“Great service (love the tuk tuk)”

Siddharta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #62 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We wanted to stay at the pavillion D'Orient but they were fully booked and recommended the Siddhartha, their sister resort. I was originally unsure following a reading of the reviews but once we arrived I was glad we booked with them. The reception was lovely, the room spacious and the pool beautiful. The highlight though was Mr Phal, our personal tuk tuk driver, who's services were included in the room
rate and who was amazing. He drove us everywhere throughout our stay - two sunrise temple viewings and all day around Ankor. He took us in to town each night, was always on time and so helpful. On the last night my card was sucked up by an ATM (at a dodgy supermarket - only use the ones attached to banks!!). The next day he drove us all over town trying to recover it. No luck as the town was shut down for the water festival holiday but he tried so hard to help
us.
Minor gripes: the shower head is badly positioned and floods the bathroom and the breakfast was pretty ordinary. Also two mornings we were woken up at 4am by crazy music blaring from a sound system nearby but I guess the hotel can't help that.
I would recommend the hotel for it's good service and the tuk tuk service that makes your tour of Ankor Wat easy and personalized.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank CatMcHard
Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 3 November 2011

..enjoyed our family trip to Siem Reap... an excellent place to relax after our visit to Angkor Wat temples. The rooms are clean and all hotel personnel are friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed with my husband and my two children at Siddharta boutique hotel for 4 days holiday. It was the second time that we stayed at Siddharta.

We had booked two rooms next door. The rooms were very spacious with all necessary amenities available. The rooms and common parts of the hotel are very well decorated with a lot of old pictures of Angkor Wat and Cambodia, statues, etc. The breakfast (included in the rooms’ price) was awesome with all types of eggs, home made jam, croissants, chocolates cakes, fruits, fresh mango and orange juice and home made yogurts. We also took all our dinners at the hotel which was very convenient with two children. The menu included both Cambodian and International dishes. The staff was really warm and well trained and helped us for the booking of tuk-tuk, taxis and the organization of all activities.

The hotel is located close to the center of town and we could very easily go to the central market, the museum (beautiful) and cafes & bars. On the third day we rented mountain bikes and did an exciting tour in the complex of Angkor Wat – 40 km in total – I strongly recommend this experience that allowed us to re-discover the temples while having a lot of fun. We also spent a few afternoons at the swimming pool of the hotel which is really large and pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank valschmitt
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed three nights here while visiting Angkor Wat and Siem Reap. I originally tried to get a room at the Pavillon d’Orient, but they were fully booked. They referred me to the Siddharta Boutique Hotel, and I am very glad they did. The hotel is very nice, clean, quiet, and relaxing. The staff is extremely nice, helpful, and speaks good English. The front desk greets you upon check-in with cool towels and tea, and provides maps, local info, and sightseeing/tour guide options. The entire property seems fairly new, well maintained, and well appointed.

Since I was traveling with a group of three, they had the room set up perfectly with one regular bed and one king-sized bed. The room was spacious, the mattresses were comfortable, and the A/C worked well. They have a good selection of cable channels in English and other languages, and the room has a nice flat-screen TV. There was construction going on next door that was audible during the day, but it wasn't too bad (it was quiet at all times while we were sleeping) and certainly isn't the fault of the hotel .

Outside each room is nice sitting area that overlooks the pool area, which is is nicely landscaped. The pool is salt-water and was the perfect temperature. There are plenty of chairs and towels, and the staff is happy to bring drinks out to you. The upstairs restaurant is nice and the food is good. Daily breakfast was included, offering cooked-to-order omelets or fried rice (plus other standard continental breakfast items). The spa services were adequate for my needs and seem reasonably priced.

The hotel is located on a side-street off the main road between Siem Reap and Angkor Wat. I thought the location was ideal, being central to both places but far enough off the main street to be quiet. Having our driver made getting to Pub Street or other locations in town a quick and easy process.

Our rate included pick-up and drop-off service, plus a daily tuk tuk driver. Our tuk tuk driver was Mr. Sothea Yan, and I highly recommend him. He is very nice, polite, speaks good English (he is self-taught), was always ready to pick us up, and was quick to offer bottles of water and cool towels. He was extremely flexible with our needs, and was always where he should be, when should be. I don't know if the hotel directly employs any drivers, but Sothea represents the hotel very well and they should use him frequently for their guests.

Upon checking out, the manager personally greeted us and asked about our stay. The hotel seems to take customer satisfaction very seriously, and I'm sure if anyone ever has any issues or suggestions they will be more the willing to address them. In short, a great place to stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank flightlevel270
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed 3 nights on vacation at the honeymoon suite and the experience surpass my expectations. The location at a side street which made it the perfect location to come back to after a long day out but at the same time it was very fast and easy to get to the main sites - shopping, restaurants are only a few minute away. The building is surrounding an internal court with a swimming pool. Its an intimate feeling that helps you relax. The reception is welcoming and the staff so nice and ready to help. Professional, courteous and friendly service. Any request or any question was dealt with quickly. The room was large, decorated in good taste, clean and comfortable. The food was good and the spa wonderful. I highly recommend it if you're looking for an intimate smaller and unique place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo