“Our favourite place we stayed”

Siem Reap Rooms Guesthouse
Ranked #18 of 530 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We stayed 5 nights here and were very happy with our choice. Melissa and David are very hard working. As soon as you arrive Melissa will sit you down and go through a map of the local area with you. This map includes all their favourite restaurants, ATMs that have no fees and even pharmacies that speak English. She'll also give you advice on the local tourist attractions. If you only have a short amount of time, she can help you plan your itinerary and give you honest advice on what temples are the best to see and which ones you can skip.

Now that I've talked up Melissa and David, I'll actually mention the rooms. The rooms are fairly standard as with any guesthouse, and the staff are attentive and keep them clean. The place has been well renovated, so for the price this was one of the nicest places we stayed in. I will definitely be recommending this place to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed 6 nights at the Siem Reap Rooms Guesthouse, and I can only say it was an absolute perfect place to stay, and felt like being home.
I had the standard single room, consisting of two beds, air con and own bathroom, and were always clean. You could give any valueables to Melissa or Daid and they locked it in their own safe...free Wireless was also available. So I didn't need anything else, and was more than happy for the price I paid. I am pretty sure a lot of other places offer the same, but what makes this place so special are the owners, Melissa and David. They are so polite and friendly, and made sure I had a great time. I enjoyed the chats in the lounge area downstairs, and listening to their stories about living in Siem Reap. Their recommendations for places to eat, having massages etc were all spot on. Even when I met Melissa on the road, she still was happy to have a chat and provide some further tips. They were aslo very flexible when I decided to stay a night longer, as they were able to help by giving me another room.
So rooms and owners are pluses for the Guesthouse. Add the general service to the list as well. Free pick up from the bus station was nice, no worry for me to get to the right place. I kept the TukTuk driver then for the whole week, which was just great, becuase the driver was reliable, knowledgeable and just such a nice person. So you can trust Melissa and Dave to get good drivers for you.
Finally, the location was another plus for this Guesthouse. While not being on the main road (no noise) it was only 2 min away to the Old market and the new art market across the river, 5 min from the night market, pub street and the night food stalls, and then 10 min from the Central market. So everything is in walking distance, no need for a TukTuk. Also, a nice place to ea is acroos the road....but as they have no English Menus, ask for advise from Melissa & Dave.

Overall I would recommend the place, and if I ever return to Siem Reap I would definately stay there again!!!

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We were very impressed by Siem Reap Rooms Guesthouse. We booked the guesthouse a long time previous, knowing it was popular. When we arrived a day earlier than expected, Melissa and David arranged for us to stay at a comfortable accommodation across the street. We were greeted by their tuk tuk driver at the boat dock and given welcome cold drinks upon arrival. We were given a clearly oulined map with all of the the temple tours and restaurants, and other venues (pharmacies etc)on a map of the town of Siem Reap. The guesthouse was comfortable and quiet even though very close to the town centre. Melissa was available to answer any questions and David was available in the front lobby to chat if desired. We ate breakfast there each morning and it was delicious! The tuk tuk driver assigned to us was very informative and we took three separate tours with him. this guesthouse is great value for the cost of our double room($17) Bathrooms were spacious and rooms spotless! Service was great! We wished we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: All rooms appeared quiet as we were close to the front lobby and we could not hear any noise in the...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I fell in love with Melissa and Dave the guesthouse hosts. They are just superb to talk to. They care about their staff, Siem Reap, and the business. Rooms are spotless and simple, location is perfect, if you have any questions they have an answer. I was gonna go for 2-3 days and loved the whole atmosphere so much i stayed for 9. Siem Reap is wonderful if you take your time and enjoy what the locals have to offer.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

What can you say about this guesthouse other than it's perfect for the budget travellers requirements. The location is great for the centre of seam reap and the rooms are very clean and tidy but what makes this guesthouse special are the owners Melissa and Dave who are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. A definate 'book!' thanks again