All reviewswashers and dryerswhole foodshonor systeman extended stayfree laundry facilitiesstudio roomfree coffeebriarwood mallcomfortable bedbusiness travelerhot watercleaning staffconvenient locationfitness centerkitchenettedowntownmichigan
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I stayed in Candlewood Suites somewhere else for many times, and it was good for one business traveler. So I thought my wife and I should try another one in a different city. This was the least expensive but decent hotel we could find in the area. Surprisingly, it was easy to find as long as you don't listen to Google map and is only 10 minutes away from downtown. I agree that from the look of the front desk area, it could be shady, but once you are in the room, we were impressed by the size of the room. I agree with another reviewer about the smell in the room. Not sure what that was, but definitely musky or something. Anyhow, note that this place does not have a free breakfast, but you can find a place nearby to eat, and they seem to offer a free coffee in the store/fitness center. Overall, the bed was as comfortable as it could be. The shower could be better as far as the water pressure and the temperature of the hot water. Also, I kept seeing black hair in the tub, so wished the cleaning staff had done a better inspection of their cleaning job. Otherwise, it was just fine.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Andrea L, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed the extra space in your suite and the comfy bed. We also appreciate the feedback on the front desk area and cleanliness challenges. We will share these items with our staff and discuss what can be done to improve. We hope you'll give us a chance to turn your 4 stars into 5 the next time you visit Ann Arbor. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Convenient locations very many restaurants in radius stores nearby close to the highway the hotel itself is very clean all the employees are very friendly and you get fast efficient service. The rooms are great and each of the rooms have there own kitchenette so you can be away from home yet be right at home making meals for you and others. Almost forgot to mention that the washers and dryers are free to use...awesome place

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our friendly employees and the cleanliness of our hotel and it makes us happy to hear when others see and appreciate our hard work. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

I was going to stay with friends and/or family after my friend's wedding but decided a last minute room to myself would be better; so happy I chose Candlewood. The rate was great and the quality of the room was high; all new fixtures, comfortable bed, friendly staff, and easy late-check-in process. After a long day of being in the wedding, it was so nice to stay in a nice, safe place, take a warm bath (the tubs don't self drain leaving only 3" of water!) and get some solid sleep. The complimentary bag of popcorn was also much appreciated. Thanks for the restorative night!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dylan M

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We're so happy you enjoyed a relaxing bath and a comfy bed. We're also glad you found us safe and of a high quality - we work hard to make sure each guest feels settled while they're here. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Not super clean hotel lobby and areas but room was clean. Worst thing was the smell. It was indian food that I guess someone prior to me had cooked in room. I could not kill with the lysol, but I managed to sleep ok. I like the honor system they have for snacks.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Detroit/Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Hi kwireman,

It's always a pleasure to hear from our guests. Thank you for staying at the Candlewood Suites Detroit-Ann Arbor, MI.

I am glad to read that your stay was pleasing enough apart from the smell of the room. I will make sure to share this with the hotel's management so that it can be avoided in the future.

It's good to know that you found the Candlewood Cupboard system to your liking. We are confident in the honesty of our guests.

We'll be waiting for your next stop in the area for another opportunity to make your stay special.

Kind Regards,

Anna B.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here in March/ April 2017 for a visit to the University of Michigan. The hotel is clean and quiet and situated conveniently near to the Briarwood Mall. There is ample parking, but there is also a bus stop virtually outside which makes it easy to get into the City and to the University. The staff were friendly and rooms well appointed with a fridge, freezer, toaster, microwave oven, coffee machine and free laundry facilities. There is also a supermarket just over the road. Overall this was good for an extended stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're so happy you enjoyed our convenient location and our proximity to the city. We're also glad to see you loved our free laundry - just another way we work to make our hotel feel like your own space to settle in! We hope to see you again the next time you visit University of Michigan.