Best Western Alexandria Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Skyline Motel(Alexandria)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernsquick stoppancake machinefront deskconvenient locationcomfortable bedscross countrybiscuits and gravyhot tubwould stay againup to datebreakfast barvery nice hoteleasy accessnice staystaff was very friendlyin town
Reviewed 7 March 2018

There was a group of 6 of us with 3 rooms and we all agreed that the beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. The next day we had breakfast in the dining area and all of us were able to find something that we liked. Can't beat that!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Comfortable beds but layout and cleanliness leave a lot to be desired. Our family of four came to stay two nights while I had business in town. I booked directly through the hotel and was pleased when they offered a room slightly before the internet price. Upon reserving a room, I did request a room close to the front desk as I am handicapped and have problems walking even with a cane. I was assured it wouldn't be a problem. After checking in, and heading to our room, we had to first walk down the entire length of the downstairs corridor (at least ten rooms spread out on each side) just to reach the only elevator of the hotel. After getting off on the second floor, we again had to walk at least the same distance down the second floor corridor (our room is almost above the lobby). I'd have called the front desk to see about changing to a closer room, but I was just too worn out and in too much pain to have to walk the corridors again. This room DEFINITELY isn't ADA compatible. The sink is extremely slow draining, and the front desk assured me someone would look at it the next day. There was also an empty soda can in the bottom (open) section of the nightstand. When we returned to our room the second night, I noticed one wall of the bathroom had blood and what appeared to be poop splattered on the wall. We were all probably just too tired the night before to even notice. The sink had not been fixed and was still slow draining. Kudos to the desk clerk who came up shortly after 7:00 p.m. to clean the wall in the bathroom for us (she did offer to move our room, but since we are leaving in the morning and I'm worn out from working more than 12 hours today, we asked just that the wall be cleaned. The refrigerator also could be better -- it is an energy efficient refrigerator with no controls for cooler/warmer -- but everything we put in the fridge was barely cool to the touch even after being in there all night (we did hear the motor running, so it was working). The hotel desperately needs to be updated to be more accommodating in this high-tech world. The wi-fi has been wonderfully fast (rare for hotels), but there are very few outlets in the room. We had to unplug the hair dryer just to be able to charge our two phones. The beds are wonderfully soft, the rooms are quiet (we've not been able to hear anyone walking or talking in the halls), and the customer service has been prompt and has exceeded expectations. Upon asking the front desk clerk this morning about a local attraction my husband and children were interested in, she gave me quick directions and printed out information from the internet. The location is convenient to many things in Alexandria, too. However, great customer service doesn't take the place of poor housekeeping and non-compliant ADA rooms that are a long distance to walk to when walking is already difficult. I'll be back for business again in the future but will be looking at other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW24135, Manager at Best Western Alexandria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

I'm very sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. We are disappointed that we failed to meet the high standards we hold for the cleanliness of our hotel.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We had a quiet nights rest in a king bed room that was great to work, relax and sleep in. This is a very good hotel and I will be coming back when in the area. The hotel is easy to get to and in a very convenient location with great restaurants close by. I plan on staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW24135, Manager at Best Western Alexandria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Breakfast buffet was good, I had never seen a pancake cooker--they were good. Eggs seemed like powdered eggs but serving as eggs obrien made them pretty yummy! Many options for breakfast. Room was clean and nicely furnished.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW24135, Manager at Best Western Alexandria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you. We enjoy experimenting with our breakfast items.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the price was decent. The only complaint I had was the check in lady would only give me one rate. I had to call the Best Western Reservations to get a better rate. The pool and hot tub were nice. Breakfast was decent. There is a Walmart, Jimmy Johns and Menard by the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing you experience. we will consider your comments on rates when we review our policy.