“great location, good value and freindly staff. Book as fills up.”

Frangipani Villa Hotel, Siem Reap
Ranked #124 of 371 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Great location: it was only a small walk to the river, pub street etc (or 3 dollars for return trip to pub street by tuk tuk). it was not too close to the river so as to get mosquitos (one visitor to our pool had bites over all of her legs and she said she was staying on the river). It was quite. It had great restaurants near by (Korean BBQ opposite and very good, very cheap). Also a really great remedial massage place with a really really nice massager who i fell in love with. $5 per hour! The hotel itself also has a remedial massage parlour and it also was very good, very clean. They washed your feet in lime/flower water, then walked on your back etc, they got right into those knots in your legs (I got asked if I wanted soft, med or strong - I looked at the girl's arms and said strong thinking she did not look very strong, but I was wrong -and they use their elbows to get really deep on their deep tissue massages! It hurt at the time but felt good afterwards - very therapeutical. My sister thought they were not very relaxing so she did not get any more ). It was a bit more expensive than across the road ($18/hr -so really cheap still) and the girls whilst very attractive, were a bit too young (20 or so) for me to become obsessed over (and unlike across the road, they covered your eyes so you could not watch them whilst they worked. I preferred to watch them as I had no idea what/how they were going to do until they did it, although I can see how this could make some uncomfortable. I also liked their smiles).

Frangipani villa was great value. Breakfast was included (for 2 people) with the room. Got noodles and eggs cooked for you, fresh fruit, Danish pastries, some bacon/sausages/eggs/vegetables that varied each day. Can help yourself. Tended to eat late (after temples visit) and then skip lunch. Pool is small (13m) but clean. Chairs were full most days so I just swam a hour or so (150 or so laps) then left. Café had reasonably priced food (eg $7 for pork chops, veges, rice/chips, glass of wine) and was very clean. No bali belly issues from there! Staff smile often and so grateful for even small tips. Most speak good English.

Rooms comfortable (good beds, good A/Cond, clean, washing/folding/putting cloths in a bag costs $1 per pants, 50c per pair of socks so got them to make me up a clean set of clothes for traveling home for $2. The cleaning staff took my dirty (muddy river) clothes in the morning and bought them back again (put them on my bed) in the afternoon.
My sister/nephew went on a hotel organised tour to the waterfall and said it was good (and cheap). I am sure she will write a review on villa and tour as she is a "senior trip advisor reviewer" or something similar.

Book early: Our tour company stuffed up our booking and when we realised we tried to book 2 rooms for 1 day earlier than originally booked but were unable as they were full (we only gave 1 days notice). We could however extend our stay one more day (when flight dates home changed) as they still had a couple of rooms left but in general they were almost full each day we were there!

Only issue we had was that the lift broke down several times when we there there and we were on the top (3rd) floor. Not a problem if you are fit and able (get rid of some of the breakfast) but my mum twisted her knee during the trip so she was not very mobile and it did cause us some problems (she got meals delivered to room instead of going down or out, she stayed in room last day rather than going to markets for an hour prior to going to airport etc).

Every staff member at Frangipani Villa was very friendly. I never heard them talking badly about anybody behind their backs, they always smiled, they always offered to help in anyway they could, they were always well dressed and clean.

In general the people in Cambodia are the nicest I have met on any holiday. Everybody is helpful, happy, honest (the ones I met anyway). Women are super attractive (at least in the eyes of an old divorced man). ps. Be generous with the tips as the Cambodian's incomes are so low compared to Australia ( I was told $10/day is a good wage by a European girl that was working at one of the animal rescue centres we visited. Local rural people are getting only $2/day according to one guide we had and she said they have to save up to buy some meat for meals on special occasions as meat is $5/kg. They normally live on only fish, rice and herbs that they grow/catch/find).

Room Tip: Top floor was very good (until lift broke). They leave doors at both ends open so great air movement...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Paul Y

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at Frangipani many times. It's popular with volunteer groups , NGOs and couples. It's close to the Russian market. It's very well maintained and clean.

Highly recommended budget hotel. Always high on my list

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dabblanc
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We had a great time at this hotel and were so impressed with the front of house staff. They couldn't do enough for us and were so kind and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was extensive. Lovely pool area as well. It was in a quiet location but just a short tuk tuk ride to the centre of town and Pub Street. We could have walked it if we had wanted to.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor. It was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2017

I would rather call this quaint place a boutique guest house because you dont feel the informality of a hotel and yet this place is small & charming enough to enthrall all guests.The place is on the other side of the river thus away from the hustle & bustle.

Room Tip: Take a pool facing room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We had a very enjoyable 4 night stay at Frangipani Villa Hotel. The buffet breakfast was great, the rooms were very comfortable and the pool area is lovely after a hot day at the temples. The street is a bit chaotic, but walking into the hotel is like arriving at a little oasis. Overall good value for a modest boutique hotel.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple