“I am a yoga teacher, and a learned so much from taking this class”

Peacock Yoga studio
Ranked #33 of 137 Spas & Wellness in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Peacock Yoga Studio was launched by Prasad, a 28 years Indian instructor of yoga living in Siem Reap for the last 5 years. Prasad's ambition is to focus on more specific areas of yoga and guided meditation to reach beginners as well as more advanced practionners. ​
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Prasad at Peacock yoga is a fantastic instructor. The classes was 1.5 hours and was a Hatha yoga practice. It was an all-levels class; two of the women I attended class with had never tried yoga before.

I am a yoga instructor, and I took this class, because I love to take classes when I travel to other countries and it was close to my hotel, Dream Mango Villa.

This class was wonderful. I felt stretched and energized after the class. There was of poses for concentration. flexible, and strength. There are fans, so it does not get too sticky-hot in the room. I learned new creative postures that I can't wait to take into my classes in the future.

Prasad K, Owner at Peacock Yoga studio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hello IIchiesi,
Thank you for sparing your time out and sharing your opinion. Such a wonderful experience sharing coming from a Yoga teacher really mean a lot.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"beginners"
"cambodia"

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

If you are visiting Siem Reap, I highly recommend taking a class, or several, with Prasad at Peacock Yoga. I am a regular yoga practitioner and usually look for oppprtunities to practice with others while traveling. It’s always hit or miss, but this time was a big hit. I learned so much from my session with Prasad and would really love to study with him regularly if only I didn’t live miles away! He is knowledgeable and patient, and very generous in the amount of care and energy given to the student. Whether you’ve never taken a yoga class before or are a regular yogi, I think you will take a lot away from Prasad’s teaching.

Prasad K, Owner at Peacock Yoga studio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Peacock Yoga Studio. it is really nice to get such a compliment from a regular yoga Practitioner. :) Thanks again.

Regards

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Georg Feuerstein once wrote: "the sad-guru (true-teacher) is not far from the Ultimate Reality".
If you chose to take a class with Prasat, you will quickly discover that you are in the presents of
grace (Divine), prajna (wisdom) and karunna (compassion). Prasat teaches Asana, nevertheless,
you will leave class with a sense of the higher meaning of Yoga.

Prasad K, Owner at Peacock Yoga studio, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for such beautiful words. It really mean a lot when students feel the class so much.
I will always try to keep up with the expectations. :)

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I first met Prasad 6 years ago when I first came to Southeast Asia and what I can tell you is that he is a very special person.

I had major issues with my back, so bad that I was in the kind of pain that makes daily life less enjoyable.

I went to one of his yoga classes, and after we were finished I went to apologize to him as there were several movements that I simply didn't even try to do the pose (because if I did I was worried my back would get more injured).

He immediately became concerned and asked me about how I was feeling and asked me to meditate with him.

I thought to myself... hmmm... but my back hurts, what does that have to do with meditation.

Well, I won't go into too many details as it's a bit hard to describe. But after about 10 minutes of sitting calmly with Prasad my pain was greatly reduced. Prasad didn't say very much, didn't ask me for more money, and just seemed happy that I was feeling better.

Since that day I've been bringing other friends and travelers to do yoga or meditation with Prasad and everyone has given the same exact feedback.

He is humble, friendly, caring, and he exudes a calmness and happiness that is contagious.

If you are in Siem Reap don't miss out on the chance to experience something truly authentic and healing.

Prasad K, Owner at Peacock Yoga studio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for taking time out to put your views so beautifully into words .
Humbled and will try to match up with your expectations always.

Thank You!!!!