We stayed there 6 nights. Excellent value for money, comfy rooms, nice garden, good mattress, good Wifi, away from traffic, friendly staff, happy to help.
What was less ok :
- the food was not that good, breakfast was as bit thin in the mornings.
- The music they played in the bar was a bit odd. Sometimes a bit too loud, and you could not avoid it as there are loudspeakers everywhere. The staff was very nice to turn the music down each time we asked.
- One of the neighbouring guesthouses had a puppet show on every night from 7:30pm : Loud traditional music for 2 hours daily. We eventually changed rooms (our initial room was located at the back of the guesthouse) and could not hear it anymore after that.
- The Italian guy on duty every night (the owner ?) did not seem to give a sh... about his customers. A pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Babel Guesthouse is an intimate guesthouse surrounded by a tropical garden with an outside bar & restaurant area, serving a combination of local and western style dishes. We offer you beautifully designed, comfortable spacious and clean rooms. All the rooms are air-conditioned with cable TV and bathrooms with hot water showers and bathtubs in most of the rooms. Norwegian owned and managed, located in the charming Wat-Bo area of Siem Reap, only 15 minutes away from the majestic temples of Angkor Wat. The wonderful staff at Babel Guesthouse possess great local knowledge that we are more than happy to share with you to make your stay in Siem Reap memorable. Our local drivers and guides have worked for Babel Guesthouse for many years, and we can assure you they will be there for you, wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do during your stay at Babel. Babel Guesthouse is run with an active focus on Responsible Tourism. We constantly seek to provide benefits from the tourism industry to the local community in Siem Reap, and we are doing our best to cause as little damage as possible to the area in which we operate. We only hire local staff, drivers and guides. We sponsor all our staff and some of our Tuk Tuk drivers with higher education. They all receive plenty of training, good working conditions, fair salaries and flexible working hours to enable the staff to continue their education. We buy our food for the restaurant at the local market, and we support good projects in town that actively focus on Responsible Tourism. We at Babel Guesthouse are looking forward to give you memories for life! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Odigeo, HostelWorld, lastminute.com.au, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Babel Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Babel Siem Reap Guesthouse Hotel Siem Reap