“Anniversary Weekend”

Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Visiting church family in the area for preaching assignment. First time using this particular Clarion. Staff and manager quite friendly. Room clean and fragrant. Did not use in-room coffee maker as we always bring our own Keurig small coffee maker. Convenient to have microwave and refrigerator for use. Continental breakfast available, but did not use it this time. Will definitely visit this Clarion again when in the area. Price was reasonable considering prices of other local hotels.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I was on vacation and decided to make an overnight reservation at the Clarion Hotel North Atlantic City on East White Horse Pike Absecon New Jersey. Before I even made here to check in I already knew we were going to have a problem. I was visiting family 30 mins away and hadnt made it to hotel by 6pm when i recieved a phone from a hotel employee claiming she was a general manager, found this odd. I too am a choice hotel Front Desk Manager and we never call guest to inquire about the status of the reservation, nevertheless I spoke to her explaining we were on our way. She proceeded to tell me since i was a employee I should let my reservation go cause she was sold out. I further explained i wouldn't be doing that since i came from Maryland and I would be without a place to stay. She hung up on me with an attitude. As my friend and were making our way to the hotel i couldn't shake the feeling she called us to say we were with out a room so i called back to inquire weather or not we were going to end up sleeping in my car. The same lady claiming to be general manager answered the phone. I explained to her why i was calling. She seem like she wasnt listening and she keep cutting me off and yelling at me over the phone for my name and to get to the point. She than put me on hold claiming she was helping another guest. After a brief hold she returned. Before I could repeat the nature of my call she cut me off and said" I called you and u said u were on your way now you are calling me to find out weather or not you have a room well of course you have room why wouldnt you?". She keep talking to me in a tone like i was so dumb and should of known better. I hung up because the lack of respect she was showing me. Within 5 mins of hanging up she called me right back. To which I didnt answer. My friend decided to call her to find out why shes was calling me once again. He asked her why was she calling us back and that we were simply trying to make sure we werent going to be sleeping in the street as most hotel dont call to tell u to give up your room cause u havent checked in right at check in time. The "general manager" proceeded to tell him that she was sold out and everyone keeps coming in the hotel want a room so she figure we could give up our room so she could sell it to someone else. He explained to her we were 15 mins away and would be checking in. Upon arrival we were met by thus "general manager" she was on the phone and wasnt paying any attention to us. She checked us in and sent us on our way. She placed us in a wheelchair accessable room so it was hard for us to shower. Since I am not only an employee but also a choice member we called down to the front to request a late check. We were told we had to call between 9 and 11 to request a late check. At 9 am my friend got up and walked to the front desk to ask for a late check out we were told " No we were not doing late check outs today". I am appalled and not happy Im a choice hotel manager myself and would not act this way to an guest employee or not. Im still a paying guest and should be treated with just as much respect as a non employee guest. I come to Atlantic City often i will not be staying at the hotel again. I feel this employee shouldn't be a general manager as she doesn't know the first thing about making a guest feel welcomed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank leticiawalton330
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is outdated. The room that we stayed in was supposed to be a family suite but it was more of an adjoining room with only 1 bathroom. I've stayed at this hotel several times because of its cleanliness but the manager is very overbearing and beyond rude during my recent stay. She treats guests as if theyre unwelcomed guests in her home instead of aporecuated paying customers. I made the reservation for my family and the room was booked in my name. But, she accosted my mother at breakfast. Making outrageous accusations that there were damages to the room and made empty threats to my mother. Ive witnessed her question guests about untidyness while fixing their breakdast. The last thing I feel I should be concerned about (while on vacation) is making sure the lobby breakfast area is neat.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Aishaahall
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The Clarion in Absecon, NJ is a clean, well kept hotel. Management is very friendly and accommodating. Room and public areas are refreshingly clean. Not far from Atlantic City. Continental breakfast serve daily.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I recently returned from a relaxing Vacation on the Jersey Shore, giving me and my girlfriend a break from Long Island. Luckily I stumbled upon reviews for the Clarion Inn Absecon and after staying there, we were not disappointed!
From the moment I spoke to Sandra at the front desk I was treated like a first class customer.
This is a woman who knows how to treat guests! A nice room coupled with a Wonderful Staff, supervised by someone who knows how to make you feel at home. I hope Clarion Corporate appreciates this employee.
My many thanks to all the staff (Sonia and Joel) and my Special Thanks to the Best Kept Secret on the Jersey Shore...Sandra!
If you come for a visit, tell them Al sent you! ;)

Stayed: August 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
0.3 km away
4.7 km away
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
0.9 km away
Hampton Inn Atlantic City/Absecon

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!