All reviews german restaurant salt water pool hi express wedding guests within walking distance room was clean home away from home the breakfast area would stay here again would highly recommend this hotel business center a great place to stay complimentary breakfast bagels parking lot dexter cinnabon
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was extremely clean and Melanie at the front desk was very helpful and customer focused!

I'll definitely be staying here again. The location is also very convenient, and plenty of places to eat and visit within walking distance to the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Just to say. I got into town with my wife after dealing with a sick grand parent and she was the best. Melanie really made my day when i spent a day at the U of M caring for my grandpa. She really made sure my room was correct and she greeted me with a smile and a caring voice. Days like today are hard but she is the reason I’ll stay again!!!

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Two days in a row, our room was not cleaned until after 6 pm, even though we were out all day. The second day, the shower had not been cleaned. The front desk offered no explanation for the delay in cleaning rooms. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Kathleen H,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. It is unfortunate that housekeeping services failed to make your room better and more livable. I am very sorry for we were not able to give you a more better experience. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights. The room with a king bed was lovely, great mattresses, nice linens, a couch with a fold out bed and attached lounger, coffee table, table with two chairs (very convenient to bring the morning breakfast back to the room to enjoy), the room phone had multiple chargers attached to fit various phone jacks, usb chargers, ample electrical outlets, clean in every way, nice front desk staff who were very helpful with recommendations for restaurants and other requests, and they were entertained with our southern accents (in a most lovely way). The rooms come equipped with the usual conveniences and we lacked nothing we needed/or had forgotten to bring to attend a family wedding. The variety of complimentary breakfast food (hot and cold, fruit, various cereals, fresh oatmeal, pancakes, sausage, scrambled and boiled eggs, toast, bagels, muffins (toaster available), biscuits, gravy, jelly, fresh, hot Cinnabon’s, great coffee, hot tea...and it was hopping BUSY every morning at breakfast! Housekeeping was attentive every day. We could not have asked for a more comfortable stay over a holiday weekend in beautiful Ann Arbor. We only wished we’d had more time to see the sights, but visiting Michigan campus on an MU game night watch party was a great time. You need look no further than Holiday Inn West Express. Some day we hope to return. Btw, we enjoyed watching groundhogs, deer, and a turkey hen with her little ones out our window on the back side room, an extra bonus. The attached photo is not of good quality but was our relaxing window view through which the wildlife entertained us.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I am not sure why the rate was so much higher on our second visit to this establishment, but I won't go here again at the higher rate. The hotel is close to the Veteran Hospital and is clean. Those are the two reasons why we chose it for our stay. They were having a Blues Festival later in the week, but we stayed before that event began. I am a member of Holiday and even with the discount, it was almost $200. We stayed several months before and paid under $150. We did eat breakfast this time and it was the same as most Holiday Inn Express, pretty average. The staff was friendly and housekeeping did a good job. Therefore, I gave it an above average rating. Might shop around next time, however.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple