Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I have never been to a place this run down and filthy. Gross puts it mildly. Stench, filth and decay. The chairs were so badly stained that I would not sit down without a towel over the chair. The tub had not been cleaned at all. Asked to be moved to another room and that was just as bad (It reaked). The third room was the last straw but there weren't any rooms anywhere else. I told my husband that I would rather sleep in our friends car (We were on motorcycles). The furniture in the lobby was very stained and everything needed to be wiped off because it was so dirty. I don't know how it has not been fined or condemned by the health department.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandy S

Reviewed 16 September 2015

THE WORST hotel on the PLANET!! I checked in this weekend to enjoy a nice weekend with friends. I pull up to the hotel and instantly got a bad feeling. I walked into the lobby and told the front desk clerk I didn't want to stay and wanted my money back. He refused. Not being able to afford to just lose $200 I decided to suck it up. I went back to the room and was laying on the end of the bed watching TV. The longer I laid there, the tighter my chest got and the harder it was to breathe. The TV had no remote and the buttons on the TV didn't work to change channels. There were holes in the ceiling that would drop stuff everytime the door opened and closed. I pulled back the bed to inspect for bugs (thank you Hotel Impossible) and there wasn't even a fitted sheet, just a flat sheet covering the mattress. I pulled back that sheet and there was more hair on the mattress than in my dog's kennel at home. I took the cases off the pillows and I don't even want to imagine what the stains were on the pillows. I have no idea what the smell was in the room that was making it so hard to breathe. My friend showed up and tried to help me argue with the front desk clerk about getting my money back. That just resulted in the police being called and more refusal to contact the manager to issue a refund. Even the cop that showed up looked at the desk clerk like he was the dumbest creature ever (which he was) and said there was nothing he could do. Best he could recommend was for me to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. I went back to the room to get my stuff and checked out. When the cop walked out of the hotel with us, he said he wouldn't let his family stay there either. I contacted the state health department to file a complaint as well. Hopefully this slum will be shut down and stop being an embarrassment to the Choice Hotel corporate name. I'm sure there were whorehouses on the back streets of downtown Atlantic City that were of better quality than that place.

Room Tip: Take your business elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Enid K
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Awful! Run away and never return. This place is disgusting. It was dirty moldy full of bugs we had to go to the store and buy bug spray for the spiders, Mosquitos , stick bugs and other creepy crawlers that were all over. The towels smell like pee. The pillows were moldy, sheets and comforters were dirty. I had to run to a store and buy blankets also the carpets are stinky and wet. The walls have mold stains. The breakfast was gross Everything was old and stale and the waffle iron burned the waffles on the outside and they were not fully cooked inside. I can't Believe it was 180$ a night. Not even worth 10$ a night horrible horrible and overpriced for an aweful bug infested nasty hotel. Stay away this is not worth Anything a night its worst than any cheap motel. My kids got bitten by bugs there and now I'm in the hospital with them because the bite got infected and their feet got swollen and red. They should reimburse my medical bills. That place should be demolished. I can't believe hotels.com would vouch for such a horrible place. The carpet was wet and moldy the towels smelled like pee the pillow cases had mild marks beds had bed bugs and room was infested with spiders , huge Mosquitos praying mantis among other creepy crawlers the AC was dirty and on top of the the free breakfast" was horrible stale food.
Staff was also rude. Stay away

Stayed: September 2015
2  Thank rubizelda
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Nice Place, clean, friendly Staff. Microwave and Refrigerator in room, free parking.
Only 10 minutes to Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Small pool, good breakfast, plenty of coffee.
Safe neighborhood located on Route 30 (White Horse Pike), conveniently located to WaWa, Denny's, and supermarket.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Remember, if you found this review helpful to check the "This was helpful" link at the bottom.

You get what you pay for... But if you are staying here you really should have spent the $5 more to stay somewhere else. This was the cheapest option in the 2.5 star range.

For 2 nights I stayed in building B which it the closest structure to the outdoor pool. Room opens in to the parking lot. When the door is open the wind blows in the trash that was outside. Also in the morning there is a gap in the bottom of the door where in the morning it's able to light the entire room.

