All reviews room was clean nice breakfast free breakfast yogurt little things big house short drive donuts convenient location would stay again business trip mini fridge cleaning staff lobby area pool and hot tub off the highway front desk clerk
Reviewed 29 September 2017

While the room was okay, I left an expensive electric toothbrush in the bathroom which they claimed was not found. I repeatedly called the front desk and was told they would look for it and return my call. They never returned the calls. Even the General Manager didn't return my call. As someone who helps companies with improving their customer experience, I know that they have a serious problem at this particular hotel. I will likely never stay at this hotel and maybe never at another Marriott. Even dealing with Corporate Customer Care was a painful experience.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AAFairfieldManager, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Good morning EROSSEN33,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry that our service fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to the property directly if we can further assist you.

Warm Regards,
Selena B.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I stayed overnight here as we dropped off our oldest daughter for her first year of college at U of M. The hotel is conveniently located to campus, right off the highway and near restaurants and retail. The room was clean and neat. Unfortunately, no beer or wine was available on premise but could be gotten at the courtyard next door. The free breakfast was ok. My only nit was that the mattress was too soft.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank daviddNaperville

Dear davivvNaperville,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Ann Arbor.

Warm Regards,
Selena B.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

To begin the hotel is very clean. There is a common eating area where breakfast is served. We did not eat breakfast here because on Sunday it closes at 10 o'clock. There is coffee, tea, ice water available throughout the day.
The rooms were clean. The room set up is toilet and tub in the small bathroom and the sink is located in the main sleeping area. The bed was too soft. We could hear hallway noises before we went to sleep but the hotel itself was fairly quiet.
The customer service problem came when we left our personal pillow in the room. I called and was told they could not find it. This was 15 minutes after we left the hotel. I came back to the hotel and again was told it was not found. I requested to be let back in the room and found it myself lying on the bed. One pillow did not look like the others which they would have seen had they just taken the time to look.
Would I return? Yes, but I would investigate other hotels first.

Trip type: Travelled with family
chai j, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Gmanbumpy,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. I am sorry to hear about our poor response to your request. This is something I will definitely address with my team to ensure we are delivering outstanding service at all times. Once again, I appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you soon when back in the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

stay here for an Lacrosse Tournament .
The staff was friendly. The rooms were very quiet, but kinda small. this is the reason i only gave 4 stars.The breakfast was really good,in comparison to most free breakfast buffets.
I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
chai j, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Shelly G,

We are thrilled to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one. Our new breakfast program was rolled out 4th quarter of 2016, and it offers greater variety along with healthy choices. We have received raving reviews about our new breakfast program.
Thank you for the positive review, and hope to serve you soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Left home late so we could get part of the way to our son and wife, who were at the hospital having a baby in Columbus, OH. Most places we called for a room were booked and we were very fortunate to find this Fairfield Inn and they had one room left, a handicapped room. By the time we arrived it was well after midnight. The front desk clerk was exceptional and we were very impressed with the entire facility. We were exhausted and had to leave early in the morning so we got to bed right away. The room was great but when we woke up we were both a bit nauseous because even though the mattress was very comfortable...it had a very bad smoke smell. There was no smell in the room but it seems that the mattress was a hold over from the renovation or someone stayed in that room and was smoking in bed or something. I did let the manager know about the issue and was told they would look into it. Again, very impressed and would stay there again, but would really have to make sure there was no smoke smell in the mattress because that smell stayed with us all the next day. Again, super hotel overall but the mattress smelled was bad.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lewbar,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear our staff was able to accommodate you at the last minute. I have relayed the issue you pointed out to my department leaders, and we will address it right away. Once again, I appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you soon when your travels bring you back to this area.