“Satisfying”

Ranked #24 of 945 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: USD 2 - USD 17
Cuisines: Cambodian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I have just had dinner at this restaurant following its top spot on tripadvisor.The food was really good for a good price. A must try is the red snapper grilled in salt. Really worth the $8 that they charge you. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. In view that it's location is away form town and the pub street area, getting a tuk tuk back after dinner is a little difficult. But this family run eatery helps you call a tuk tuk, and in fact they were willing to give us a ride back, in their car since it was raining. It's a must try and I fully agree with ts ratings on tripadvisor.

1  Thank ssram

Reviewed 13 May 2012

This restaurant looks like a relaxed tiki bar. It is located in a wooded area, so it is very quiet and intimate. The prices are more expensive compared to other Cambodian restaurants, but still cheap compared to Western norms. Our party of seven ordered two or three dishes (each!), and the total bill came to 85 dollars. The Khmer Mojito is definitely worth trying. The filet of beef was so delicious: I ordered it medium, it had a seasoned crust and a beautiful pink center. The red snapper (which apparently is their signature dish) wasn't that remarkable to any member of our party. It was a bit on the salty side. Chicken with ginger, pork loins, tom yum soup: all excellent. I ordered noodles with vegetables, but I'm pretty sure that the noodles they used were instant, of the Nissin variety. That was the only disappointing dish.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I am not sure how many times we went there as we go quite often. We like the food there especially the fish and their pork rip. Yummy! The price is very reasonable and cheap if compare to others restaurant in town. All team, owner Sobey and Touich his wife & staffs are very very nice and attentive, always smile and happy to serve. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I went with a friend who was keen to go due to the high Tripadvisor ratings but I had no real expectations and went with an open mind.

Unfortunately, the food was poor to say the least and both of us were disappointed. I've been in Siem Reap for a few weeks and I think this meal is the worst I've had so far.

We ordered the red snapper and beef based on the restaurant's recommendation and user reviews. The red snapper had not been descaled which is tantamount to sacrilege. The salt crust didn't really add to the flavour of the fish which tasted bland, plus you couldn't really eat it with the fish due to the scales. It probably didn't help that the fish itself was not fresh...

The quality of the beef was acceptable but very chewy. My friend liked the kampot pepper marinade (but also found the "fillet" tough), but I thought it was nothing special.

Granted, the setup in a rustic hut is lovely, but it is let down by poor food and patchy service. I think we got much better service from the mosquitoes nibbling at our ankles, undeterred by the mosquito coils the staff placed under each table.

Sorry, Touich is definitely overhyped - there are many better restaurants in SR. Unfortunately, I usually only feel compelled to write reviews after a particularly negative experience!

N.B. There is often a wait for drop-off, so ask early!

2  Thank rumbler28
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The restaurant was in a rather dodgy looking area so we were kind of worried on the way there. But boy were we amazed by the food and service! The red snapper and steak are defintely a must-try at this restaurant! The staff were very attentive and we had a very enjoyable dinner. They should really come up with a dessert and coffee menu soon though!