“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 498 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at rosy for 4 nights from the 5th - 9th and didn't want to leave. The rooms were clean and fully equipped. The free DVD rental was a plus. The food was excellent and I would recommend the pie, chips & gravy. The staff was also great from sorting trips to sorting the laundry. The tuk tuk driver was also really good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leighton s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at Rosy's in December and wished we could have stayed much longer. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. They care about the environment so at your request they do not change sheets and towels every day. I liked that! We most appreciated the fact that the ice and water used for cooking is all filtered and safe for consumption. One of the few places on our trip that I was able to have a drink with ice in it. The food was great! We ate almost all our meals at the guesthouse! We had a wonderful tuk-tuk driver who spent 2 1/2 days with us taking us to the various temples at Angkor Wat and other places around town. Don't know how to spell his name properly but this is how it sounded "Socar". Lovely open area to have drinks and relax on the 2nd floor. Owners are helpful and friendly! We will stay at Rosy's when we return to Siem Reap!

Room Tip: Apparently some of the rooms have a view of the river. That would be nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kcogle10
Rosy_Guesthouse, Owner at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, 8 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us; We're very happy that you had a good time staying with us and especially that you liked our optional towel/sheet replenishment scheme. We love all of your feedback on the particular things about Rosy Guesthouse that you liked; it helps to reinforce what we are doing right; I'll pass on your comments about the food to our hard working kitchen staff!

Sokha is one of our long term tuk tuk drivers and I'll be sure to show him your review too. The drivers are always very pleased when they have feedback from their guests.

Enjoy the rest of your travels and we look forward to seeing you again when you're next in Siem Reap.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed in Rosy Guesthouse from 13 Dec to 16 Dec during my trip to Siem Reap. I was really impressed with the room and the staff were both friendly and helpful. The Internet connection was a bit spotty at the third floor but otherwise it was alright.

My driver was Niel and in contrast to the earlier reviewer, I was really very happy with him. As a female traveler on my first long trip alone, I was quite worried that I would end up with an unreliable driver. But Niel was humble and friendly; I felt as if I was traveling with an uncle or grandfather taking me around. His English isn't fluent, but I had no problem understanding what he said. In any case, you can always ask a staff of Rosy to help you translate.

Would definitely be staying in Rosy again if I go to Siem Reap!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank decantre
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I passed your comments on to our tuk tuk driver Neil and he was immensely proud to have such nice feedback; I'm glad that you had a nice experience with him, hopefully seeing sights which you would otherwise have missed out on. Thank you for taking the time to report back for Mr Neil.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed 5 nights in October, and I loved everything about my time here. I had their cheapest fan room, but it was beautifully decorated and cleaned every day, with a comfortable bed and TV/DVD player too! Don't be fooled by the 80s decor on the ground floor--the lounge areas on the upper floors are lovely, the perfect place to relax in the evenings. Food was great at understandable prices for the area. I didn't use their drivers, but I did rent a bicycle for a dollar a day, which is the best way to get around anyway, in my view. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AutumnGA
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

My main gripe was with no water in my deluxe room when I wanted to shower. This happened on two successive evenings. On the second evening, I was asked by 'stand-in' help (the owners had left that day for PP) whether I understood that we were in a third world country. I found that offensive having extensively travelled in third world countries throughout the world for more than 30+ years. All credit though to the owner Rachel who, on the first evening, took the trouble to come to my room to apologise for the situation and offered a free drink and then on the second evening on hearing of my complaint whilst she was in PP offered a reduction in room rate. I fully accepted that the water supply problem stemed from the floods which had happened a few weeks before but they could have made the problem clearer on arrival.
I experienced one other (major) problem. On my arrival, I booked a flight from SR to Hanoi through the hotel. Money was paid and booking was confirmed through the agent the hotel used. Three days later, I spent the afternoon at the hotel waiting for my departure to the airport. Within about an hour of departure, one of the hotel's receptionists told me that there was a problem and there was no booking! The solution at that stage was another nights stay at guest house and then a bus trip back to PP the next day then to HCMC the following day and a flight from there to Hanoi. It cost me three days! I would suggest to the guest house use a new agent.
Apart from those two issues I would recommend the guest house. I also appreciated the personal effort by Rachel the owner - thank you!

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AdvisemeNZ
Rosy_Guesthouse, Owner at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I’m happy to hear you would recommend us to others.

We were unfortunately away for the majority of your stay with us, however I was kept informed of your problems via Sou Poan who I commend for trying to do everything to get you another flight booked as soon as we became aware of the problem. I have discussed with our travel agents and the issue was that your seat was one of the last ones booked on the airline system for a flight which was overbooked, thus your seat was bumped off. Unfortunately the flight the following day was already fully booked by the time we were made aware of this. I apologise for you having to change your plans at the last minute due to this, a full refund was given for the flight. The travel agents we use is one that I use for my personal visas and flights and in their defence we have never had any issue like this in the past with them. As we enter peak season I will instruct my staff to ensure all flights are booked as far in advance as possible so this does not happen again.

The water issue I’m afraid is beyond our control; the Siem Reap water supply is currently being turned off (city wide) almost daily for differing lengths of time while repairs and improvements are being made and has been since the September/October floods. We are not told in advance when this will happen, nor how long each cut will last (normally 1hr or so); fortunately our tanks have back up supply for the majority of the building so most rooms are not affected by this and our shared hot water shower bathrooms (which are fed from a larger tank and so still have a strong water supply after some rooms are affected) are available for our guests to use, if needed. I apologise for this inconvenience and sincerely hope that the Siem Reap Water Company will be finishing their work soon. I also apologise if you were offended by any member of the Rosy Guesthouse team. Cambodia’s water system certainly isn’t up to UK standards, however the work is essential to develop a more reliable system which can service a wider community.

Best wishes for your future travels we hope to see you again,