All reviewshi expressatlantic cityfront deskpool and hot tubsausage pattiessitting areayogurtbed was very comfortablesmall fridgefree breakfastfitness centerbusiness tripnice sizeup to datecinnamon bunsthe breakfast arearooms were very clean
Reviewed 26 December 2017

We landed in this town late and checked trip advisor to find our hotel for the evening. This was a great choice. Clean spacious rooms, lovely layout of pool, gym, hallways. Nicely set up breakfast area. Service was excellent both in the morning check-out and in the evening check-in. Quiet and close to many options for food and drink.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IslandCowgirl1961
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Every time I go to Atlantic City I always stay at the Holiday Inn Express Absecon NJ. For me this is one of the best hotels down there. It is reasonably priced and very well run. The hotel is very clean the hot tub and pool are very clean and the people at the front desk are always friendly. The hotel rooms are all very well maintained they are very clean and well stocked. I had breakfast at the breakfast bar the food was very fresh and the girl that runs it is doing a great job she keep it a fully stocked. All I can say is you ever want to go down to Atlantic City and you really want a nice hotel I would definitely recommend this hotel. ( PS watch out for IHG reservations they like to transfer you to Holiday Inn vacations that is a timeshare scam .)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear ocasey,

Thank you for your 5 Star Review!

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and will be sure to share this with the Hotel Staff!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I believe weekend getaways are part of staying healthy. It’s something to look forward to, to plan, and then to go somewhere other than your couch at home. So I took my own advice and planned a weekend trip to Atlantic City. Of course, the planning and expectations of going there have changed dramatically over the years; less to do on the boardwalk (for one’s own safety at night) and more effort to find places that have insulated themselves from the declining attractions plaguing this city. Nonetheless, with careful planning, one can still go there for a weekend and have some adult fun and relaxation.

Part of the planning is obviously choosing a good place to stay. I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and agree with the other Tripadvisor reviewers that this place is very clean and a very good value for its proximity to Atlantic City (5 miles/10 minute drive). The rating deduction for this review centers on our arrival. The front desk person was terribly sick. I knew something was not right as I approached the registration desk and saw this employee wearing a winter hat and sweatshirt over his uniform shirt. Within the first minute of mutual greetings and salutations, this person stated they were ‘a bit under the weather.’ That is an understatement and I am not even a doctor. This employee appeared to be battling a full blown illness, perhaps even the flu. In the time my reservation was processed, there were coughs, scary sounding snorts, and then the sneezing fit that took place as I was provided my room keys. I do not consider myself a germaphobe, but this guy could have been in the movies ‘The Stand’ or ‘Outbreak.’ I drowned the room keys in hand sanitizer, hoping this would kill off whatever decided to incubate on those cards from his orifices.

Suffice to say, the hotel was just fine; very clean room, soft towels, comfortable bed. The room doors had a baffle on the bottom that did a nice job of keeping hallway noise at bay. A high-five mention to the complimentary breakfast served in the morning. The food stations were well managed, tables were cleaned moments after being vacated, and the overall impression was that this place was well managed (shout out to the breakfast team). Also worth mentioning was the fitness center – it was very good, all equipment was working, and the place was spotless. Their pool is also impressive. It has both a swimming pool and a hot tub, also spotless from what I could see. Collectively, those amenities out class other hotels I have stayed in.

The item that causes me concern is management allowing the employee, who was obviously very ill, to work the front desk. This person establishes the first impression when a guest arrives and although he apologized every time he coughed, snorted, or sneezed, let’s just say he apologized a lot. My advice to management would be to be proactive with something like this, send the person home or have them work in an area of the hotel that is not customer-facing. This person did not need to finish their shift; they needed to finish taking Nyquil and be sent home to get better. If I had an extra gallon of it in my car, I would have offered it up.

-Paperman

1  Thank e3paperman
Reviewed 14 November 2017

1st time here and stayed on 11-10-17. Normally stat @ Red Roof up the road but really impressed cause as you know AC and Adbescon hotels are CRAP!! Felt safe. All was clean. Front desk awesome. Large room and bathroom and beds were sooo comfy hubby wants to gte rid of ours for a new one HA! Quick red to AC to see Janet Jackson.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very nice, Very Clean and the breakfast was a very Good . The only downfall was the ice machine was on the 1st floor. The staff was very friendly and they have cookies in a lobby. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel need to upgrade on their TV's. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Louisville6402,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you found our hotel very clean and our breakfast very good. We are also glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,