“I'll go back !”

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Sao Paulo, SP
“I'll go back !”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed there for two weeks as I was working in that region. I was given a good room, with king bed and fridge, but there's no safe. Staff was very pleasant and one of the receptionists even greeted me in Portuguese (I'm Brazilian).Try not to stay on the first floor, because of the noise of the lobby and the breakfast area. Although they don't have diner, there's an Applebees attached, which is great in winter.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ryan B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you, for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn North, as we realize you have many lodging choices when visiting Ann Arbor. Our team is always working to improve our guest’s experience. It is feedback like yours that helps us to improve. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience during your next visit to the Ann Arbor area. Thank you and have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Indiana
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed for one week at this location for business and would stay again.
Positives:
+ Room decor was new; flat screen TV, fresh/clean/new linens & bed covers, carpet, and bathroom fixtures
+ Applebee's is located on the property. You don't have to walk outside.
+ Access to Anytime Fitness
+ Breakfast choices; hot or cold, healthy or non-healthy choices every morning
+ Staff was very helpful and seemed to care whenever I had a question or request
+ Several other good restaurant choices nearby and convenient
Negatives:
- Fitness center is very small and would only use one of the two treadmills
- Smokers tend to smoke next to the front door, so you have to walk through the smoke screen when entering/exiting the building
- Trash cans were filthy in the breakfast area. Each canister had a flap/door you must push to put in your trash. I wouldn't touch the flap/door as they were covered with food, etc.

Room Tip: Don't use the fitness center, use the Anytime Fitness facility within walking distance (across t...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a thorough outline of your stay! We appreciate your suggestions regarding the fitness center and breakfast areas and will take them into consideration when they are renovated at the end of the year. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the other parts of your stay and hope to see you back again!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed overnight for a quick visit, staff are accommodating and breakfast has a number of varieties (boiled eggs, scrambled, sausage patties, hashbrowns, cereal, rice). There is no safe or fridge in the room. Staff are helpful - located close to a CVS and Applebees (attached) so you don't have to go too far to get anything.

Would stay here again if I had a reason to be in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
JennaSmithGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ann Arbor - North, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we value your opinion. We are glad you enjoyed breakfast. We do also offer fridges available upon request and have safety deposit boxes at the front desk. I hope you are able to take advantage of these if you are in the area again.
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I am a loyal Hilton property customer staying in their rooms 40 weeks a year. Upon check-in the front desk staff had ignored my profile preference of a room on high floor away from elevator and stair wells. They had assigned me a room on the first floor right by the breakfast area and outside the window was the main entrance. Not ideal for a light sleeper. Finally after a long wait I was given a room on the third floor. When I went to the room the couch and the TV are on the same side of the room making it impossible to sit and watch any programing. I went back to the front desk and was told all rooms were like that. So upon moving some furniture around I discovered horid filth under the couch. Overall this is my last stay here. I did check the South location and they were full or I would have moved. Much nicer!

• Stayed January 2012
I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience hear at our hotel. Please contact me directly at the hotel (734-996-4444) or jsmith@fhginc.com so we can further investigate your stay and make sure this is resolved. Thank you for providing this feedback so we can improve our services for future stays.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The staff were very helpful and always accommodating. Clean and quiet, with a very nice breakfast. It is pet-friendly with a smaller charge for pets than some of the other pet-friendly hotels in the area. As other reviews stated, the bathroom is quite small, but how many people need to get in it at one time?! Although there is very little counter space, there are shelves under the sink that can be used for toiletries. The clothes closet is also rather small, so don't plan on using more than 6 or so hangers. An Applebee's is attached to the hotel, so on the snowy night I arrived, I could have a nice dinner without going outside again. Overall, a very nice visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you providing us with your feedback. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy breakfast, Applebee's, and the staff was friendly as you should expect! We appreciate your business!