The staff member at the desk was friendly and efficient at check in. I checked in around 6:30PM, normal check in time was 3:30PM and checkout was 12:00PM. Parking is free and there seemed to be plenty of spaces available. There were several hotels in the area to choose from as well. This was not a great choice and would not suggest staying at this location.

I understand that this property use to be an Econo lodge. I think the new owners of the property thought they could do the renovations themselves. There were several areas that it showed and it appears that renovations were completed about a year or more ago.

The carpeting in the room looked like it was replaced and professionally installed but the room itself needs help. The furniture was dated but functional but out of place. The AC unit had various settings and worked, but I think the curtains were 3 to 4 inches too long as they blocked the vents when the AC was operating so that it redirected the airflow to the window. My solution was to take a bath towel and roll it up and put it against the curtains so that the air would flow in to the room. I took a photo for an example. Although the air filter itself for the unit had not been cleaned in what I believe is a very long time.

The TV remote only worked fro about 3 ft from the TV (at the foot of the bed) if you were lying in bed you would have difficulty operating the TV. The room channel program guide was inaccurate and several channels were missing or not functional.

My room came with a mini-refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. Although I didn't do any microwaving I did put drinks in the fridge to chill and it worked fine. The fridge was initially in the off position and the temperature needed to be set.

There was no note pad available, and the welcome to the hotel notebook provided came with many errors. Apparently the hotel has an "Outdoor Heated Indoor Pool" (see Photo).

There was only 1 available electrical outlet to plug in to at the desk. Wifi was free but difficult and extremely slow. Basic e-mail without graphics is possible but I couldn't connect my iPhone to the WiFi. A userid and password are provided on your room key envelope when you check in.

The bed was comfortable and came with 5 pillows. I checked and didn't find any bed bugs but there were ants in the room.

The bathroom was in need of some serious fixes. It looked like they tried to install new shower curtain rods but failed the first time so they had to install a 2nd bloc of wood on each side as a foundation. The toilet in my room didn't seemed to be secured to the floor. There was also a mark on the floor indicating the the toilet had been replaced at some point as the outline of the previous toilet remained. Although the toilet that they replaced it with was refurbished.

The swimming pool looks like it was added fairly recently however it seemed to be quite popular with kids in the 5 - 10 year range which usually puts me off going in to the pool.

Breakfast is served from 6:30AM to 9:30AM in the lobby. I found it to be somewhere between questionable to dangerous. There were bagels or toast as well as a toaster and waffle maker available. But the issue i had was the AC fan unit which was blowing over the food and dripping (water) on to the bread & bagel holder. As the morning progressed water would continue to drip and then I imagine overflow on to the bread, bagels and pastries. I took a photo and avoided breakfast. Packaged oatmeal and yogurt was also available.

Hot items: the waffle maker, which takes 2:00 to make a waffle (remember to turn the waffle iron over or else it won't cook nor start the timer, oatmeal, bagels and toast. People just forget their waffle if the timer doesn't start and the only way for the timer to start is to turn the waffle iron over.

Cold items: Cereal, pastries, yogurt, butter and cream cheese are available in the fridge in the breakfast alcove

There is also standard lipton (Reg & Decaf) tea, as well as coffee *Reg & Decaf" available in addition to milk, orange and apple juice.

I highly suggest not going to the free breakfast here but instead the Denny's located on the same side of the road approximately .5 miles from the hotel. Follow 30 north away from Atlantic City. There is also a Shoprite supermarket further down 30 on the opposite side of the road towards Atlantic city but you'll need a car for that.

Lastly if you want to avoid the toll on the Atlantic City Expressway from the Garden State Parkway in either direction, just follow 30 all the way in and then take MLK boulevard which will lead you in to the middle of Atlantic City. There are traffic lights as you get closer but you do avoid the toll.

I would not suggest staying in this hotel. You're also SOL without a car here.

Remember to click on the "Was this review helpful" if you have made it to this point.

Room Tip: You made a poor choice selecting this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
9  Thank ChrisWish301
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
0.3 km away
1.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, NJ
0.2 km away
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District? Share your experiences!