“Excellent tour”

Siem Reap Temple Tour
Ranked #237 of 889 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Siem Reap Temple Tour by Youk -- Your Tour Guide to the Adventure of a Lifetime!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great time with our guide Youk. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, funny and accommodating. He easily adapted to different topics of discussion regarding history, culture, architecture, engineering and politics. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

My partner and I had the pleasure of Youk, tour guide and Nak, driver, take us around the temples of Siem Reap on the 13th and 14th of January. Youk and Nak are both lovely warm people and they both have a cheeky side too. We really enjoyed our two-day tour. Youk is very knowledgeable about the rich history of the temples and surrounding area and he also takes a really good photo. Youk and Nak knew all the tricks to avoid the crowds. Which meant we entered some temples feeling like it was just us there and we had prime position for sunrise (so worth the 4.30am alarm!). Thanks to Nak there was no shortage of cold water and cold towels each time we got back to the car. I would recommend that if you are going to Siem Reap that you do a temple tour with Youk and Nak. Thanks for an amazing two days, Bianca and Allan from NZ.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Siem Reap has a very rich history, culture and tradition. These are very prominent in their architecture, from Angkor Wat and Bayon Temple (small city tour), to Preah Khan to Pre Rup (big city tour) up to the temple of Banteay Srei and waterfalls at Kbal Spean.
Among these, Angkor Wat stands out as it is the most preserved and most majestic temple that I've ever seen. The bas reliefs covering almost every surface of the wall, the intricate carvings on the temples body as the sunlight touches it gave the structure a dramatic effect that created an overwhelming feeling. Don't forget to visit the temple at sunrise and sunset or you'll miss half of your siem reap tour!
Next to it is Bayon Temple, also part of small city tour. It is known for the cluster of smiling heads carved at the peak of the temple. If I only knew this beforehand I should've spent my time here longer than any other small temples I've visited earlier (Banteay Kdei and Ta Prohm). Not belittling these two, my visit was really short to visit all the temples Siem Reap has in store for me.
Other temples like the ones included in the big city tour (from Preah Khan to Neak Pean to Ta Som, East Mebon to Pre Rup) are worth visiting as well. These are different compared to Angkor Wat or Bayon Temple with wide floor area with big open spaces, as these are either small in floor area and height like Preah Khan or long floor area with mountain-like height as Pre Rup.
Banteay Srei and Kbal Spean are some of structures worth visiting although it is very very far where small and big city tours are located. Banteay Srei is like a park wherein a remnant of temple is placed at the center-leftmost, which was said to be dedicated to shiva. On the otherhand, if you are ready for trekking and swimming, Kbal Spean is the best place to visit. We started trekking at 1500m mark. At first we ignored it thinking it was just a simple mark but as we proceed, we saw markings at 1400m, 1300m, 1200m, and so on, realizing that it shows us the distance before we reach the peak of the waterfall. If I only knew that there was a waterfall at the tip of the mountain I could've bring my trunks and towel!
To sum it up, these wonders must be protected and preserved as they represent the city and the country's rich history and also the source of a healthy tourism.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Youk is a very nice and friendly person easy to have fun with. In a passionate way he is ambitious to impart his deep knowledge. If you want some exceptional photos, Youk is the right one to choose, we made more than one crazy photo. Overall a great day, highly recommendable.