All reviews briarwood mall towne place suites pool toys full kitchen small kitchen sized refrigerator yogurt walking distance to the mall waffle iron suite hotels pool area was clean short drive parking lot dorm room king bed free breakfast housekeeping staff
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We spent three nights here and it was it was just about everything that someone would want in a hotel.

The location was perfect and there is a mall and quite a few restaurants within both walking distance and an easy drive.

The entire staff was friendly and welcoming. Check-in was quick and easy, and our suite was perfect.

The kitchen had a full-size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and every utensil needed to prepare meals. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing that I would change in the room is that while they had shampoo/conditioner, lotion, and hair dryer, there was no shower gel. That surprised me considering the quality of everything else at the hotel.

The hotel has everything that you could need for an extended stay. There is breakfast served in the morning (not exactly what I liked, but good for those on the run), a vending area, cookies in the lobby in the evening, laundry, pool, exercise room with enough equipment for a good workout and had towels, and hot tub. It is pet friendly. There is also a large parking lot.

The pool was a little chilly and when asked if they could turn up the heat, they were very accommodating. The pool area is very nice with lots of lounge chairs and towels.

I was there to take baking classes at Zingerman's and this will be where I will stay for every visit to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Hayley P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Dear SXMChick,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel! We are so glad you were able to take advantage of some of the many amenities our hotel offers during your trip. Our team greatly enjoys providing the best hospitality in the Ann Arbor area, and will be glad to have you back whenever you are in town!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Please forgive me, but I cannot remember their names, but every single member of the staff were delightful. The young woman who worked the evenings made an especially good impression, by dropping what she was doing when I mentioned that the coffee was low. Within minutes the coffee was brewed and ready for me. They all give the impression that I am their only guest. The room was comfortable and the free wifi was quite good. When i go back to see my friend in AA I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear SeanW301,

Thanks so much for providing us with feedback about your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Our team is committed to providing the best service in the area, and are always happy to hear about your experience. Again, thanks so much for your time, and have a great day! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Check out today, I️ stayed here for a month. Had no issues at all and entire staff was friendly. Typical breakfast and cookies in the evening. Cute dark haired girl with good tattoos seemed to always have the cookies made. Best stay I’ve had in awhile to be honest. So many places their staff or maids are lazy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear John L,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that Jordan was able to satisfy your sweet tooth while in town and that you were able to recognize the extra effort our team puts in to ensure our guests are satisfied. We hope we can be your first choice whenever your travels bring you back.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Many thanks to Louis for making our arrival smooth and easy. After a long day checking out the sites in the area, it was great to get straight to the room to settle in and relax. Breakfast the next morning was nice and it set us off on the right foot for the rest of our travels. Would definitely stay again next time we come in to the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Kevin O,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this past November. I have already passed your kind words on to Louis and the rest of our team. We look forward to having you back the next time your travels bring you to Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed at the hotel for 10 hours - arriving at 11:00pm and departing at 9:00am the next morning. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and the room was ready and spacious. They have a suite with a separate bedroom and a living room/kitchenette next to it. It was plenty of room for my husband and I and our senior in high school looking at U of Michigan. The breakfast was the standard Marriott spread with the addition of some nice add ins for the waffles. The hotel is close to the freeway and a short 15 minute drive to campus. I would definitely stay here when visiting the campus in the future.

Room Tip: WE overlooked a retention pond and enjoyed the fall folliage around the water. It was surprising given that we were near a shopping mall.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Familytravelmaven
Hayley P, Manager at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Familytravelmaven,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor! I am pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our property while visiting the U of M. Our team prides ourselves in going above and beyond for each and every guest and it sounds like we were able to do just that for you. We look forward to welcoming you back on all of your future visits to Ann Arbor.

Best Regards,