“Serviceable, odd bathroom layout”

Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed while in town for a Michigan football game. The hotel is conveniently situated very close to the University and near to restaurants, shops, etc. Hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. There is a morning breakfast buffet, but we didn’t end up eating there. There is water and coffee available throughout the day in the lobby. There is no bar or restaurant in the hotel, but there are several restaurants nearby.

Pool was a nice size and appears to be maintained well for a hotel pool. Our family enjoyed it during our stay. Bedrooms were clean. Beds were comfortable. The cable television in our room was a bit inconsistent and some channels would cut out. This was not a huge deal, but definitely something the management could look into improving. There is free internet access, a fee to upgrade for faster connection. There are several electrical outlets available for multiple electronics.

The bathroom situation was a bit odd in our room... not sure if it’s like this in all rooms... the sink was located in the general sleep area, while the toilet and shower/bathtub were in the actual bathroom. For privacy reasons this is a bit inconvenient. Whoever woke up first always disturbed the others trying to sleep. There is no electric outlet in the bathroom so again if you’re using a hair dryer, it made a lot of noise for others.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
AAFairfieldManager, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, KRISTINA C. As a valued customer, we value your feedback and have shared your concerns and kind words with the staff. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again should your travels return you to Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

While the room was okay, I left an expensive electric toothbrush in the bathroom which they claimed was not found. I repeatedly called the front desk and was told they would look for it and return my call. They never returned the calls. Even the General Manager didn't return my call. As someone who helps companies with improving their customer experience, I know that they have a serious problem at this particular hotel. I will likely never stay at this hotel and maybe never at another Marriott. Even dealing with Corporate Customer Care was a painful experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
AAFairfieldManager, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Good morning EROSSEN33,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry that our service fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to the property directly if we can further assist you.

Warm Regards,
Selena B.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I stayed overnight here as we dropped off our oldest daughter for her first year of college at U of M. The hotel is conveniently located to campus, right off the highway and near restaurants and retail. The room was clean and neat. Unfortunately, no beer or wine was available on premise but could be gotten at the courtyard next door. The free breakfast was ok. My only nit was that the mattress was too soft.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daviddNaperville

Dear davivvNaperville,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Ann Arbor.

Warm Regards,
Selena B.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

To begin the hotel is very clean. There is a common eating area where breakfast is served. We did not eat breakfast here because on Sunday it closes at 10 o'clock. There is coffee, tea, ice water available throughout the day.
The rooms were clean. The room set up is toilet and tub in the small bathroom and the sink is located in the main sleeping area. The bed was too soft. We could hear hallway noises before we went to sleep but the hotel itself was fairly quiet.
The customer service problem came when we left our personal pillow in the room. I called and was told they could not find it. This was 15 minutes after we left the hotel. I came back to the hotel and again was told it was not found. I requested to be let back in the room and found it myself lying on the bed. One pillow did not look like the others which they would have seen had they just taken the time to look.
Would I return? Yes, but I would investigate other hotels first.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
chai j, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Gmanbumpy,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. I am sorry to hear about our poor response to your request. This is something I will definitely address with my team to ensure we are delivering outstanding service at all times. Once again, I appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you soon when back in the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

stay here for an Lacrosse Tournament .
The staff was friendly. The rooms were very quiet, but kinda small. this is the reason i only gave 4 stars.The breakfast was really good,in comparison to most free breakfast buffets.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
chai j, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Shelly G,

We are thrilled to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one. Our new breakfast program was rolled out 4th quarter of 2016, and it offers greater variety along with healthy choices. We have received raving reviews about our new breakfast program.
Thank you for the positive review, and hope to serve you soon!