues, etc. The breakfast (included in the rooms’ price) was awesome with all types of eggs, home made jam, croissants, chocolates cakes, fruits, fresh mango and orange juice and home made yogurts. We also took all our dinners at the hotel which was very convenient with two children. The menu included both Cambodian and International dishes. The staff was really warm and well trained and helped us for the booking of tuk-tuk, taxis and the organization of all activities.

The hotel is located close to the center of town and we could very easily go to the central market, the museum (beautiful) and cafes & bars. On the third day we rented mountain bikes and did an exciting tour in the complex of Angkor Wat – 40 km in total – I strongly recommend this experience that allowed us to re-discover the temples while having a lot of fun. We also spent a few afternoons at the swimming pool of the hotel which is really large and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank valschmitt
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed three nights here while visiting Angkor Wat and Siem Reap. I originally tried to get a room at the Pavillon d’Orient, but they were fully booked. They referred me to the Siddharta Boutique Hotel, and I am very glad they did. The hotel is very nice, clean, quiet, and relaxing. The staff is extremely nice, helpful, and speaks good English. The front desk greets you upon check-in with cool towels and tea, and provides maps, local info, and sightseeing/tour guide options. The entire property seems fairly new, well maintained, and well appointed.

Since I was traveling with a group of three, they had the room set up perfectly with one regular bed and one king-sized bed. The room was spacious, the mattresses were comfortable, and the A/C worked well. They have a good selection of cable channels in English and other languages, and the room has a nice flat-screen TV. There was construction going on next door that was audible during the day, but it wasn't too bad (it was quiet at all times while we were sleeping) and certainly isn't the fault of the hotel .

Outside each room is nice sitting area that overlooks the pool area, which is is nicely landscaped. The pool is salt-water and was the perfect temperature. There are plenty of chairs and towels, and the staff is happy to bring drinks out to you. The upstairs restaurant is nice and the food is good. Daily breakfast was included, offering cooked-to-order omelets or fried rice (plus other standard continental breakfast items). The spa services were adequate for my needs and seem reasonably priced.

The hotel is located on a side-street off the main road between Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. I thought the location was ideal, being central to both places but far enough off the main street to be quiet. Having our driver made getting to Pub Street or other locations in town a quick and easy process.

Our rate included pick-up and drop-off service, plus a daily tuk tuk driver. Our tuk tuk driver was Mr. Sothea Yan, and I highly recommend him. He is very nice, polite, speaks good English (he is self-taught), was always ready to pick us up, and was quick to offer bottles of water and cool towels. He was extremely flexible with our needs, and was always where he should be, when should be. I don't know if the hotel directly employs any drivers, but Sothea represents the hotel very well and they should use him frequently for their guests.

