“Very disappointed”

Creekside Grill & Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2014

We visited the Creekside several times during the last two years and have been underwhelmed.
Today I had the perch dinner and cajun clam chowder.The chowder should be avoided by anyone with high blood pressure ,it was like eating a bowl of salt. The perch was greasy and definitely not fresh fish.It tasted like pre packed fish thrown in a pot of grease.Although the service was exceptional the food simply did not measure up. I will not be returning anytime soon

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We live in town and this is one of our favorite places for an unpretentious dinner of great food from an extensive menu that has never hit a sour note yet! We take my world-traveled in-laws there and they love it too. Here's the thing--the menu is huge, they have specials, etc. and all of it has been delicious. Pulled pork and brisket highly recommended. Lobster mac 'n cheese (yes!) a never-forgotten experience in richness. Their soups are great and if you manage to have room for dessert, get 4 forks and the Towering Suicide cake or whatever they call it. Or if sticky toffee pudding should be on special, get two and take 1 to go. You'll thank me later.

1  Thank a2veeness
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Recently had dinner at Creekside. The only really good thing we had there was the garlic bread they served. The salad was basic iceberg lettuce, a few grape tomatoes, croutons and a little red cabbage. The vinegar for the salad had some sort of sediment floating in the bottom of the bottle. The oil and vinegar bottles were kind of sticky as were the salt and pepper shakers and the table top. Obviously, the restaurant could use a good cleaning.

I had the Cajun broiled tilapia with potatoes. The fish was fine, the potatoes were a bit bland. My husband had the salmon special with butternut squash ravioli. Unfortunately, the ravioli were sweeter than he would have liked. The salmon was ok, but nothing special.

Our waitress was great. She had the entire bar area to take care of and there were 3 or 4 table that were all seated at the same time. She did a great job getting everything to each and every table in a timely fashion,

Unfortunately, I can't see us going back.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my 3rd or 4th visit but I'd never tried their BBQ. Somehow missed it. Never again! My husband had the combo: 30-hour smoked brisket and chipotle-sauced pulled pork. I wanted his plate! (He did let me taste.) We were really hungry so we started off with the Steamed Mussels. Lovely and very good. Only complaint was that it would have been better with a baguette instead of the dinner rolls they had. My Founders beer-battered fish and chips were perfect -- fish light and moist. Service was attentive and not pushy. Reasonable prices. Also found they offer a beer flight -- about 3 oz tastes of 5 of their Michigan drafts for about the price of a draft. So we shared that. Check it out!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had dinner with nearly a dozen friends before going to a movie. The waitress handle our meals promptly and efficiently, making sure we each had the correct checks and were done in time to get to the movie.
Creekside has a large menu with many interesting dishes and a good collection of daily specials. I enjoyed the Oktoberfest special, with bratwurst, polish sausage, potatoes, mixed vegetables and sauerkraut. Yummy. My wife had fish, which she also enjoyed. Nearly everyone in our group commented on how much they enjoyed their dinner.