“Fancy food, eclectic beers, and basic wines”
Review of Nutmeg Brewhouse

Nutmeg Brewhouse
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Arden Hills
Price range: USD 10 - USD 17
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The interior of Nutmeg is not very big, so it's not a group or party destination. The bar seats about 5. There are a couple of booths and a few tall tables, as well as seating along the window. The service has been very good every time I've visited. The food menu is a bit fancy and eclectic with charcuterie, poutine and Thai meatball appetizers. Entrees include salads, one burger, fish n chips and mussels. I'm not sure if there's a children's menu (though they serve an "adult" grilled cheese, so they should be able to modify it for a child).

I've ordered the burger and it was amazing every time.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

These are the places you want to find! Local, good food and a decent variety of beer. The place is located in a strip mall so it's in an interesting location, you can spot the signage off Lexington Ave. The facility is fairly small and it can get congested.....
I was surprised to see a lot of young families with kids here? Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I enjoyed the atmosphere/design of Nutmeg more than eating there. Food was okay but not spectacular.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We had the poutine and two IPAs on the beer list and they were all good. The poutine was classic and was very good tasting. Our serving was a little heavy on the gravy but that was only a minor issue. The beers were very drinkable but not distinctive. The place is very nicely decorated but doesn't have the industrial feel I was looking for in a brewhouse. It doesn't have feel of a brewhouse that I would just hang out at for a couple beers and a chat with friends.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

On advice from a friend we tried Nutmeg for lunch. Regrettably,the place was almost empty. My burger and the reubens eaten by the rest of my party were excellent. We also received excellent service from a waiter who knew both his food and his beer. The beer choices are house brews augmented by a changing selection from other craft brewers. The menu goes well beyond sandwiches and salads and the kids menu looked good as well. I predict that the crowds will come, so get there while it is still a quiet place for lunch of after work.