“A gem in an unassuming store front”

Swedish Crown Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Anoka
Description: Bakery/cafe, Using only natural and organic ingredients, cane sugar, real butter. No artificial coloring or flavorings. We use natural plant-based colorings if needed.
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I don't usually give 5 out of 5 stars simply because I believe there's always room for improvement. The Swedish Crown Bakery comes close to that perfect score. In the northern suburb of Anoka of the Twin Cities, you would never have guessed that some of the best dessert offerings is hiding in a nondescript strip mall. There's not much of any decorations to speak of, just perfect baked goods made with high quality organic ingredients without artificial coloring or chemicals, displayed in simple glass cases. I have had their lavender shortbread cookie previously. The frangrance of the cookie will transport you to southern France during lavender season. Today, I made a special trip out of my own 'hood just to try some other offerings and they didn't disappoint. The Semla is fresh whipped cream sandwiched in a cardamon bun. The Budapest is a roll cake with hazelnut cream and just a hint of fruit jellies. The Beesting is a Swedish Beesting with the lightest and freshest Bavarian Cream sandwiched between 2 Florentine cookies. The Grand Marnier coffee cake is a flourless chocolate cake with Grand Marnier and a hint of coffee. Each bite of their baked goods contains a surprise of perfect array of palette sensation. If you're a fan of the Great British Bake Show, you'll understand me when I say I kept thinking how Mary and Paul would have praised every single item offered here. The only downside for me - it's so far from my 'hood....(sigh)....

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

What a great bakery. First lots of great fresh pastries. Most prices at 2.99 and was but 2 get 1 free. The young man working the counter was so helpful since we had no idea what we were ordering. We tried 3 different items. A few are made with Cardamom so make sure you like that flavor. My favorite was the lemon! They serve sandwiches and soup (We were told the flavors change and are listed on Facebook) great stop with wonderful service. Kid friendly with a few tables inside to sit.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

This cozy little place has more than bakery and sweets that will knock your socks off. It is a great place to stop for a quick, wholesome and delicious lunch. I had lentil soup and a salami and brie panini sandwich. I wouldn't have changed a thing. I brought my husband with me the second time so we could give the bakery a try, specifically the Budapest roll and the flourless chocolate fudge cake. We're happy.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Nowhere else to get classic Swedish semla, during Lent or anytime! The best baked goods, for fika or any occasion...

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

If you want beautifully crafted and desserts that are to die for, pay a visit to the Swedish Crown Bakery. The outside may not be elegant but their baked goods are amazing!

Been to Swedish Crown Bakery? Share your experiences!