“Welcome In”

Ranked #35 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Welcome In”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed here for two nights recently. First of all the location is lovely, overlooking a tree-lined canal and a short walk into the busier parts of town. The staff are very welcoming, warm and efficient. I had a single room, the only slight whinge was that the mattress had a bit of a bow in it. However the room was spotless with a fridge and the killer DVD player with a library full of movies downstairs. Food in the restaurant is superb. Will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dsharmawinter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at rosy for 4 nights from the 5th - 9th and didn't want to leave. The rooms were clean and fully equipped. The free DVD rental was a plus. The food was excellent and I would recommend the pie, chips & gravy. The staff was also great from sorting trips to sorting the laundry. The tuk tuk driver was also really good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leighton s
Saskatoon
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at Rosy's in December and wished we could have stayed much longer. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. They care about the environment so at your request they do not change sheets and towels every day. I liked that! We most appreciated the fact that the ice and water used for cooking is all filtered and safe for consumption. One of the few places on our trip that I was able to have a drink with ice in it. The food was great! We ate almost all our meals at the guesthouse! We had a wonderful tuk-tuk driver who spent 2 1/2 days with us taking us to the various temples at Angkor Wat and other places around town. Don't know how to spell his name properly but this is how it sounded "Socar". Lovely open area to have drinks and relax on the 2nd floor. Owners are helpful and friendly! We will stay at Rosy's when we return to Siem Reap!

Room Tip: Apparently some of the rooms have a view of the river. That would be nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kcogle10
Rosy_Guesthouse, Owner at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us; We're very happy that you had a good time staying with us and especially that you liked our optional towel/sheet replenishment scheme. We love all of your feedback on the particular things about Rosy Guesthouse that you liked; it helps to reinforce what we are doing right; I'll pass on your comments about the food to our hard working kitchen staff!

Sokha is one of our long term tuk tuk drivers and I'll be sure to show him your review too. The drivers are always very pleased when they have feedback from their guests.

Enjoy the rest of your travels and we look forward to seeing you again when you're next in Siem Reap.

Kind Regards,

Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed in Rosy Guesthouse from 13 Dec to 16 Dec during my trip to Siem Reap. I was really impressed with the room and the staff were both friendly and helpful. The Internet connection was a bit spotty at the third floor but otherwise it was alright.

My driver was Niel and in contrast to the earlier reviewer, I was really very happy with him. As a female traveler on my first long trip alone, I was quite worried that I would end up with an unreliable driver. But Niel was humble and friendly; I felt as if I was traveling with an uncle or grandfather taking me around. His English isn't fluent, but I had no problem understanding what he said. In any case, you can always ask a staff of Rosy to help you translate.

Would definitely be staying in Rosy again if I go to Siem Reap!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank decantre
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I passed your comments on to our tuk tuk driver Neil and he was immensely proud to have such nice feedback; I'm glad that you had a nice experience with him, hopefully seeing sights which you would otherwise have missed out on. Thank you for taking the time to report back for Mr Neil.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels,

Kind Regards,

Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed 5 nights in October, and I loved everything about my time here. I had their cheapest fan room, but it was beautifully decorated and cleaned every day, with a comfortable bed and TV/DVD player too! Don't be fooled by the 80s decor on the ground floor--the lounge areas on the upper floors are lovely, the perfect place to relax in the evenings. Food was great at understandable prices for the area. I didn't use their drivers, but I did rent a bicycle for a dollar a day, which is the best way to get around anyway, in my view. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo