“Lunch with my wife”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Road
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Our server was outstanding and very attentive to our needs. She demonstrated a “can do” attitude. However, the food was overpriced. My BBQ chicken was good but not worth the $16 price. Zingerman’s Deli delivers more for a half sandwich. My wife did not enjoy her sandwich. I strongly recommend the Deli in Kerrytown but would never choose to come back to the Roadhouse. The portions and quality are not worth what is being charged.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Nice place to go for lunch. A lot of variety on the menu. We ordered the donuts - which are huge! Very tasty. Nice place to go with larger group. Eggs, salads, burgers and more.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

It's hard to go wrong with hamburgers and mac & cheese, but somehow they did. The burgers weren't cooked evenly; we asked for medium, but it was well-done on one side and through the middle, and the other side was almost rare. The toppings were fresh, but the fries had no flavor and weren't crispy on the outside. A good portion of them were also very short (1 inch or less), like they were cut from scraps.

The cheeses they use for the mac & cheese are, in my opinion, the wrong choice. The blend has a sour taste to it that most people wouldn't expect. Also, the browned bit that's normally on top of a good mac & cheese was sparse and mixed in. I had probably 4 bites and didn't want any more.

The gelato we had for dessert was delicious, but you can get the same stuff at the Zingerman's deli without a full meal attached.

Our server and the hostesses were very friendly and the atmosphere is cute, but the food was, unfortunately, not up to par with what I expect from the Zingerman's name and other restaurants in town. The Roadhouse is expensive compared to similar restaurants, but the quality doesn't justify it. I had planned to bring guests here originally, but I'm glad I tried the place beforehand; I wont be coming back.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Good place to eat with friends.The Mac-n-Cheese is fantastic and I was really glad to see that they had a gluten free version of this great dish.

Classic roadhouse decor with the unusual twist that the walls display thousands of eclectic salt and pepper shakers collected by the owner. Lots of booths and large tables for groups of friends. Good hoppy ales and draft beer selection. Food was a little pricey but very good. They heavily market the freshness of their fish and the organic nature of their meats. I can't veryify any of that, but I can say that the meats did taste very good, tender and the pulled pork / pulled chicken was excellent.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast and brunch place. Excellent sized portions. Make sure you make reservations or get there early.