Upon checking out, the manager personally greeted us and asked about our stay. The hotel seems to take customer satisfaction very seriously, and I'm sure if anyone ever has any issues or suggestions they will be more the willing to address them. In short, a great place to stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank flightlevel270
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed 3 nights on vacation at the honeymoon suite and the experience surpass my expectations. The location at a side street which made it the perfect location to come back to after a long day out but at the same time it was very fast and easy to get to the main sites - shopping, restaurants are only a few minute away. The building is surrounding an internal court with a swimming pool. Its an intimate feeling that helps you relax. The reception is welcoming and the staff so nice and ready to help. Professional, courteous and friendly service. Any request or any question was dealt with quickly. The room was large, decorated in good taste, clean and comfortable. The food was good and the spa wonderful. I highly recommend it if you're looking for an intimate smaller and unique place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed here when i first arrived in siem reap on a 2 weeks trip, I booked the honeymoon suite as i wanted to spoil myself just a little.
I had the use of a tuktuk with driver for the length of my stay and also received a Khmer massage for free.
I had booked a guide for only 1 day while in Cambodia and he kept asking me if i wanted "honey" another word for sex and took me up to beng mealea then he took me to an expensive restaurant for lunch, at least it was expensive compared to everywhere else in siem reap, i noticed alot of hired guides would take there clients here and it felt to me like a major tourist trap, i had later on found out by some local trustworthy people that i was right it was a tourist trap and that they do it to get some form of commission and they get a free meal according to what you buy, it left a bad taste in my mouth, afterwards we went to another temple and went into town to buy a phone as it was $3 per minute to call back to australia from the hotel.
Brought the phone then went back to the hotel paid the guide and kinda felt a bit ripped off by it but you learn quickly.
There was no hot water in the room just cold i didn't complain about it or mention it to anyone because of the humidity in siem reap so it wasn't to much of a problem however paying extra money for the honeymoon suite i would have thought it would have come with it.
The pool was beautiful but only open certain hours i think until 8 pm at night which if you have been out all day that would be the ideal time for a swim after dinner.
The food i had almost every night while staying there and found it good but several dishes tasted same same.
I was asked by the desk how my stay was and my tour guide??? I didn't know what to say to them as i felt embarrassed by his behavior and also didn't want to see him get fired as he was already married and had 3 kids and given that i was going to be there for another week and a half in siem reap i didnt want any sort of nastiness directed towards me.

The positives where the pool the room the food and the staff in general it had a nice tropical feel to the place.

Room Tip: Beautiful Honeymoon suite just ask for hot water if you want it
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank j_f_remedialmassage
vutha h, General Manager at Siddharta Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Client,

Thank for writing a review about your stay.

First of all, we are very sorry to hear that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us.
All the problems you have mentioned in your review should have been easily fixed if you had reported to the reception during your stay.

Concerning the guide you booked through us, we are very surprised to hear your complaint.
The accusation of sexual harassment is very strong and we are deeply concerned about it. You say that you did not want to tell receptionist when he asked you about the guide but then you write it on a website read by thousand of travelers and all professional. We can tell you that this guide, as you mentioned, a father of 3, is very affected by those accusations as well as his wife.
We have been working with him since many years and it is the very first time that we hear complaint about his behavior and services. This guide always have very good reviews from tourists as well as excellent review on travel forums such as tripadvisor. We can assure you that he never has reputation of someone looking after women, specially when on duty.
We think that what happen with you could be based on a cultural misunderstanding.

We have been involved in tourism industry in Angkor since more than 10 years now and we always fight against commission system. First, contrary to what you said, you did not go to Beng Mealea with the guide but to Beanteay Srey. 100% of restaurant in Angkor complex as well as those in front of Beanteay Srey are feeding guides and driver for free. What you call a “trap” is a custom in Angkor complex and will happen with all guides and driver. As you may understand, restaurants as well as souvenir shops in main tourists attractions and remote area such as Angkor and Beanteay Srey are more expensive than other located in town. And you are right to say that restaurants in Beanteay srey are more expensive than those located in Siem Reap, 35 km from there.

Contrary to what you write, we take this opportunity to advise the tripadvisor travellers that calling oversea (include to Oz) from our hotel does not cost 3 USD a minute but 0.70 cents. To show you that your guide is not a “after commission runner”, he found you a second hand phone with a SIM card for 10 USD only which is very cheap even in Cambodia...
We as boutique hotel, always teach tuk-tuk drivers and professional tour guides to help their clients instead of trying to cheat them. So did your guide.
To close this matter, we will continue to work with this guide but as we took you complaint very seriously we decide not to let him go with a single female traveler anymore.

Concerning the hot water in the shower, depending on occupancy it is right that sometimes customer may have to wait for a while for hot water to come. The building is brand new and this problem is getting fixed right now. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Pool does not have any gate that we can closed it at 8.00. We never ask people not to swim during the night. We just ask them to do it without noise when comes the night in order not to disturb guests who need to rest. Once again, if you did talk to the reception about this matter they could have tell you.

Best regards,