All reviews executive level free champagne briarwood mall hotel restaurant attached restaurant hot tub art fair front desk staff clean hotel football game beds were very comfortable visit ann arbor fitness center parking lot university of michigan campus continental breakfast indoor pool
Reviewed 4 October 2018

The Kensington is located in the parking lot of the Briarwood Mall (anchor stores include JC Penny, Sears, Macy's, and Von Maur) and several restaurants including Los Amigo (Mexican), Buffalo Wild Wings, Burger King, PF Chang's. It has conferencing space and an in-house restaurant that has a good Sunday brunch. The rooms are okay, but nothing great.

Room Tip: It isn't a high rise, so try to get a room away from the highway and away from State Street to avoid the non-stop traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Ryan K, Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Good afternoon X6997MWpeterh,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you were able to take part in our Sunday Brunch at Relish! We are glad to hear that our convenient location with many options for both dining and shopping was helpful to you. Thank you for choosing the Kensington and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Reading the reviews, I thought we were in for a treat. I really fell for the impression that a glass of champagne would be waiting for us upon check-in. No glass offered. Then reality set in once we got to our room. Nothing bad.....just another hotel. I fell for it. Wouldn't pay that much for an "ok" room here again.

Stayed: September 2018

Good afternoon Joray_NE,

We apologize that you feel as though we are "just another hotel" and would like to reassure you that is not the experience that we strive to make sure each and every guest of ours receives. We do offer a complimentary glass of champagne with every check in, so I would like to apologize again that one was not offered to you. We are constantly striving to make our guest experiences better than the day before, so we hope that you will return and give us another chance to exceed all of your expectations. Thank you for staying with us, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stayed here while moving my daughter into school at UM this past August. We had booked a room at the Days Inn and when we got there it was so run down we were desperate to find a better place. We booked the Kensington last minute and were thrilled. The staff was so accommodating and nice and the rooms were bright, clean and well appointed. It is not within walking distance to campus, (a short drive) but we had a car with us so it didn't matter. We loved it and would definitely stay again!

Stayed: August 2018
Ryan K, Manager at The Kensington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Good evening debbyrkatz18,

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and that our staff were able to make you feel welcome here at the Kensington. We are glad that our clean and comfortable rooms provided all the comforts of home, and we hope to see you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I'm staying here for 3 nights right now. They didnt have the room service menu, the order for breakfast next morning which they had the first night. I ordered the night before for my second morning for 730am. I called at 745 to check up. Front desk said it would be coming up any minute. I called at 805 and the restaurant called me back after saying they never received my order from the night before. No one apologized and they keep putting blame on others. At least be respectful instead of giving attitude on the phone. Heating system is horrible, it won't go above 70 and at night seems like it drops more. Half of the tv channels dont work. Giving 2 stars for the hotel itself and location to my conference.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Nana S

I want to apologize for the shortcomings that you experienced while you were a guest with us. I want to assure you that is not the typical level of service that guests expect and deserve when they stay at the Kensington, and I would like to make it up to you on your next stay. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at 734-761-7800 and ask for Ryan. Thank you for choosing the Kensington, we hope to see you again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We stayed at the hotel as a way to see my older kids while our youngest daughter was in the hospital for surgery. The pool was a wonderful temperature and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Thank you

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good evening Sabina V,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Kensington and for providing such wonderful feedback! We are glad you were able to utilize all of our various amenities during your visit to the hospital, and that our rooms were able to provide the comfort that you deserve. We thank you again, and hope we hope to see you again soon!