All reviews clarion inn atlantic city front desk waffles indoor pool the general manager the breakfast area fresh fruit two queen beds casino hotel continental breakfast minute ride great price saturday night sandra ac cereal
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I was on vacation and decided to make an overnight reservation at the Clarion Hotel North Atlantic City on East White Horse Pike Absecon New Jersey. Before I even made here to check in I already knew we were going to have a problem. I was visiting family 30 mins away and hadnt made it to hotel by 6pm when i recieved a phone from a hotel employee claiming she was a general manager, found this odd. I too am a choice hotel Front Desk Manager and we never call guest to inquire about the status of the reservation, nevertheless I spoke to her explaining we were on our way. She proceeded to tell me since i was a employee I should let my reservation go cause she was sold out. I further explained i wouldn't be doing that since i came from Maryland and I would be without a place to stay. She hung up on me with an attitude. As my friend and were making our way to the hotel i couldn't shake the feeling she called us to say we were with out a room so i called back to inquire weather or not we were going to end up sleeping in my car. The same lady claiming to be general manager answered the phone. I explained to her why i was calling. She seem like she wasnt listening and she keep cutting me off and yelling at me over the phone for my name and to get to the point. She than put me on hold claiming she was helping another guest. After a brief hold she returned. Before I could repeat the nature of my call she cut me off and said" I called you and u said u were on your way now you are calling me to find out weather or not you have a room well of course you have room why wouldnt you?". She keep talking to me in a tone like i was so dumb and should of known better. I hung up because the lack of respect she was showing me. Within 5 mins of hanging up she called me right back. To which I didnt answer. My friend decided to call her to find out why shes was calling me once again. He asked her why was she calling us back and that we were simply trying to make sure we werent going to be sleeping in the street as most hotel dont call to tell u to give up your room cause u havent checked in right at check in time. The "general manager" proceeded to tell him that she was sold out and everyone keeps coming in the hotel want a room so she figure we could give up our room so she could sell it to someone else. He explained to her we were 15 mins away and would be checking in. Upon arrival we were met by thus "general manager" she was on the phone and wasnt paying any attention to us. She checked us in and sent us on our way. She placed us in a wheelchair accessable room so it was hard for us to shower. Since I am not only an employee but also a choice member we called down to the front to request a late check. We were told we had to call between 9 and 11 to request a late check. At 9 am my friend got up and walked to the front desk to ask for a late check out we were told " No we were not doing late check outs today". I am appalled and not happy Im a choice hotel manager myself and would not act this way to an guest employee or not. Im still a paying guest and should be treated with just as much respect as a non employee guest. I come to Atlantic City often i will not be staying at the hotel again. I feel this employee shouldn't be a general manager as she doesn't know the first thing about making a guest feel welcomed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank leticiawalton330
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is outdated. The room that we stayed in was supposed to be a family suite but it was more of an adjoining room with only 1 bathroom. I've stayed at this hotel several times because of its cleanliness but the manager is very overbearing and beyond rude during my recent stay. She treats guests as if theyre unwelcomed guests in her home instead of aporecuated paying customers. I made the reservation for my family and the room was booked in my name. But, she accosted my mother at breakfast. Making outrageous accusations that there were damages to the room and made empty threats to my mother. Ive witnessed her question guests about untidyness while fixing their breakdast. The last thing I feel I should be concerned about (while on vacation) is making sure the lobby breakfast area is neat.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Aishaahall
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The Clarion in Absecon, NJ is a clean, well kept hotel. Management is very friendly and accommodating. Room and public areas are refreshingly clean. Not far from Atlantic City. Continental breakfast serve daily.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I recently returned from a relaxing Vacation on the Jersey Shore, giving me and my girlfriend a break from Long Island. Luckily I stumbled upon reviews for the Clarion Inn Absecon and after staying there, we were not disappointed!
From the moment I spoke to Sandra at the front desk I was treated like a first class customer.
This is a woman who knows how to treat guests! A nice room coupled with a Wonderful Staff, supervised by someone who knows how to make you feel at home. I hope Clarion Corporate appreciates this employee.
My many thanks to all the staff (Sonia and Joel) and my Special Thanks to the Best Kept Secret on the Jersey Shore...Sandra!
If you come for a visit, tell them Al sent you! ;)

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Alfred C
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I will start with the positive. The room and hotel was clean. The beds were comfortable. The amenities are good. There is a refrigerator and microwave in every room. They offer a good selection of tv channels and free wifi. They have two computers available in the lobby. They provide free breakfast early in the morning, and complimentary coffee and tea all day. Their indoor pool is moderate sized and clean. They are conveniently located and they offer free parking.

Now for the negative. When we first arrived a young man by the name of Joelle checked us in. He seemed friendly. As he was checking us in, he asked if we were thinking of staying longer than two nights. This question struck me odd, since in all the years I have been staying at hotels, no one has ever inquired if I wanted to extend my stay. I told him I had thought about it, but I couldn't afford to stay another night at that price. I mentioned I saw a cheaper price on line and that if I could get that price, I would consider extending my stay for one night more. He waved his hand and said, I got you. I interpreted that to mean he would give me the third night at the price I quoted to him. But I was mistaken because when it came time to check out, it was the same price I had reserved the two nights for.

I complained to the General Manager of the hotel. She said she would have never agreed to it, and that I would have had to reserve the third night online to get that price, but there were no guarantees I would have gotten a room. When I initially started to speak to her and complain, I was very upset, because I knew Joelle had mislead me and implied I was getting the online rate for the third night. I have to wonder if this is a scam or something. Either way, I was deceived and this incident left a bad taste in my mouth. The General Manager called it a miscommunication, but it wasn't, and I was too upset to recount the details verbatim, until later on when I had finally calmed down, and
was able to remember. The General Manager apologized to me and said she would give us a discount on our next stay. As nice as that gesture was, it didn't solve the problem of being bamboozled by Joelle. What should have been done was to revert my credit card for the amount I was lead to believe Joelle was honoring. I dislike being "gamed" or "played" by anyone, much less a reputable establishment as the Choice Hotel brand.

Another turn-off was when we checked-in, we went to Room 216 and the refrigerator was broken, the furniture was worn, we had already unpacked, but we needed a working refrigerator. Joelle changed our room to 217 after getting the manager's approval, so we had to pack up all our stuff and move across the hall. The following morning, we were jolted awake my the motel's cleaning staff. I have never in my entire life come across employees so loud and making such a raucous at 9 or 10 in the morning. Here we were sound asleep and all you heard was yelling back and forth. Not only were they loud, they were noisy too, with everything they did. All you heard was music from a radio, slamming and banging doors and toilet seats. The last thing I had expected was to hear noise at a hotel I was going for rest and relaxation. I had to call down to the front desk and complain, which thankfully, they finally stopped their racket. What doesn't help is that the walls are too thin, so you can hear people in the hallway, or if the television is loud or if someone is snoring.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family